Is there a chance that Hasbro could realase Takara's retooled Unicron?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by MMarker, Oct 9, 2010.

1. MMarker

MMarker Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Could they do it in the future?

2. guard convoy

guard convoy The Big Daddy

News Credits:
    it is a possibility

3. thedrknss48

thedrknss48 Veteran

News Credits:
    I would like this to happen since I don't have the Energon/Universe one. It could even just be a repackage of that one.

I figured this is a possibility because Unicron is on the cover of the Battle in Space comic. Small chance, but I can dream can't I?

4. Sioce

Sioce Radicon in training

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I'm doubting it.
    Unicron has had 2 releases stateside. and there are still some on shelves if you look hard enough.
    My takara one shipped today :D 

5. anotheran

anotheran Old skooler

The old one was released at least 2 different times and shelf warmed for quite a while. I highly doubt we'll see the takara version

If I break down and decide to pick up the movie characters, I'll pick up the Takara version.

6. Blackout32

Blackout32 Subdivisions

1 answere to that question NO,... without going into details as if we really need to.

7. guard convoy

guard convoy The Big Daddy

News Credits:
    um why? there is a chance hasbro could release it, even if there is a 1 and a million chance, there is a chance

is it likely right now? no, but there is a chance that someday they could release it

the mold could be usable by hasbro, it just depends if hasbro decides to do it

8. barrelks

barrelks Captain Funtastic

News Credits:
    I didn't think I would say this, but Im gonna say that there is a shot, only because of some of the screwy choices the retailers have made for exclusives. Most of the exclusives from ROTF I found pretty strange, and still warming the shelves at everywhere but Target (only because they aggresively discount). But the only thing holding it back is the pricetag, which is probably a big issue.

9. Blackout32

Blackout32 Subdivisions

So very true but look what others said that it was a shelf warmer back a few yrs ago and didn't sell very well even though in my area when I HAD a TRU they only had 2 in stock and only carried a couple and they sat their on the shelf for months before I could get it. Right now with the economy I doubt that Hasbro would risk anything like that of that mold when alot of people have that mold already but who knows down the road but I am saying no for right now too. They could but then again I doubt it would happen anytime soon for a long time till 1 day they think they might wanna try and see if it would sell.

10. alex_kingdom

alex_kingdom Well-Known Member

I dont see it happening, unless its a TRU or Target exclusive. There really isn't the mass market for it.

11. Wyvern

Wyvern Velvet Sanchez

News Credits:
    I think they might. It might take some time but it might happen. Why wouldn't it? All it would take is a retailer taking a risk selling it as an exclusive. Maybe even BBTS or TFCC could step up.

12. G1_Cindersaur

G1_Cindersaur Banned

News Credits:
  13. Gilgamesh

Gilgamesh Mostly Harmless

News Credits:
    Well, customizers always need more Unicron parts, maybe the original mold is running out already ^^

14. Feralstorm

Feralstorm I ship Nick & Judy TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    There's always a chance ... but probably not anytime soon.

15. Deceptigtar

Deceptigtar Sworn Decepticon Assassin

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    so many ppl bitched how they didnt get in armada, then tru carries it as an exclusive through TRU and sat there forever!

I highly doubt, again, Hasbro would go that route because it would have to be a store exclusive and again I can only see TRU doing it, if they choose to, and since history would probably repeat itself, they would steer clear.

Also I know ppl are saying and hoping for this as they do not want to spend the money or have it for the takara version, but think of the lack of detail it would prbably have if they did release state side at a $60 price point. Yuck.

16. ComicGuy89

ComicGuy89 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Quite a shame that it won't be released stateside, though I do understand their concerns. I too, would have to think twice about the price tag.

17. Grimwing

Grimwing Scientist Supreme

News Credits:
    I'm kind of surprised toys r us picked up the Green devastator legends set.
    That kind of has a limited level of interest. I picked one up, but it looks wrong to just have the set in "Geewun Constructicon" green.

Toys R Us did take a reissue of the previous unicron for Universe in 2008 and if you count that separately from the armada use and the dark unicron in energon.

I'd say if hasbro does decide to release it domestically then it will be store exclusive and Toys R Us would be the only place that could spare the shelf space and collector interest.

Though from what I have seen of the takara version I doubt hasbros version would have nearly as many paint washes.

If you want it then import it. I think its has more going for it than the 2010 primus without retooling.

Last edited: Oct 9, 2010
  18. Orodruin

Orodruin @deathformer TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I doubt it. There were already 2 releases of the figure here and without some media push for it I don't think there would be much demand for it.

19. thenatureboywoo

thenatureboywoo Veteran

News Credits:
    Give it another five years, you might see a release. It's Unicron, the ultimate badass. Every generation should have a shot at him.

20. Foster

Foster Super Mod

News Credits:
    I wouldn't if I was Hasbro. Unless the Hub put Armada and Energon on continuous reruns, and even then it would be a big gamble as a mass retail piece.