Is the DLC still worth buying?

Discussion in 'Transformers Video Game Discussion' started by Fonecrusher, Dec 30, 2010.

1. Fonecrusher

Fonecrusher Megatron wants YOU

I've actually had the game since launch on PS3 but after I beat the campaigns I stopped playing for awhile, and just recently I picked it up again. But it seems like the community has had a huge drop in numbers (guess it's to be expected after awhile) there was like 4-5k at peak when I left, now it seems like the most players you will find is like 800-900 at max? So I'm just wondering do a lot of players now still have the DLC packs? The new characters look great, but I'm worried about shelling out $16 Aussie dollars and never being able to find a game on the new maps... I'm primarly concerned with Escalation by the way.

2. FatalT 71

FatalT 71 Mr. JazzHunter

News Credits:
    Well on the Xbox side, I never have trouble finding a game of Escalation. If you like the new characters, go for it. Jazz and Deadend are great fun to play with.

3. Jadryx

Jadryx Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'm considering buying the second DLC pack. Currently the Xbox marketplace has a sale on both packs - 50% off! I already have the first one but didn't think I would get the second one since the online community has shrunk quite a bit and I wasn't sure how much I would get to use it. I haven't played in a while either......hmmmmm.....decisions, decisions!

4. RGZ Archer

RGZ Archer Well-Known Member

Well if it helps any, the DLC characters also come with DLC maps, so your increasing your chances to find matchs online.

DLC pack #1 comes with Jazz, Demolisher and Shockwave, each of which are very effective in their own way. I use Jazz's body for my scout build in multiplayer because when he transforms he does a cartwheel and backflip, so its a natural evasion technique you can spam when fighting people who use heavy grade weapons, its worked pretty well for me so far. Shockwave is a melee monster in Escalation, and Demolisher is the only Decepticon with a team damage buff (ammo beacon). Then you have Scattershot and Onslaught, the two toughest characters in the game, both can take a major hammering and both have devastating melee attacks, not to mention Omega missile for one of the special abilities.

DLC pack #2 you get Deadend, a cloaker with sentry turret who also happens to be pretty tough, and Zeta Prime, the only character in the game with two damage buffs (that can be stacked). Honestly I'm an exclusive Zeta Prime player for Autobot maps at this point, he' fast, tough, and very very useful all around, a must have for a team to make it into the high number waves.