Is the bunny hopping getting ridiculous?

Discussion in 'Transformers Video Game Discussion' started by Shizuka, Sep 20, 2012.

?

Is bunny hopping getting ridiculous?

1. Yes

38 vote(s)
    41.3%
  2. No

16 vote(s)
    17.4%
  3. I don't mind

17 vote(s)
    18.5%
  4. I haven't noticed an increase

21 vote(s)
    22.8%
  1. Shizuka

Shizuka Optimus Prime's scriptor

News Credits:
    OK, now I'm not saying that this is a cheap tactic but, it is a tactic - like all tatitcs that have to be implemented at certain times to give you can edge in battle; just like rolling and so on.

Now, what I'm getting tired of is seeing a player and as soon as he/she sees me begins to jump around the place like an unexperienced player. It's annoying and if it weren't for the fact that I'd die, I would walk away from so many encounters.

Jumping reduces accuracy (not enough it appears). It's fine to jump or dash to avoid fire... inbetween steady shooting. But if your only tactic is to bunnyhop then I'm sorry, this is just silly. I bunny hope sometimes as a Destroyer but this is a combination of me dodging another Destroyer's fire while trying to get a better shot. Still, this isn't my sole tactic.

I was an Infiltrator a few days ago facing, another Infiltrator and I was slowly strifing while fine aiming with the Path Blaster while the other guy was jumping around from side to side. That player died because while he/she was jumping around I took my time to aim at him/her.

2. PlanckEpoch

PlanckEpoch Just a regular old plumbus

News Credits:
    It's...fine, dude. It's manageable in other shooters, so I don't see why people are making such a big stink about it on FoC. I've never had issue with bunny hoppers. I kill them, they kill me, the cycle of life and death in a shooter continues, o_O 

3. Rexidus

Rexidus Autobot TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I try not to do it, but in the heat of battle if it can prevent a hit then I won't condemn them.

4. LocoPayas0

LocoPayas0 El Payaso

Ebay:
    Have you ever played a shooter? It's what people do to survive. The only game I had a problem with it was WFC haha

5. Dirge121

Dirge121 Eat the chikums

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    YouTube:
    Tumblr:
    I jump all the time with Destroyers.

Funniest are the Scout players who just throw an EMP grenade then airdash backwards and forwards firing the scatter blaster until you kill them.

Also once again there is no bunny hopping in this game. Its just jumping a lot. I'm genuinely surprised we havent seen threads about the people who just spam roll the second they see you. That seems like the kind of thing people would get mad about

6. Chalice

Chalice ليس هناك ما هو صحيح، فكل

News Credits:
    I have a problem with it because it's just plain stupid. I can deal with it just fine, and I can do it as well. But I chose not to, because, again, idiotic. It only offers any real advantage over idiots who you shouldn't need an 'advantage' over anyway.

In a game where you have dashes and dodge rolls, you don't need to hop around the battle field like you're on a pogostick. You look like an idiot and break game immersion.

7. DethPike

DethPike Master of Sinanju

Ebay:
    I just aim high. -shrugs-

8. Jadryx

Jadryx Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I haven't come across very many bunnyhoppers (actually can't think of even one at the moment) I don't see it as a big problem.

9. MaxLinden

MaxLinden Auto-Con

News Credits:
    It's not a cheap tactic if not done every single second of playing.
    I try to only jump and dash away when trying to dodge enemy fire or when I'm going to finish someone.
    I jump then melee or shoot them.... It's very satisfying to me.

10. Prime Jetscream

Prime Jetscream The Ultimate Golden Gamer

News Credits:
    Something that pisses me off is how anyone would be upset about the rolling. It's only the sensible thing to do. Oh, giant robot with a minigun? Should I stand here and walk to the side or try to dodge his fire?

11. scorpio-prime

scorpio-prime Dreamer with fists

WFC was criticised for its bunny hopping, but having played it pretty solidly for the past couple of days I can honestly say its nowhere NEAR as bad as FOCs.

12. LocoPayas0

LocoPayas0 El Payaso

Ebay:
    Same here haha people get mad about others trying to survive? I mean come on. But seriously unless its broken *cough*warcry leaders*cough, then I'm fine with it!

13. Prime Jetscream

Prime Jetscream The Ultimate Golden Gamer

News Credits:
    That makes a lot of sense, since WFC is the one with the double jump and all...

14. The Constructicon

The Constructicon Yeah, I turn into a leg.

People do that in any shooter that's got high-explosive weapons, it's more like human nature as opposed to a problem with the game. You'll never stop campers, you'll never stop spawn killers and the bunny hopping will continue.

I'll use any of those strategies, though I don't believe in that fictional internet gaming book of honor that says I have to play one way over another. :3

15. scorpio-prime

scorpio-prime Dreamer with fists

Thats not as much of an issue as the rolling - with a double jump you can pretty much gauge where your opponent is going to land so with a little experience, its not too hard to get around. In FOC however most fights degrade into two robots furiously leaping left and right desperately trying to scrape whatever damage off one another they can - its a tedious, annoying way to fight.

16. Secretcode

Secretcode Keeper of Encarta Veteran

News Credits:
    YouTube:
    Bingo. It's a legitimate strategy, that in other games actually allowed you to travel faster. It's not a problem, and it's nothing new.

17. The Constructicon

The Constructicon Yeah, I turn into a leg.

I've never had an issue with it in either game, they jump and I kill them. If it's too intense back away and kill them from afar, there are always way to counter a gameplay style.

18. scubaboy31

scubaboy31 Digital Gypsy

News Credits:
    I've not noticed many people doing it to be honest. In WFC it was a nightmare.

19. MV95

MV95 @marlinfan1995 Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    No it isn't annoying. It's called trying to dodge fire.

20. LocoPayas0

LocoPayas0 El Payaso

Ebay:
    If you can't kill anyone who is rolling, you suck. Well maybe not, but still there is no point in complaining. Plenty of people do it just fine. If you can't handle it go play COD or something..