Is the Generations line continuing in 2012?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Shockblast2, Dec 6, 2011.

1. Shockblast2

Shockblast2 Banned

If so is there any speculation to what figures will be included? Arcee or Trailbreaker, perhaps?

2. Star Saber

Star Saber Cybertron 5th Commander

News Credits:
    Hopefully.

The tweets by Botcon's twitter account allude that those characters are in Hasbro's pipeline as mainstream releases.

3. Ikkstakk

Ikkstakk Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The major lines for 2012 are going to be the Prime line and the Movie Trilogy line, as I understand it. Generations will probably remain as-is, a minor sub-line of Deluxe-only figures, most of whose molds could easily be cross-marketed in the Trilogy line (like Tracks/Wheeljack and Wreck-Gar/Junkheap were in RTS and Generations).

I personally don't expect to see more than a half-dozen new-mold toys designed in a recognizably Classics aesthetic to be sold in Generations packaging, stretched out over the entire year. I think the majority of new molds will be like Sea Spray, this amalgam of Classics and Movie styling that could fit into either.

4. Trailbreaker77

Trailbreaker77 Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YES

5. Shockblast2

Shockblast2 Banned

Isn't the movie line over with though? After Soundwave and Wheeljack are released? There is no info for anything beyond that. Currently, there are no plans for anything more under the commander class or voyager price points, and only 2 deluxes to go. BTW, Seaspray is full on movieverse in my OP.

6. Starfire22

Starfire22 Wall crawling menace!

News Credits:
    Yes but like the previous follow-up lines, they follow after the movie line has ended. (Nest, and hftd)

7. RedAlert Rescue

RedAlert Rescue Banned

News Credits:
    I'll be interested to see if Hasbro slant it towards the Movie Universe or towards things other than that (Like Universe) or as well as that (Reveal the Shield).

I'm sure a lot of people would argue that the Movie line has been such a damp squib with DOTM that it might actually resolves some of the consumer apathy if they knocked it on the head for a while.

But we have already been lead to expect : Repaint Soundwave, Repaint Wheeljack/Que, Buzzsaw and one or two others...

But I can't say it's easy getting excited about them personally.

8. Starfire22

News Credits:
    I'm just hoping that that skyhammer repaint (into a con) comes out in the movie trilogy line.

9. Shockblast2

Shockblast2 Banned

Either or it will still be a movieverse fig to me. I think it is funny that Hasbro tires to pass off movie molds as CHUG figures. Like Fallback and Mindset. One can easily distinguish between an movieverse and classics mold.

I thought the prime line was to replace the Gen line and then a new classics line would be launched after the movie figures pass away?

10. Starfire22

News Credits:
    If I recall correctly, back when HFTD was around, there 2 other lines along with it. (Generations and PCC)

If we had 3 lines that time, why can't we have 3 in 2012?

11. FanimusMaximus

FanimusMaximus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    If it does, I will be shocked if we get more then 8 figures for the entire year.

12. Ikkstakk

Ikkstakk Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'm still not sure the DOTM line is really ending in December. What with the delays, I think it could carry over into the first quarter of 2012. I expect the Movie Trilogy line to start no later than April and ship heavily through the end of September, if not even later. If the next Classics line isn't set to start until the Trilogy line is done, then we have a long time to wait.

13. Alucard77

Alucard77 Kaon Gladiator Champion

News Credits:
    Wouldn't we have seen some announcements by now if it was? Hopefully botcon, but that means, it won't be till April and beyond that we see any.

Collecting Classics seems harder and harder now a days.

14. PlanckEpoch

PlanckEpoch Just a regular old plumbus

News Credits:
    We've heard a lot of things and at this point, I'm not holding my breath. If new Generations or whatever the next Classics line is called comes out in 2012, I'll be happy. If not...I get to save my money for the entire year pretty much as there's nothing I'll want in retail as far as Transformers go. I'll just wait until Botcon or NYTF to see if there's any solid announcements.

15. lars573

lars573 Well-Known Member

Other way round. Hasbro put classic-y styled figures in a movie line.

Well technically Hasbro only had 1 line. PCC and Generations were sub-lines of the main yellow box line.

16. Zildjian

Zildjian Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    How about at Toy Fair in Feb..... a MUCH better bet to get updated info.

17. Shockblast2

Shockblast2 Banned

What is the Troilogy line? Don't tell me they are going to relaunch that stuff. What is the point? Is there not enough deluxes for $5 of this stuff floating around here and ebay?

18. Foster

Foster Super Mod

News Credits:
    I was just about to post this. Patience prevails.

I wouldn't be surprised if the current Generations wave is stocked up until the next shelf reset in the spring. (With the exception of the smalltime Walmarts that have discontinued Generations entirely, of course.)

19. PlanckEpoch

PlanckEpoch Just a regular old plumbus

News Credits:
    The Movie Trilogy line appears to be a general, catch-all Movie continuation line with themes from all three movies rather than being based just off 2007/ROTF/DOTM or whatever.

20. Stygian360

Stygian360 Well-Known Member

But as I see it, the original question still stands. Why go back to the well on movie figures that have been veeeeeery well traveled at this point? Go into any TRU right now and you'll see figures dating back to movie 2 (Arcee, Ravage, Sideswipe, etc.) that have seemingly appeared from the warehouse of nowhere and yet are clogging shelves right along the thousands of DOTM BB and Skids figures. In other words, I just don't see the need to revisit all 3 movies unless you're going to put a new spin on it somehow. If Hasbro does this and does so with pinache', well then, call me a liar. I'd happily eat crow if they are able to surprise us in a good way.