Is the Transformers Movie game co-op?

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Ultra Shagnus, Jul 16, 2007.

1. Ultra Shagnus

Ultra Shagnus Member

This may have been answered already but does anyone know if the new Transformers Movie game has a co-op play?

2. Joe Moore

Joe Moore Is Not Jim... Administrator

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    It does not. The console versions are single player only. The handhelds offer head-to-head play.

3. Ultra Shagnus

Ultra Shagnus Member

That's a pity!!

Thanks!!

4. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Big time. Not only does the game need Co-op, but it seems that, more than any other licence product, that Transformers would lend itself incredibly to a multiplayer combat game. Instead of getting on the vehicle (ala Halo and UT) you become the vehicle. Twisted Metal meets... well.. transformers.

edit: I want a poster to your Sig, Joe :D 

5. Voiceroy

Voiceroy Trans-fo-mahs!

News Credits:
    Only if you take turns exchanging the controller with your friend on the console versions.

Maybe by the time the sequel hits theaters, they'll get it right and finally give TF fans and gamers a TF game that's really fun to play both single and multi-player.

6. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    It would be nice if they just came up with a non-movie related game and took their time and added all the goodies that would push it over the top. The Armada game was great, and more characters and multiplayer would have made it even better.

7. Noisemaze2006

Noisemaze2006 Banned

Totally agree!

(Hey! My fricken avatar is back!!! Sweet!)

8. Voiceroy

Voiceroy Trans-fo-mahs!

News Credits:
    I found the Armada game controls and gameplay too frustrating to call it "great". "Fun"? Definitely, but it wasn't "great" to me at all. I got sick of the repetition, and the over-the-top rag doll physics wasted my time... every time my character took a hard hit or there was recoil from an explosion, I had to wait 5 minutes for my character to hit the ground so I could restart. It was freaking annoying.

But what I found most frustrating was Prime's weakness. He was barely more powerful than the other two Autobots, and they could've easily configured the game so he could combine with more than 4 minicons.

Halfway through, I was so fed up with the time-wasting rag doll physics and lack of better weapon and defensive upgrades that I ended up using the invincibility cheat to get through the rest of the game.

I also wanted to play as the Decepticons, along with the rest of TF fandom.

It could've been a great game if Atari had allowed TF fans and gamers to test the game in advance and offer feedback.

I haven't played the new game yet because it wasn't released for my XBOX, and I don't have the money right now to buy a PS2 so I can play it.

9. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I never found the controls frustrating, though getting knocked to kingdom come was annoying.

The controls were appropriate for a giant robot, and I found them as responsive as something like Mechassault or Armored Core (probably better than the latter).

10. Trenner Dios

Trenner Dios Humility > Huge Ego

Armada was a great challenge. It was actually hard in a fun way, because you were almost like an Autobot guerrilla or commando, with all the odds against you. I took great pride in beating that game without cheating.