Is the reason distribution?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by bariprime, Nov 15, 2009.

1. bariprime

bariprime Elite Guard Commander

News Credits:
    I dont know if any other countries have this problem but last waves of Animated (Blurr, Waspinator, Wreck-Gar, Ultra Magnus...) and Universe 2.0 (Ratchet, Hot Shot, Vector Prime, Smokescreen...) did not show up in my country. The reason???

2. brr-icy

brr-icy G1 Collector

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    you are disturbed? the distribution is even bad here for certain figures ex. animated wreck-gar never made it here

3. Erector

Erector I ruined the Hall of Fame

News Credits:
    Disturbation is SRS BSNS.

It'll be the distribution for whichever Hasbro node does it in your area. We didn't get the last waves of Universe either, or last waves of Animated Voyagers.

4. Ratchet2007

Ratchet2007 Neither Here Nor There

News Credits:
    The UK gets it bad aswell

5. Optimus Sledge

Optimus Sledge Yar har fiddle di dee

Is disturbation when you're whacking off and someone knocks on the door?

Anyhoo, yes. It sucks to be a Transfan who doesn't live in America or Japan. We get regularly boned with poor distribution and inflated prices. Welcome to the wonderful world of guessing which toys will show up at some point for a reasonable price and which you should just import.

6. Dinobot Nuva

Dinobot Nuva Johnny 3 Tears Veteran

News Credits:
    Way to poke fun at someone using English as a second language guys. :inquisiti 

Some of those figures barely showed up in my area as well, I just ended up ordering online. That's always the best idea at the tail end of a line *looks at Legends Cosmos/Warpath/etc.*

7. Steevy Maximus

Steevy Maximus Movie Megs eats your soul

News Credits:
    In your case, probably a combination of factors:
    1. Local store stock- Stores won't put out new toys until the old ones sell. This is the most common reason areas "skip" waves or why some fans don't see some toys.

2. Distribution center stock: When those waves were shipped, your local distribution center may have simply not required additional figures, thus, not sent.

3. Being in another country, your Hasbro affiliate may have even decided NOT to even release some of those products, this is particularly true if the company is gearing for a big movie release.

A lot of those toys did not see great distribution even in the US as they were all released fairly late in the line, and many stores simply decided to wait until movie products to replenish stock

8. Omnius

Omnius Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Releases in many non-US territories can be a few months behind the US (as is the case here), and Hasbro often decide to skip the last wave of a given line as they want to launch the new toyline in line with the US.

9. thenatureboywoo

thenatureboywoo Veteran

News Credits:
    I live in the states, and I still had to order Wreck-Gar.

10. grimlock1972

grimlock1972 "No Mas" My Wallet

News Credits:
    where i live to the best of my knowledge we never got the Universe legends of course thats true of alot of places XD

11. Macross7

Macross7 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Even here in America, distribution of a line's last wave sucks. The store knows the line is ending and they put the bulk of thier order into new lines. Because of this, the final wave is under produced compared to the previous waves. Less product means less stores get that wave.

Really haven't seen it with Transformers that much but when I collected Star Wars, it was a pain to find last wave figures & they were always highly scalped because of it.

12. Evil_the_Nub

Evil_the_Nub Well-Known Member

Those Universe 2.0 legends were harder to find than a unicorn. I saw a Brawn once at K-mart, that was it.

13. jorod74

jorod74 Psycholagnist (Ret.)

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    The Universe Legends figures are real?
    Really?
    Never saw any TFU Legends in stores down here.

as for the other stuff, it was like trickle-down economics.
    it eventually gets here, and in small doses.

14. Soulmaster

Soulmaster Well-Known Member

hmm, well, here in Chile the ones didn't arrive (and yet) are:
    Animated Wreck-Gar and Animated Shockwave (in our neighbour country, Peru... both were in stores... but here no!)
    ROTF Voyagers wave 2-x (we just have the first wave of voyagers ...)
    Universe Legends Cosmos, wheelie... etc
    instead of that, here once we had lots of Animated Activators Dirge shelfwaming (yesterday I went to a store and there are still many of these), also we still have lots of Animated Blurr, Swindle, Bumblebee, etc...
    and animated Blackarachnia was shelfwarming for a very long time...
    what else...

15. Starscream NZ

Starscream NZ Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    New Zealand get's pretty awesome distribution for the most part. We get pretty much all stock of all lines although sometimes certain figures may be passed off (due to shipping waves we missed out on Cyb Evac). Unfortunately for Animated sales were too low so we never got to see Blurr/Swindle/Ultra Magnus etc on shelves, stores just wouldn't stock them.

However we did get decent amounts of the Universe legends including the elusive Wheelie/Cosmos/Rodimus/Brawn/Beachcomber waves - all gone now though from what i've seen. Skipped a few Universe Voyager figures but got Wave 1 and the wave with Inferno (which was the only wave that really mattered).

16. caecae22

caecae22 mere human

we didnt get a lot of animated and universe figs in aussie either.

17. Keroshino

Keroshino OOGA, OOGA, OOGA-CHAKA!!!

News Credits:
    I wanted Animated Wreck-Gar...but i never seen him in store:cry 

18. odeean

odeean Infiltrator

News Credits:
    Normally in Australia we get just about everything. This time was an exception, the Fallen + Icecream Twins were not sold through the larger outlets. Its actually hard to believe that in a huge marketing push for a movie called Revenge Of The FALLEN that the FALLEN was not sold.

Fingers crossed for Arcee.

19. guard convoy

guard convoy The Big Daddy

News Credits:
    it was pretty alright finding most of the figures over here, except when it came to the legends (i had all THREE of the second wave of minibots in my hand and i passed them over for smokescreen, which would become the ONLY universe deluxe you could find.....man i was soooo dumb in that decision). i also had a hard time finding the ratchet/hot shot wave (only appeared in one wal-mart and they only had two ratchets when i got it). then there is the inferno/wreck-gar issue (ugh i will hate you forever for this hasbro, i will). i have yet to get a replacement wreck-gar, but luckily for the awesomeness that is Allen, Tx's toys r us (go runamuck's workplace whoo) i got me a new inferno.

and don't get me started on the masterpiece seekers......

20. bariprime

bariprime Elite Guard Commander

News Credits:
    Well, the funny thing is we got Legends (Rodimus, Brawn) and Activators (Dirge, Cliffy) but no Deluxes/Voyagers!!! Btw on misspelling, everyone can do mistakes when its past midnight.