Is the Transformers movie Optimus Prime politcally correct ?!!

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by WWMEGATRON, Aug 17, 2006.

1. WWMEGATRON

WWMEGATRON Well-Known Member

I delete my opinion

I have deleted all of my previous opinion. Not because I feel insulted ,but because I don't feel very proud of it. Once again I'm sorry.

2. Brave Magnus

Brave Magnus Hecho en Argentina

News Credits:
    I also see the similarity between the USA flag and Prime's color scheme but it's just a coincidence. The colors were the same back in the Diaclone line so it has nothing to do with the USA colors.
    And the flame paintjob is not that bad. I like it.

3. Taker

Taker Chilean TF Fan

I like Prime's colors for this movie, they ressemble the essence of Prime. The flames make him look more agile and dynamic.

And Energon Prime didn't follow the pattern of the other Primes...

4. WWMEGATRON

It's not whether I think it looks like Old Glory ,but whether is why they (Bay and the movie crew) thought of changing Prime's paint-set. After all ,isn't Hollywood notoriously politically correct.

5. RHansen

RHansen Sir. Ranbotnic Veteran

News Credits:
    if this thread gets political any further than referencing the colors of the flag its gone.

6. Brandon

Brandon This is important work.

Well, I think the colors are still there in essence. Granted Prime probably won't be walking around looking like a flag like he was in the cartoon, but those colors are still going to be there. He's still red, white(probably more silverish but close enought), and blue.

7. WWMEGATRON

It wasn't my intencion to jab'bout politics and the flag. Iwas only trying to express my non-political point of view. So sorry if I didn't express in a more define matter. So who knows ?!! Lets wait and see what's the results.

8. flamepanther

flamepanther Interested, but not really

Optimus Prime is red, blue, and SILVER. The American flag has no silver in it. Also, Prime has not always been those colors since then. G2 saw Prime in red, purple, and silver (G1 mold), white, red, orange, and blue (hero), and red, black, gray, and blue (laser). If you want to count the various Convoys and Primals, it gets even more varied. Finally, the new movie Optimus appears to be red, blue, and silver, which are his original G1 colors despite the flame pattern.

9. Team Jetfire

Team Jetfire Pop-POP!

News Credits:
    Uhhh, I suggest you all look a little further than the good old US of A.

Other countries with Red, while and blue flags,

Republic of CROATIA, CZECH REPUBLIC, FRANCE, ICELAND, LUXEMBOURG, NETHERLANDS and Great Britain.

Now if Prime had the USA flag painted on him, well that’s a different story…

10. flamepanther

flamepanther Interested, but not really

That's a very good point, but Prime isn't even red white and blue to begin with.

11. Team Jetfire

Team Jetfire Pop-POP!

News Credits:
    «Yeah, I was going to mention that your other post just about squashed the whole idea behind the Red, White and blue thing. The flag thing was my first reaction to the thread...

12. Razorclaw

Razorclaw Are ya gonna draw pistols

There's also Russia, Serbia, Montenegro, Macedonia, Australia etc.

13. NIDARAM12

NIDARAM12 Robot art guy

News Credits:
    lol im sure enough activist groups are going to find SOME way to bitch about this movie AFTER its out, so lets hold off just yet :)  Although what would it matter if an Autobot is actually sporting an American flag anyways? Im sure most of the movie is going to take place in America, I doubt Prime will even touch foot in Iraq... And if they are teaming up with the US Army then what better way to show a partnership with your new alien buddies than to wear their colors?

I mean, its an American movie, about an American toyline, featuring American vehicles. Current negative connotations about being all "Ooh rah go USA!" aside, I dunno it wouldnt really bug me that much if the President was like "Now you're one of us, Prime" and slaps a flag onto Primes truck.

14. OmegaVPrimus

OmegaVPrimus Well-Known Member

Um, Well I think prime has nothing to do with old glory or any other countrie for that matter, but If you realy want to suggest something Id say he resemble's american freedom.

15. Dolza_Khyron

Dolza_Khyron Well-Known Member

cuba too, isn't it?

16. Taker

Taker Chilean TF Fan

And Chile ^^

17. rayray40

rayray40 Member

I really like Prime, as for His colors they really look cool in His robot form. I am so psyched for this movie.