Is there a chance that Hasbro could realase Takara's retooled Unicron?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by MMarker, Oct 9, 2010.

1. Gingerchris

Gingerchris Telly-headed Tyrant

News Credits:
    There's always a chance with any of these things. Never say never and all that. Probably be an exclusive though and in small numbers. Maybe there'll be a sniff of Unicron in BayFomers 3 and it'll get an airing for that if there isn't a new Bay-specific mold for him.

2. grimlock1972

grimlock1972 Optimus, serving up the primest of ribs since 1984

News Credits:
    less than 1% chance of that happening , I won't rule it completely as Hasbro has surprised us before.

3. SeiberBirdR

SeiberBirdR Birbicon, Metal-Head

News Credits:
    I agree that is possible but highly unlikely. No media to support it, too high a price point, the detailing is beyond what Hasbro prefers to do in mass retail releases. I actually bought this mold once in the Energon release. For my little cousin. He loved it and I thought it was awesome but I had not started to collect again yet. I think I nabbed it for like $40 at the time. At $60 I am not sure I would be willing to pay for it, and at $60 Hasbro would have less paint detail. The formula just does not work out on what I am likely willing to pay for a Hasbro release unless I was feeling particularly spendulous at the time. My suggestion to Hasbro would be to not do it. I want one, but am not willing to pay the price it would have to be sold for.

4. [Wing_Saber-X]

[Wing_Saber-X] Takara Fanboy Collector

News Credits:
    ^Yeah, this! :D 
    It'll be too expensive for Hasbro to port over...

5. Rigas

Rigas Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Extremely unlikely unless they can gussy it up to be a part of the TF3:D ark Side of the Moon toyline. They will want a supreme to for it. And since ROTF Devs is still on shelves, (There are about 10 of them in my local store for 80 and if they ever drop ill pick one up just to have) they wont have to spend on dev costs if they can shoe-horn it in somehow.

I wouldn't hold my breath though.

6. 46+2

46+2 Well-Known Member

doubt it.

7. mac&cheese

mac&cheese Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I think theres a very good chance they will reissue this as a exclusive. Its not what collectors want to hear. But its the truth. So just wait and see for now.

8. Foster

Foster Haslab Victory Saber Backer #3 Veteran

News Credits:
    :lol  You say that about everything, but you don't know the damn truth any more than anyone here.

Look at how neutered the MP Rodimus is. Even if it did come over, it still needs to be a product fans want. If they don't make the budget for all the paint apps and the black wash, hell, it's practically the Armada piece again.

Feel free to wait, I'll be downstairs gobbling planets!

9. Grimlock_13

Grimlock_13 Currently facepalming at your post

News Credits:
    Nothing new to add here, just agreeing withsveral points others have made...

1- Anything is possible, and stranger things have been released.Personally I don't think they will anytime soon since the mold has already been released Stateside three times and was a pretty bi shelfwarmer each time.

2-Even f they DID release it, I don't think they'd want to spend the money on giving it the same details that the Takara release has. That line paneling bsolutely MAKE that release. Side by side there's really no comparison. Save up some money and get the Takara version. Just a gorgeous release.