IS the takara version reissue ultra magnus rare?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by micah1199, Jun 4, 2010.

1. micah1199

micah1199 Well-Known Member

IS the takara version reissue ultra magnus rare? I ask this to fellow board members because I just got one for $110 after searching for him for two years on ebay. I always see plenty of the short stacked american ultra magnus reissues, but luckily i was just able to snag a misb box version of the takara reissue ultra magnus with the long stacks. Is he rare? It is odd to me that it took me so long to find and buy him on ebay while there are hundreds of the american version available.

2. PoweredConvoy

PoweredConvoy Randy of the Allspark

News Credits:
    He's rare in the fact he's a 10 year old reissue that wasn't reissued again. I'm sure he's popular too. Most people probably don't want the American version as much due to the extra long missiles and shorter stacks (though the stacks don't really bother me).

I got my Japanese one so many years ago it seems like forever now.

Randy

3. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Administrator News Staff

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    Yes, it's like Randy said. He came out back in 2000, so he's been out of circulation for a good long while.

He'd also have had a smaller production run. At the time, Transformers were not big sellers in Japan, and a lot of the reissues of the time were limited runs of around 3000 pieces or so. Magnus had a bigger run than that, but even so I doubt he got the same kind of a run that he might get if he were reissued tomorrow.

4. Computer5

Computer5 Well-Known Member

Yeah if encore continues, i want to co-sign the reissue of ultra magnus