Customs: Is there a Company that will Ship Spray Paint Overseas?

Discussion in 'Creative General Discussion' started by Rod, Feb 1, 2011.

1. Rod

Rod No Silly Robot User Name

Well I recently moved to Japan, and Im having a hard time finding a particular color paint I need for a project. I need Model Masters Hot Magenta, and that brand isnt carried over here. Tamyia and Mr Hobby are the big brands, but neither of them have a 'hot pink' paint that has a glossy finish.

I have a US (APO) adress, but like I said its overseas and I havent had much luck tracking down a site that will ship to me.

Any Ideas?

2. hXcpunk23

hXcpunk23 The Chaos Bringer

Ebay:
    Check with Hobbylinc.com:

International Ordering

It's based in Atlanta, GA and they offer International shipping (the link above is showing the details on shipping overseas). Not sure if they have the exact paint you're after, but they do have a Tamiya Polycarbonate Translucent Pink that seems to be "hot pink"--but you'd need to prime with a light/white color to probably have it stand out nice.

Will Testors not ship to Japan? I tried to find the info on their site, but couldn't find any details on shipping.

3. Fishdirt

Fishdirt Tin Toy Transformer

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I thought any compressed can cannot be shipped overseas due to pressure changes and chance of explosions...if this company does I'll love it when I move!

edit: looked at the site. They don't ship spray paint overseas. It's ground only.

4. Ramrider

Ramrider TF Art Lad

That's what I thought, actually. Though I have a feeling you are allowed to take small aerosols on commercial flights, so maybe that's not the case...

5. Fishdirt

Fishdirt Tin Toy Transformer

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I think the size is very tiny.

You live in Europe, is krylon fusion available round abouts there? I'm moving to Sweden and I need to find out where I'll be getting supplies that I can only get near me (no friends shipping me paint!).

On the good side while everyone is paying 2 times the price for transformers there I'll have my friends ship me mine :p 

6. Ramrider

Ramrider TF Art Lad

I've certainly never seen Krylon stuff here; whether it's available on the continent, I'm not sure.