Is the full ending available for DOTM?

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Spongezilla, Feb 16, 2012.

1. Spongezilla

Spongezilla Well-Known Member

I noticed when I watched the DOTM DVD the film ended with Optimus saying
    "We will never forsake this planet and it's people" while the one I saw in theaters ended with "For I am Optimus Prime, and I send this message to the universe: We are here. We are home."

Now I heard that the 2D version in theaters didn't have the full ending speech either, but I just got the Blu-Ray 3D today and it's also missing the last line. What gives?

Sorry if this has been brought up before, I did a search but didn't find anything.

2. eagc7

eagc7 TF Movieverse fan

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Tumblr:
    its cause NO release have that final line (Even international dubs in both cinemas and Home release)

3. Spongezilla

Well that's a bit of a burden. Anyone ever ask Micheal Bay why? Or whoever puts the stuff on home video.

4. eagc7

eagc7 TF Movieverse fan

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Tumblr:
    According to everyone who saw the movie in the cinemas they siad Optimsu never Said the final line when they saw it

5. Ephland

Ephland Let's Go Rangers

News Credits:
    It was discussed shortly after the movie's release. Not to be rude, but you're misremembering. That line was never included in any release of the film, because it was never shot. It doesn't exist.

6. Spongezilla

Really? But I'm so sure he said "I am Optimus Prime..."
    Plus I remember a topic, not here but on another forum, with people claiming they heard it only in 3D showings.

Perhaps I am misremembering. Ah well, I'll get it straighten up eventually.

7. Dinobot747

Dinobot747 Chopperface

News Credits:
    You mean you remember hearing that last bit too? Whew, I was beginning to think I was the only one who heard it. It's weird, I'm almost certain I heard it, but... I dunno.

8. ThisGuy

ThisGuy True Leader

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I could swear I remember hearing that too, but I can't remember to well since it's been a long time

9. T4mercustomz

T4mercustomz I LIVE

News Credits:
    I remember hearing him say it too on opening night but I was saying WTF when I saw it again the next week in a different theater

10. ThinkTank Customs

ThinkTank Customs TFW2005-Citizen

News Credits:
    You all read da book? If so, there was the line, nowhere else

11. uruseiranma

uruseiranma Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Just because it's in a book, doesn't make it actual movie dialogue. Like the dialogue in the first TF movie novel where after Sam tells Mikaela to put a seatbelt on the Allspark, he says they just sounded like parents talking about a child.

Or another spaz attack by Glen that Simmons has ruined his phone and is gonna get him a new one.

Reminds me of when I read the novelization of 'Back to the Future Part II' before the film came out. There's a scene after Marty starts questioning Doc about his future, and Doc exasperatedly says that maybe they should forget the whole plan and take Marty and Jennifer back to 1985, causing Marty to apologize to Doc.

12. Spongezilla

I never read the book for it.

I was kind of ticked off in the theater and was wanting the film to hurry up and finish, so maybe I was just hearing things. But the line "We Are Home" just seems so faintly familiar because I remember thinking how Cybertron was gone so Earth is their home now on the way out of the theater. It seemed right to be there.

13. MV95

MV95 @marlinfan1995 Veteran

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    I think all of you were so hyped up on the final battle that you heard something that wasn't there lol.

14. Shizuka

Shizuka Optimus Prime's Scriptor

News Credits:
    Oh God you guys are making me think that it was there and I don't know! I saw the 3D version and that line sounds familiar but I don't know if I'm actually remembering it or thinking that I remember!

15. Ephland

Ephland Let's Go Rangers

News Credits:
    There is only 1 version of the film. The line "We are here, we are home" was not in it. People are simply misremembering.

Back when the movie was a few weeks past release, there was a debate on here about some sort of mysterious mechanical roar that supposedly took place at the very end of the credits. Problem was, some people said "there definitely was a mechanical roar." Other people said "there definitely was mechanical breathing." One guy even said "I remember being startled by a sound, but I don't remember what the sound was." And of course, there were those who said "I heard absolutely nothing." I think at some point there were six different versions of what people heard.

Point is: people remember things wrong. There was no mystery sound. There was nothing beyond the end of whatever song was playing. And there's no "we are here, we are home" line either. Never was.

EDIT: There are several lines of difference between the novel and the movie.

16. Bluebe6

Bluebe6 Banned

News Credits:
    You must be mistaken, the "For I am Optimus Prime..." was never in the movie, it was in the novel.

17. lildevilchick

lildevilchick what the doctor ordered

I think the confusion here stems from the fact that the line sounds like it should be in the movie. I know without a doubt that the version I saw in theaters did not have that line, but I'm almost willing to believe that I thought I heard it, too, simply because it sounds like something that would be there. I can imagine Optimus saying it and in doing so, I almost feel like it was something I actually heard....if that makes any sense at all. :lol 

18. Hazekiah

Hazekiah Banned

News Credits:
    100% agreed...EXCEPT for the part about the sound at the end of the credits. There is indeed a 'bot sound at the end of the credits, but it's more than breathing and less than a roar. Something more along the lines of a transformers yawn, lol.

Are you saying that's how the song in the credits actually ends, though? I seem to remember someone making that point here before can't remember for sure, thanks.

19. Ephland

Ephland Let's Go Rangers

News Credits:
    There is no noise at the end of credits that is separate from the music being played. Whatever "bot sound" people are hearing is simply part of the song; it's even repeated over and over as part of the song's hook. There is no unique sound effect played at the end of this song that doesn't appear earlier in the song.

The song is the only thing played at the end of the credits. There is no breathing, yawning, etc. Paramount would not have tacked on multiple sound effects across random showings. Everyone saw the exact same movie. There are no alternate versions of Dark of the Moon.

20. Hazekiah

Hazekiah Banned

News Credits:
    Just to be CLEAR, there IS a "yawning/breathing/roaring/etc." sound at the end of the credits BUT it is simply a piece of the actual song and WAS NOT attached there as an end-of-credits bonus.

Got it, thanks.

:)