Is the movie verse the closet thing we'll get to a new G1?

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Sideswipe80, Apr 27, 2009.

1. Sideswipe80

Sideswipe80 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    What do you guys think?

2. Gingerchris

Gingerchris Telly-headed Tyrant

News Credits:
    I would say Animated was.

3. Nachtsider

Nachtsider Banned

News Credits:
    ^ That.

4. chaddi_90

chaddi_90 Prime

News Credits:
    Animated FTW

5. ams

ams Generation All Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I'd say yes. All the G1 elements are there, and due to its visibility as a blockbuster, the public at large (many of which haven't thought about TFs since 1985) likely perceives the movieverse as the modern update/continuation of G1.

As fans, we realize that's not exactly right, but the movie certainly captured all the G1isms I personally wanted to see... and made it less silly.

6. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

I'd also say Animated.

I think we've heard enough times from the pro-side, anti-side, middle-side, and even the production team that the live action movies are not G1.

As to if we will ever get anything even closer to G1 than Animated is, well it's hard to know what the future might hold since all we know is that series change every so many years and the line seems to keep going on and on.

7. Sideswipe80

Sideswipe80 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I used to think Animated was close to G1 but the more I look at the movieverse I think otherwise. For example, in Animated Prime is just the leader if a small band of bots and really is a nobody. Movie Prime is much closer to G1 (not only does he have his voice) but he's the leader of All Autobots. Sam is the closet thing we've had to Spike since the DW comics. Don't get me wrong, I like Animated but the movie just seems closer to me. Heck we even have Constructicons that form Devastor and Jetfire who is a scientist.

8. Ethereal

Ethereal A Sad Flareon

*shrug*

G1 is G1
    Movieverse is Movieverse
    Animated is Animated

They'll have homages to the other lines but in all honesty, you should take them all for what it is: a reboot in a new continuity. Names and faces may be similar, but its just an all new experience in the end.

9. ams

ams Generation All Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I agree.

I think Animated gets the "G1 reborn" nod from many folks because it's the first non-dubbed vehicle-based Transformers show since G1. Fair enough, and I can see why people see it that way.

For me, the movieverse is the G1 Transformers story grown up, in much the same way I perceive Binaltech/Alternators as the G1 toys grown up.

Frankly, I don't think either perspective is inherently "wrong", though.

10. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    This.

I love both the movie and Animated, but Animated is ten times more G1 inspired than Movie, which is it's own series.

11. vektsilver

vektsilver Transorganic member

animated is by far and away the G1 reborn winner.

The movie doesnt really get the nod here ( shocker ) I think most people thought the movie was a bionicle continuity instead of transformers lol .

seriously..... no im kidding .... but seriously they do :) 

12. kjeevahh

kjeevahh n/a

News Credits:
    animated seems far closer to me

13. Optimus1986

Optimus1986 TMNT & Hulk Fanatic

This.

14. knoted

knoted Resistor Transistor

News Credits:
    The thing which the movie verse does have in common with season 1 & 2 G1. are the 'realistic' altmodes.

Even if Animated mirrors G1 as a story/character driven medium better than movie verse.

So, basically, movie verse goes along the lines of the G1 toyline and then executes it 10 times better in terms of engineering/articulation. Albeit, not taking into account, G1's nice rubber wheels, partially die cast parts and chromed plastic. Of course, Henkei Classics is even more true to the G1 toyline. Movie verse, has it's own aesthetic to it, which some love or loath.

15. Eastsider4eva

Eastsider4eva Well-Known Member

The way i see it is bay had a concept in the first TF movie and he added what he thought would make the series better. so no the first movie i wouldnt say is like G1
    But i think bay has seen the light and is reading what ppl want on the internet and thats why ROTF will have sooo many more robots from G1

So to sum it up No the movies arnt like G1......for one G1 didnt have autobots being ripped in half or even dying. (except for movie)

16. PyroniusRex

PyroniusRex Banned

News Credits:
    Other than the actual characters and aspect, the only thing G1 and Bay-verse have in common was those lines they took from the original movie.

17. PB379

PB379 Autobot

While it isn't exactly G1, I would have to say it is the closest series to G1.

18. ginrai

ginrai lost with no way home.

Is it the closest we could get? No, Is it the closest we have gotten so far? No.

Nothing that is likely to make hasbro money is likely to be what I consider a " Good " transformers show.., and nothing that would make me happy would probably make hasbro money, so we are at an impasse.

so i'm just going to continue to enjoy the old stuff, and laugh at the new stuff while saving my money..