Is the Cybertron cartoon also so horrible?

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by LadyStarscream, Jan 3, 2007.

1. LadyStarscream

LadyStarscream Queen of Cybertron

The title of this thread should be Is the Cybertron cartoon ALWAYS so horrible, not ALSO, I really need to type slower.

I've seen bits and parts here and there, and watched the episodes included in some of the toy packs at Walmart, but the show I caught this morning made my head hurt, all day! The episode was called Scourge, so I was excited, love the dragon, love the toy, but wow, it was horrible. I dont know what was worse the fact that Metroplex called someone a wee laddie, or the fact that Scourge was taking lessons from that kid who sounds like a retarded peanuts character. Or maybe it's the fact that the minicons still dont talk, or maybe it's because Jolt does talk, eh. Oh I know what it was, it was that Scattershot sounds like Larry the Cable Guy! And why is Scourge afraid of a teenage girl?

The whole ordeal made me sad. Thoughts?

2. ILoveDinobot

ILoveDinobot Arise Rodimus Prime

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    I loved this show. Some episodes were really stupid, you just happend to catch one.

3. flamepanther

flamepanther Interested, but not really

I like it a lot better in Japanese

4. Triformis

Triformis Insecticon Fanatic TFW2005 Supporter

I fear all non-G1 TF shows (and, yeah, those were bad too, admittedly, but I've got magic rose-colored glasses, see). The less I see, the better. And before anyone mentions BW, let me also throw in that I am a non-card-carrying member of the "Trukk" army.

5. LadyStarscream

Yeah there were some stupid G1 episodes too, but they don't bother me, maybe because there werent so many mindless annoying generic anime kids.
    I liked Spike and Sparkplug, atleast they were useful human characters.

The best thing about the original Beast Wars series is NO HUMANS!
    That makes me happy.

6. Single Elegant Machine

Single Elegant Machine Purity and order.

Beast Wars had humans. Proto humans, but humans nonetheless. They were annoying, but not as annoying as the anime kids.

It was Beast Machines that had no humans whatsoever.

Personally I can't stand listening to the Japanese voices, they give me a headache. Even though I've never seen the Japanese version, I don't think the story/premise could have changed too much between the dub.

7. LadyStarscream

I only remember that one episode where Dinobot dies, I've only watched that one once, but that's the only time I remember human type characters showing up?

8. Switchblade

Switchblade Just a raggedy man

News Credits:
    I never saw the end of Cybertron, but I did see the entirety of Galaxy Force, and it is easily the best of the post-Beast era Japanese shows (can't speak for Japanese G1 stuff). The overuse of silly accents in the dub was a bad decision on the studio's part, but they actually did a decent job of translating it (as opposed to the error-filled and often self-contradictory Energon dub).

If nothing else, it had the best Starscream to date.

9. jet convoy

jet convoy Beast Wars Forever!!!

:lol 

I'm not using any sort of sarcasm or anything, but I truly pity you. For you are missing on one of the best if not the best Western cartoon.

10. flamepanther

They were important in at least a few other episodes. Especially the two proto-human kids.
    Agreed on all counts.

Also, I think Galaxy Force had much better fight scenes than Beast Wars (let alone any G1 TV series) and fewer pointless episodes. Seems like that much should also carry over to Cybertron despite the dubbing and editing.

11. jet convoy

I didn't watch much of Cybertron since it got boring very quickly but the fight scenes sucked from what I remember. Barely any movement, no emotion, too much talking, no battle damage, and it has all the cliches of kiddie anime fight scenes.

12. Katamari Prime

Katamari Prime Hassan Chop! TFW2005 Supporter

It did give us a new Soundwave, Megs and StarScream, and got Thunderblast, to which has added more material for the comics, so it had something to contribute.

13. flamepanther

There was definitely some occasional battle damage in Galaxy Force. The action got a lot more creative than the "dodge, shoot, repeat until you appproach stasis lock" that made up most of the combat in Beast Wars. Starscream in particular had some of the most incredible fights ever. And Primus' choice of a weapon against Super Starscream... damn. There were some typical Super Robot style fights in there as well though.

14. Sideways

Sideways Banned

so true!!!

15. jet convoy

Dodge, shoot, repeat? What episodes did you watch? There's different types of artillery, melee weapons, hand-to-hand fighting, and I loved the carnage in the BW fight scenes.

16. Codimus Prime

Codimus Prime Missouri Toy Hunter

I can't remember how many times you see Override racing on Speed planet. I could have sworn it was no less than 6 times. And she never gives up the planet cup... what a tease.

17. LadyStarscream

I love the robot designs and of course the toys, I just can't stand the kids and the voices can get annoying. I havent seen that much of it, but the one I watched this morning was particularly bad.

18. flamepanther

I've seen the whole series. Recently. Seasons two and three were better about it, but the combat in season 1 was pretty stiff and fairly repetitive, IMO, with the exception of Primal and Megs going after each other in beast mode on top of that mountain full of Energon crystals. Even by the end of season 3, I found the final fistfight between Megatron and Primal to be a big letdown. The show's strong point was it's characters and dialog.

19. MagiRanger

MagiRanger Banned

Ebay:
    Watch Galaxy Force, no annoying english dub to worry about. Plus the story actually makes sense unlike what Cybertron gave us.

I don't see why Flame Convoy (Scourge) listening to a human was so bad, it shows that TFs can listen to reason, its like they have emotions or anything.

20. flamepanther

Scourge/Flame Convoy is more of an antihero than a villain anyway. He doesn't play things by "Decepticon" rules even when he sides with them. Also, he's not afraid of Lori. He has a strong sense of honor and a big ego, so he doesn't like being shamed by her, especially since it usually sounds like she might be right. For all his shortcomings and lust for violence, what he ultimately wants is to be an honorable warrior and a just leader for his people.