IS the encore line over?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by micah1199, Nov 2, 2009.

1. micah1199

micah1199 Well-Known Member

The cassettes set 3 comes out this month and we haven't heard of any new encore releases. They usually will tell us the next by now. Is it over folks?

Dave

2. Trippanator

Trippanator Autobot

Ebay:
    No, I do not believe it is over or near a conclusion

3. Rhapsody_Prime

Rhapsody_Prime ...such Heroic Nonsence.

I would say with such a good thing going for them, that no, it is not over. However, like you, I cannot find any info on the next release.

End of Line

4. micah1199

micah1199 Well-Known Member

I really hope it is not over!

5. DeathStorm

DeathStorm Snoochie Boochies

News Credits:
    Every time a new toy hasn't been announced in the same month that a "final" Encore fig gets released we get these threads. Is it over? Is it done? Why haven't they announced anything? (http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/transformers-toy-discussion/242152-encore-series-anything-new.html, http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/transformers-toy-discussion/231539-encore-reissue-line-finished.html, http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/transformers-toy-discussion/181310-when-will-encores-stop.html)

You'd think people would get the idea by now - it's not over just because a new toy hasn't been announced. Nothing in the past two years has been "normal" with Encore. Figures are released late, new ones aren't announced in a reasonable timeframe, prices change, etc. It's just how Takara is operating and it's definately not indicative of the future of the line.

Last edited: Nov 3, 2009
  6. Tell_Story

Tell_Story Well-Known Member

How can a line that is called "Encore" not have an encore? How many encores have there been? That's right! countless! Many, many, many! So how can you ask, "Did it stop?" This line ticks to the tock like a finely tune clock my friend! GET IT!

7. Thundershot

Thundershot The guy with 28 Sweeps

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I'm still hoping for two more cassette packs and maybe something that was never released in the states. (though technically if we got the dino cassettes they'd count)

8. bigkid24

bigkid24 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I think the third encore set comes out in December. Seeing as how toys are solicited months in advance and there has been an encore figure solicit....I would say it's definitely slowing down.

9. soundwaveCA

soundwaveCA Veteran

News Credits:
    Considering both Hasbro and Takara have been steadily keeping up with reissues since like 2000-01 I dont see them stopping anytime soon. Just because there not churning out a ton of them all the time does not mean they wont keep coming.

10. Janitor

Janitor Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Oh DeathStorm, bringing that logic of yours! This is the internet, there's no place for that here :tongue: . These boards would be a barren wastleland without new threads asking who'll get the Masterpiece treatment next, what new Universe 3.0 stuff do we all really really want, or why isn't my order from _______.com here yet.

I guess it's the combination of impatience, speculation and wishful thinking that drives a large part of the fandom (and this forum)

As far as the future of Encore, I think it still has some life to it. There's not a real set schedule for each release, and most of the characters who appeared in the Bay movies have been Encored. So fingers crossed for Sideswipe, Devastator and Scorponok!

11. Hound & Mirage

Hound & Mirage Rapscallion

Encore Blaster please.

12. Empir3

Empir3 Bedstructicon Empir3

I think its still going and maybe the delay in info is because they really want the next one to be great! (fingers crossed lol)

13. Magnus' Mate

Magnus' Mate Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Um, how many of you were around this time last year? Remember? Metroplex (#12) was released and then no news for a while... and so came in all the doom & gloomers predicting the end of the line. Suddenly, December/January arrives and we get Trailbreaker and Hoist and then the busiest line (in terms of number of releases) yet for Encore. So no, I am sure it's not over.

I hope they start reissuing something besides cassette packs though. Not that I don't like 'em, but they're priced pretty high in comparison with other Encore releases. I'd like to see them branch out into post-1985 territory with some figures like Blurr, Springer, Cyclonus & Scourge etc.

Failing that, re-re-release Astrotrain and Blitzwing please...

14. T-money

T-money Cake is good

News Credits:
    I, too, would like to see something other than cassette packs.

15. CowColor

CowColor Get Money™

I want to see more encore combiners. Dev or even Predaking.

16. menasor73ct

menasor73ct Well-Known Member

Facebook:
    another factor is that japan just had a huge political shake-up,the first true one since the second world war.in a top heavy government like japan,this can have a affect on all factors of life,including takara/tomy.