Is the Reissue line dead?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Razorblaze, Oct 27, 2006.

1. Razorblaze

Razorblaze God of Thunder TFW2005 Supporter

I'm sorry if this has been already posted, or asked before. But I was just wondering what's up with the Takara G1 Reissue line. I'm not certain what was last, but the last one I remember getting was Blaster (Broadcast) & Steeljaw from the Collection series, and I don't recall seeing anymore reissues since then. I know Takara and Tomy merged. Does that have something to do with it?

Out of all the Transformer lines, the reissue line was one I really loved the most. If someone call tell me what's going on, I'd be glad to hear it, good, bad, or uncertain. Thanks.

2. Feralstorm

Feralstorm I ship Nick & Judy TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    This subject seems to crop up every few days.

Reissues appear to be on hold for the time being. I have no insight here, but my guess is they'll be back eventually, once Takara-Tomy figures out which toys they can do, and which ones will net the most return for their investment.

(Which probably means nothing but Convoys :)  )

3. Seeker

Seeker Time Lord

Ebay:
    Not quite, there will be a reissue of Soundwave out sooner or later. I think that will be the final one.

4. ambushbug74

ambushbug74 Stroke me, Stroke me! TFW2005 Supporter

The Soundwave reissue is gonna be a US release. I think he was refering to the Japanese Takara Bookstyle reissues.

5. Razorblaze

Razorblaze God of Thunder TFW2005 Supporter

Half right. I was also refering to the ones that were done with reproduced Vintage-style packaging. Much like the early reissues and the last one to be done that way was G2 Laser Prime (Battle Convoy).

I hope we see more reissues in the future, and I certainly hope their not "just Convoys".

6. flux convoy

flux convoy RIP Botcon.

Ebay:
    Man, is my wish list ever a long one.

7. Chaos Muffin

Chaos Muffin Misadventure Veteran

They'll probably sprinkle them out here and there 1 at a time since they seem to not do as well when they release waves of them. Gives them time to hype and get the word out on them a single figure at a time.

8. Prowl2000

Prowl2000 Keep it sealed TFW2005 Supporter

Ebay:
    He's dead Jim!