Is the Classics Line Dead?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by GrimlockAutobot, Nov 3, 2011.

1. Quixote_Prime

Quixote_Prime is missed.

News Credits:
    All of a sudden --- bam! One day there will be a Trailbreaker.

I just know it!

2. NEST SOLDIER

NEST SOLDIER IRONHIDE'S DRIVER

:lol 

3. Kaymac

Kaymac I'M REALLY FEELIN' IT!

Definitely not. It goes on frequent hiatus, but I doubt it well ever "die". Maybe once every character in G1 EVER has been made, but they will eventually start remaking the remakes.

I just wish they'd go back to making Voyager Classics too.

4. TheBigMachine

TheBigMachine Initiating JAZZ HANDS!

News Credits:
    I agree with everything about this statement. I can see how they might revisit some of the figures from the original 'Classics' line. Some of the articulation could have been better despite them all being awesome. And yes, MORE VOYAGERS (with an occasional Ultra) please!

5. odeean

odeean Infiltrator

News Credits:
    I think Hasbro are only going to be talking Prime in the coming months because they have to make the transition away from the movie successfully. To split the attention of customers is not going to help that kind of re-branding.

As long as the Prime toys are good it will not matter how long I have to wait for Hoist, Trailbreaker, Brawn etc.

6. GrimlockAutobot

GrimlockAutobot Volcanicus Torso

News Credits:
    Somewhere Wearing The Dinobots As Gloves & Boots
    There may be pegspace in retail outlets but, Generations isn't getting it's just due.

I just bought Generations Red Alert today for $7.00 at Walmart....At first, I thought they were just clearancing an older wave but, there were three pegs designated for Generations and all were marked $7.

I'm afraid that the Black Shadow/Junkheap wave may be headed for the discounters. Hasbro can continue the line but, they can't force retailers to buy it. Retailers may not buy the later waves....especially if they feel the need to discount what's already out there.

Don't get me wrong, I like getting figures from Ross/TJ Maxx/Marshalls because they're cheap and cheap is all I can afford but, those stores are very hit or miss. Meaning, you gotta get really lucky to find some of the figures there.

7. Quixote_Prime

Quixote_Prime is missed.

News Credits:
    Target's Christmas reset is done. So at least Generations is in Target's plan through December. That means Junkion and Victory goodness.

I don't know what speculating about the end of the line does, practically speaking, though. I'm more bothered when figures are announced on Hasbro's own website (Demolition Rumble and Body Block).

8. Quixote_Prime

Quixote_Prime is missed.

News Credits:
    How could they be so headed?

The big retailers have already done their resets for Christmas and Generations is part of that.

The only thing that would happen is if the wave is delayed.

In the next two-three weeks, I bet pics show up on Asian websites and soon they're in our hands by Thanksgiving.

If you're frazzled by the RtS wierdness, I totally understand. But I think we'll see all this at retail.

9. Matt_M

Matt_M Snarkabot

News Credits:
    I'm sure that, even as recently as SDCC, there were plans for new classics-style figures beyond Sky Shadow and Junkheap (the presentation slide read, "Final Wave of 2011" leaving the door open for ambiguity). They have many alternate heads for the existing molds to draw from, not even counting straight-up redecos.

But the fact that we haven't seen anything since SDCC is reason to doubt that anything new will be coming in the first half of 2011. And if you think that retail chains will keep stocking Generations that long without new product, especially in light of the concurrently running Prime and Movie toys, you're - um, what's a polite term for not smart?

Does that mean that we won't see them ever? Nah. I expect that the line will revive (as Transformers All-Stars or something) late next year, probably Sept 2012 or so. Expect brief news at Toy Fair, reveals at Botcon, and then the figures themselves to trickle out in the Fall. Or, maybe they'll start filling out a movie sub-line with classic figures, like they did with Reveal the Shield.

I'm not an optimist yet I still hold some hope. But I don't expect anything for nearly a full year. And I'm worried that Sky Shadow and Junkheap will share Windcharger's fate.

10. Nightrain

Nightrain Senior Villain

News Credits:
    Worth it IMO.

11. MWG

MWG Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Well, the Warpath wave only hit saturation back in June, and that is nearly six months now without new Generations product. Sure, the gap was caused by the new movie line needing the focus, but the fact that Generations remained on pegs and gets new figures as the movie line is winding down is interesting.

It will be interesting to see what happens. But given how sparsely populated the Generations pegs tend to be and the notion that these are due by Christmas gives me a bit of optimism that they will be more available than Windcharger.

+-MWG-+

12. Stepper

Stepper Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Right on,Prime series toys will be the focus currently,for the Generation,they have to design finish the FOC,then they will continue the toy line again under Generation

13. Shin-Gouki

Shin-Gouki Retired Admln Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Handle):
    Pinterest:
    There has been a Classics line every year that there has not been a Movie Line. They kept it going through the Movie Line this year which may not have been wise as it's been treated like a red headed step-child. I think the fact that it's here and the movie line is ending is a good sign though. I think once DOTM is gone it will kick into high gear again.

14. Dinobot Nuva

Dinobot Nuva Johnny 3 Tears Veteran

News Credits:
    I think we need to wait for the flood of "2012" preorders to hit the likes of BBTS, Entertainmentearth, etc.

Its November now, should be soon...

15. Nefud

Nefud Well-Known Member

Update for one week later: Classics is still dead.

16. wolfe

wolfe Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Yet, there is still another wave coming out this year.

17. Nefud

Nefud Well-Known Member

If you were to go back in time and claim "Animated isn't dead, Arcee and Ironhide are coming out at TRU any day now" you'd technically be kind of right, but still mostly wrong.

18. wolfe

wolfe Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Figure this would be a great place to quote SL. Just like the masterpiece line and the encore line... there will be more classics.

19. Quixote_Prime

Quixote_Prime is missed.

News Credits:
    We'll know when we know.