Is the Bumblebee Movie really the start of the reboot?

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by JoshimusPrime1993, May 28, 2018.

1. Ephland

Ephland Let's Go Rangers

News Credits:
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

Really didn't feel like any sort of confirmation. A very nice pitch for Bumblebee but it don't exactly tell what they are going to do after Bumblebee.

• Like Like x 3
  3. Luis Bolognesi

Luis Bolognesi New Member

It's not a reboot Bumblebee takes place Twenty years before the events of the first film, after this movie then we'll have a reboot most likely

• Like Like x 3
  4. Hound89

Hound89 Well-Known Member

This

The first trailer evennhas a voice over from Bennie mack from the first movie.

• Like Like x 1
  5. QuintusTheExaltedOne

QuintusTheExaltedOne Creator of the Quintessons and ex-Prime

There’s enough in this movie for people to connect the dots to the previous movies, and there’s enough different that if they decided to reboot they could use bumblebee as the starting point. They’re pulling an X-men first class. It was stated as a prequel but ended up rebooting the timeline/continuity. Basically if this does really well they might cancel all plans and just use this movie as the start of the reboot.

• Like Like x 11
  6. sideswipe3

sideswipe3 Well-Known Member

Headcannon only but Hot Rod was playing with his time gun and he sends Bee back in time by accident.

• Like Like x 3
  7. bigfootRULES

bigfootRULES Well-Known Member

Thats not a bad idea.

8. voust

voust a man & a lover

Its a sequel which is a prequel to a reboot.

• Like Like x 2
  9. Gordon_4

Gordon_4 The Big Engine

News Credits:
    It’s commonly said that people don’t know what they want until they have it.

As for Bumblebee, while it established that it isn’t a reboot movie, the totally different emotional core/tone of the move along with a largely new visual aesthetic tells me that it probably should have been the reboot.

• Like Like x 3
  10. Godzilla Ranger

Godzilla Ranger AgentGodzillaRangerPrime

Oh shit, excellent pitch for a Days of Future Past style timeline reset for a sequel right there.

DEWWW IT

11. Haywired

Haywired Hakunamatatacon

I think that IF the Bee movie will be successful then they're going to make it a reboot. If it won't be, then they're going to discard it with the rest of the Bayverse. I have a very strong suspicion that this is why they're avoiding to clearly call it a reboot or a continuation - to keep their options open.

The Bayhemverse is done and dead one way or another.

• Like Like x 2
  12. zimattack23

zimattack23 Peaceful Debater

I hope they don't use this to start a reboot, it has too many things leftover from the Bayverse, my main issue is him still having the Bay face.

• Like Like x 2
  13. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout Anthony Hopkins with a submachine gun. 'Nuff said!

Just because there were loose ends left doesn't mean squat in terms of anybody being obligated to actually finish the plot lines they are part of. If rebooting is what Paramount thinks will make Transformers profitable again in the wake of TLK, then they'll drop any an all notion of continuing to be in the old continuity.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Ephland

Ephland Let's Go Rangers

News Credits:
    "tonally different" should be the subtitle of this movie, as much as the phrase gets used here.

• Like Like x 2
  15. Agent 53

Agent 53 Well-Known Member

I'm not sure if Bumblebee the movie IS the start of the reboot or the end of the Bayverse.
    Personally I'd assume that it would be decided by the reaction to the film. If it ends up a failure then the I suspect that the reboot will start later on. If it's a success then I'd say that Bumblebee will launch the reboot.
    The fact that an Optimus Solo film will be made if Bumblebee a success suggests I am right. My understanding is that if it works the Hasbro will go "Okay, great we'll build from this." if it fails they will say "Right, that didn't work, let's regroup and replan."

• Like Like x 1
  16. Ephland

Ephland Let's Go Rangers

News Credits:
    Which is going to be interesting to see. First time in history a movie was connected to other films and also not connected to other films. Schrodinger's Bumblebee.

17. Paxtin

Paxtin Relatively-Tolerated Member

I donno, The X-men films kinda pioneered that. The only real thing connecting some of those movies together is Hugh Jackman's omnipresence in the franchise.

18. Ephland

Ephland Let's Go Rangers

News Credits:
    Well, that and all the characters being the same. James McAvoy and Michael Fassbender are playing the same roles that Patrick Stewart and Ian McKellan are.

But with Bumblebee, it'll be really interesting to see how they pull it off. Even if it's the same Bumblebee, if the movie makes money, it also won't be the same Bumblebee. It'll be a new Bumblebee. First time in movie history a character's existence will be based on how profitable the movie is.

19. Paxtin

Paxtin Relatively-Tolerated Member

I donno, there's a lot of holes in between the X-movies that could argue to the contrary. Even though we see these actors playing the same characters, they're also kind of not really the same characters established in the previous films. Honestly, if anything, Days of Future Past is a movie where it's like you're watching the franchise rebooting right in front of you.

20. Venixion

Venixion Member of the notorious Pew-Pew Posse

News Credits:
    I don't know. It doesn't seem like it, since it uses the looks and lore of the other movies, instead if being its own thing. But I guess that's kind of expected given how long this franchise has been going on for. If nothing else, it'll hopefully be a reboot in quality, by turning trash to treasure.