Is the Wii really this badly made?

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by jourdo, Apr 28, 2008.

1. wikkiddavis

wikkiddavis The wikkid man

News Credits:
    Ive had my Wii Sence Augest and Ive had it Virtical the intire time but I play it everyday and my wii connect 24 is off.

I think if you let it set around for awhile it collects dust and then it breaks down from not being used alot and plus I blow it out with and Air Compressr and I have my Annual Wii Cleaning Day Every Sunday.

2. CripNite

CripNite That Whack Canuck Dude

News Credits:
    The only two issues with anything I've had on the Wii with anything is that my Guitar Hero 3 game freezes ALL the time (usually on the setlist, but sometimes on songs), and the only way to fix it is to eject the disk and put it back in (the first two times this happened, it wouldn't even eject the disk and I had to - yikes - pull out the power cable and put it back in). The other issue is that sometimes the USB WiFi connector doesn't connect. I've downloaded their new file for Windows Vista and I'm going to try that and see if my connection errors resolve.

3. eyeballkid

eyeballkid Old

News Credits:
    Wow, that was quite the read...

4. flamepanther

flamepanther Interested, but not really

The best part is where he does something "annual" once a week. I wish I had a time machine.

5. toma

toma eskimo in disguise

i've never had a problem. my wii is horizontal though; it just fits on the shelf better that way.

6. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I had my Wii for about a month, before I exchanged it, and I never had a single issue with it. I think Nintendo products have spurts of problems, like any machine, but for the most part, they are always solid.

7. seeker311

seeker311 The Collector

News Credits:
    Never had ANY problems with the PS2

8. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ditto, and I had my original PS2 until I trade it in for my 360 last year. No problems at all, BUT, I know they were out there. The PS2, NES, GENESIS, SATURN, DREAMCAST and WII are the only systems I didn't have problems with (and my PS3). My PS1 crashed after playing Resident Evil 1 for 12 hours straight, my Xbox died after a week of playing it (and it was the company Bill Gates-signed edition), my 360 died the week I bought Oblivion. My Gamecube didn't display polygonal geometry when I bought it.

No system is without faults, but I do have to say that none of my SEGA systems ever gave me problems

9. wikkiddavis

News Credits:
    Well sorry for posting Jessh. I guess I won't be doing that much anymore not like I did anways.

But my wii is fine and thats all that Matters.

10. MasterOfPuppets

MasterOfPuppets Banned

Well you don't have to stop posting. But you could work on your spelling and grammar... a lot.

11. wikkiddavis

News Credits:
    I know that sorry for being a idoit about it.

I know my grammer and Spelling isnt that good but I never wanted to be a English Professor or anything. :lol 

12. seeker311

seeker311 The Collector

News Credits:

Only one Ive had a problem with is my 360 which had the RROD last month. My first SNES broke becuase I messed with it but the second still works and my Genesis still works though I have to fiddle with the cartridge. So far, my wife's Wii and I say its hers cause I have not touched it since she's had it, has worked well.

13. flamepanther

flamepanther Interested, but not really

I bet you never had a 32X :p 

14. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Wait, hahaha, yes I did, and it seriously never gave me issues! Why, did 32X's have problems?

I still have mine but it isn't compatible with my Genesis 3. But when I did have that "experiment" it worked fine. :D 

Seriously? Are we hacking on people for their spelling and punctuation? Everyone here has made those types of errors... and I mean everyone, myself included, and I'm an English minor (shame on me). Even when we don't think that we are making them, people post dependent clauses without accompanying independent clauses, run-on sentences without the proper punctuation. I didn't think that we were coming down on people on a message board for that stuff. Because if we are, then we need to hide the stone basket, because no one can really cast stones.

15. seeker311

seeker311 The Collector

News Credits:
    I had a 32X as well and the only problem I had was setting in those metal clips into the Genesis cartridge slot. Doom and Star wars arcade was awesome on that add on.