Is The Transformers Movie Guide Worth Getting?

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by SKowl, Jan 20, 2008.

1. SKowl

SKowl Rubber Golem

I'm thinking of picking up the Transformers Movie Guide, but I have no idea what is supposed to be in it. It sounds interesting enough, but some fans have spoken very poorly of it. What is there in terms of concept art, or CG models or general insight?

Would you recommend it? If so, why? If not, why not?

2. flamingunicron

flamingunicron Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    its just cgi of the characters and "bonus facts" about the character such as weapons, characteristics. And its not even all the characters. Theres no concept art and some of the descriptions aren't the greatest, or accurate, or complete...so id pass on it, only get it if your a die hard completest or interested in background that isnt really important

3. Lord Of Tetris

Lord Of Tetris Well-Known Member

I've flipped through it at the store. It's not like "The Art of Spirited Away" or "The Art of Return of the Jedi." The Transformers guide looks like it's aimed at children.

The descriptions are brief, big-font one-paragraph ambiguities. They point at random parts of each character and give them random names. For example, it might point at Prime's left window and call it an "energy absorber device" or something.

It even leaves out characters. I don't recall Ironhide or Scorponok in this book.

Just about the only positive is some high-resolution pictures of the same old pictures we've been seeing since before the movie came out. It even uses the old Megatron head.

4. KA

KA PENIS GOES WHERE?!!

News Credits:
    have you seen other DK guide books? its like that, but with less stuff.