is the japan transformers prime figues (mincrons) worth buying?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by tfprime32, Apr 4, 2012.

?

1. no

43.2%
  2. yes

18.9%
  3. maybe

24.3%
  4. i dont care

13.5%
  1. tfprime32

tfprime32 Banned

News Credits:
    like the am-01 megatron( sorry if thats nots the rights toy).

2. cleazer

cleazer Lost in the lights

News Credits:
    Dude. If you think they're worth it, buy them. If you don't think they're worth the extra price, don't buy them. Is it really that hard to figure out?

3. Thalack

Thalack Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yes. He wants us to make the decision for him so then if he thinks they weren't worth it, he can blame the fandom for recommening them. Just another way to get fault off ones self and onto another.

4. rattraprules98

rattraprules98 AKA Chr0nus

News Credits:
    I put no... unless it's Skywarp. He looks seven different shades and five different scents of sexy!

5. bny888

bny888 バグバイト

News Credits:
    I voted "yes" since I like the Micron gimmick.

6. firehawc_69

firehawc_69 cloppers = ignore list

News Credits:
    Nope. I don't care for the microns gimmick, so I sure as hell won't pay import prices for them + less paint ops + crappy stickers.

Easy, easy pass.

I agree it might be worth non-US figs like Skywarp though, but I'm on the fence with him until/if he shows up in the show. I'm a sucker for the Seekers.

7. QmTablit

QmTablit Disguise: Check. Robot...

Usually I'd be the first to jump on the Takara bandwagon, even if it seems to be a small bandwagon at times.

This isn't one of those times though. I'll stick with Hasbro on this one.

8. Coconut

Coconut Well-Known Member

The only thing the Takara RID line has going for it is the Minicons if your into that kibda thing. Paint is inferior, stickers are undesirable and the sculpts are ruined a bit by the Minicons ports.

9. Stepper

Stepper Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    If only they have painted those parts instead of with stickers.

10. Grimwing

Grimwing Scientist Supreme

News Credits:
    I have a case of ten gashapon microns on preorder.

And if the other microns find another venue outside of the deluxes to be released. I'll pick those up as well.
    Because their all awesome. And I want to combine them together. But the current pricepoint of $37.99 a deluxe on bbts is a little high stakes for these things. Their cool in the way they reference other transformers chracters like Megatrons Micron lugnut gun. Its not like I'm importing binaltechs and alternity. The tier of that these microns sit on is kitchy coolness. But it won't impress your non-transformer friends as a display piece.

You don't even get the cool weapons the Hasbro versions come with. You just get the micron.

Also I'm under the impression that the real reason takara tomy is focused on stickers is so people will become so frustrated with applying bumblebees stripes and things that they will just become radicons and paint it up themselves. Pushing Transformers into the Gunpla modeler crowd.

Sticker sheets are kicking convenience to the curb.

Last edited: Apr 4, 2012
  11. slackerforhire

slackerforhire Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'm really happy with my Skywarp, but I don't think it's worth it unless it appears to be a non-US figure. I was planning on going all Takara with this series, but after the sticker-applying revelation, and lack of true paint apps, I changed my tune. I'd like to have the Microns, but when coupled with the stickers, the final package just isn't worth the higher price and shipping to me.

12. Lbsammills51

Lbsammills51 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    If you like minicons and don't want to wait and see if the partner microns get a US release or not, then yes I'd say get them because the ones with the deluxes, even after shipping, are cheaper than paying individually for some of the recently released exclusive minicons (the recent campaign Arms Micron exclusives go for roughly $50 or so on online retailers, roughly more or roughly less on eBay) and the partner microns with Voyager class figures like Optimus, after shipping, are roughly the same price anyways, so you'll be shelling out for (potentially) Japanese exclusive minicons with a "free" deluxe/voyager figure thrown in.

(I realize that's a bit of a rationalization there, but if you do collect minicons, paying $40-50 or more at a time for one small Transformer is something you get used to.)

If you don't care for the minicons, like them but don't care to pay $40-50+ for them, or just dislike the Arms Micron setup of the deluxes/voyagers so much (stickers, few paint aps, and not even all of the stickers some of them should have, like Ratchet) that you don't care what's included with them, then I say no don't bother and stick with the cheaper US releases and save money to spend on other stuff.

13. Noideaforaname

Noideaforaname Pico, let's go up to Zuma

News Credits:
    Personally, I don't think cool little Microns are worth the increased price, trade of paint for stickers, AND added ports that look terrible.

But I'm going to vote "yes" so you waste your money. :p 

14. Maetel

Maetel Well-Known Member

some of the micron kits look interesting, but not $39 with bland figure interesting, i have a box of the micron kits preordered and will just wait for future waves that include the microns currently exclusive to the figures.

15. Gilgamesh

Gilgamesh Mostly Harmless

News Credits:
    You're giving tfprime32 way too much credit.

16. Maetel

Maetel Well-Known Member

sigh, didn't notice who was the op, does he even read/response to his random flow of consciousness of the day post?

17. FatalT 71

FatalT 71 Mr. JazzHunter

News Credits:
    His parents will come after you if he wastes their money on your recommendation... :D 

18. Thalack

Thalack Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    ROFL. Good point!