Is the full Reveal the Shield line going to make it stateside?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Hot Shot., Feb 19, 2011.

1. Kup-is-Dion

Kup-is-Dion Lord Cthulhu

It must be an Ohio thing. It's like that in the Cleveland area too.

2. The touch79

The touch79 Sparticon

I wonder if the reason hasbro hasn't released more of the new rts wave is because they are trying to modify/shave some of the plastic on perceptor in order to make it a better/easier transformation for consumers. I have heard that some of perceptor's plastic stresses real easy when transforming it.

3. G1_Cindersaur

G1_Cindersaur Banned

News Credits:
    i saw only one BIS set at the target near my house...it went home with me :) 

and i have only seen two yellow box voyagers get stocked in 2 months...a Night whatever ratchet repaint from the movie voyager mold and a yellow box voyager optimus....no other new voyagers...even the PCC sets have not been restocked...

there have been a few generations or RTS deluxes restocked going on...there are a few G2 primes or bb's out...nothing epic at all...the TF section looks like it got carpet bombed by waves of [​IMG] planes...

4. TechNoMad

TechNoMad Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    That is kinda interesting but I would imagine that Perceptor is already out of production. Or at least the one that everyone is seeing in the stores. I am just guessing but I would assume that their production runs also called Batches or Lots for a current model are made and then sampled for QC issues while in production. If your QC sample scores well enough you let the rest go out for distro. Has anybody ever thought to see if there was way to tell a difference of models , between runs, like a stamp or something on the same character mold?

Also got the same issues here down in Nueva Mexico too. I am really beginning to think that DinoPope is a myth. I mean what what was the alleged release date November, right?

5. Switchblade

Switchblade Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Don't forget, guys, it's only February. We still have three months until DotM launches and stores are still in their post-Christmas funk. Not a lot of merchandise is moving and therefore very little is getting stocked. This happens every year, although admittedly usually not to the extent where entire retailers haven't gotten a new line in yet. On the upside, Easter season is approaching and there are going to be a lot of little boys' Easter baskets that need filling with new toys. We should get some more stock moving for that. I, for one, am not inclined to panic until April rolls around and all Wal-Mart has is still Tuner Mudflap and Seaspray.

6. The touch79

The touch79 Sparticon

True. I remember back in 2007 when star wars released their commemorative 30th anniversary line figures the expected date of release was January and I didn't start seeing them until March in low quantities. I feel the Christmas hangover is still the main reason why we are feeling dry for rts.

7. TFXProtector

TFXProtector TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    My local K-Mart is completely bare, except for Electroshock (or static, I can't remember, it's such a stupid name) Jolt, ROTF Brawn, Generations Soundwave, and one each of the repaint PCC sets. (Repaints of the wave one figures, that is.)

I asked an employee to scan one of them and she said "None in the back, none on order, and we can't order from the warehouse. It says that it's currently unavailable."

So, for those of you thinking they have 'em in the back, don't hold your breath. They don't.

This drought is just as bad as the first movie back in '07, but perhaps even a bit worse. You'd find an occasional posting about how Kohl's had the Concept Camaro Bumblebee case and so on.

Most people aren't even seeing that much of RtS and Generations. I can't figure out why, but it's driving me nuts.

How hard is it to just put the damn figures out? Seriously...

8. lars573

lars573 Well-Known Member

The only flaw in this is the fact that DOTM will be replacing RTS.

9. G1_Cindersaur

G1_Cindersaur Banned

News Credits:
    unless the corporations(walmart, target, TRU,etc) are doubting that hasbro will be able to keep movie product stocked and are holding back current stock in their distribution areas to avoid a product drought like the first movie caused...they can always throw old ROTF, RTS, and GENERATIONS stock out along with the Movie toys and buyers could care less...

10. ZacharyBinx

ZacharyBinx Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    I'm not too worried about it.

I just keep an eye out on HTS for new stuff, and order the essentials (Kup, Perceptor, etc). The ones I'm not dying to get my hands on (g2 Optimus, RTS 'Bee) are left for "impulse buys" in stores if/when I see them.

11. Lbsammills51

Lbsammills51 Known Member?

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    The only weird thing I've noticed in stores around here (Walmarts, TRUs, Targets) is a lot of the Voyagers don't seem to get restocked. I only saw Battle Blades Prime once and Banzai-Tron twice and never saw Highbrow or The Fallen. The Walmart near me hasn't even bothered restocking the Seaspray/Payload/Ratchet wave...it's just empty shelf space occupied by a few Power Core Combiners, a Human Alliance toy and a Battle in Space set. So unless all Voyagers are being bought practically as soon as they're put on shelves, they're just not bothering to put Voyagers out there. Target has a few Voyagers but it's sparse and TRU has a decent amount, but most of the shelf space is reserved for some of their exclusives that are still sitting there (G1 Legends Devastator, Warriors from Three Worlds, etc.).

12. IceConvoy

IceConvoy Jikuu Keiji

News Credits:
    I've been a little concerned that the Voyagers have been listed as "status X" in the TRU computers for well over a month. More so now that, last I checked, they had no spot when they recently reset the TF aisle.

13. Deathx360

Deathx360 Farewell Dear Friend

News Credits:
    This reminds me of this time last year when we weren't seeing much either and some people having problems finding figures like Skystalker and HA Barricade. I just hope we don't have a problem like the last wave of N.E.S.T. and HA Mudflap.

It seems like distribution has been horrible since that time really. Everything seemed to hit at the same time and some waves have still been scarce like the last wave of HFTD and to an extent wave 3 as well as the wave 4 PCC 5-packs.

I do agree that we will get them eventually since the North American market is such a large part of Hasbro's sales. The question is in what quantities will we see them in? We still have until the end of May or whenever DOTM figures come out.

I hope you mean the Spring reset since the Summer reset will be DOTM.

14. brr-icy

brr-icy MP Collector

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    yes
    have you looked on cybertron.ca recently? scouts we've had windcharger's wave, legends wave 1, voyagers wave 1, and deluxe wave 2 (not wave 1) all released

15. Orodruin

Orodruin @deathformer TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    It's not due to the street, that I'm sure of. The street date for DotM toys is May 16th, that's just under 3 months from now. Stores won't get them (or hear about the street date) till 2-3 weeks beforehand.

For Generations, I think it's a post-xmas glut. My Target got 5 cases of the Cliffjumper wave and we're still choking on Skullgrins (like most places I've seen). We just haven't gotten any RTS in and we're sitting on a half dozen Sea Attack Ravages.

16. wildfly

wildfly Fermenting pork tube.

News Credits:
    Aside from the fact Mudflap was almost a no-show at U.S. retail (?)
    ...i'm getting the impression it's worse this year.

And not just in the US, RTS seems to be in relatively short supply in Asia too.

Anyone?

17. odeean

odeean Infiltrator

News Credits:
    I am also worried about this. My BBTS order for Grapel and Lugnut has been pushed back 2 months now and I am starting to consider ebay.

18. wildfly

News Credits:
    I thought they came in, sold out, and they're expecting more.

No?

19. odeean

odeean Infiltrator

News Credits:
    I don't think so. My pre-orders were in on the day it was listed so I should have got it. I think the only voyager they got was deepdive.

20. wildfly

News Credits:
    Great. I Pre-ordered the Stafe/Grapple/Lugnut wave the other day thinking it was a restock. :-(