Is the Bumblebee Movie really the start of the reboot?

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by JoshimusPrime1993, May 28, 2018.

1. electronic456

electronic456 Dog of Raw

News Credits:
    Okay... Good plot= good money.

You see that? Blade Runner 2049? X-Men: First Class?

I'm sure that was all explored before Disney took over. That's why I specifically mentioned Star Wars Legends.....

Chewbacca was a slave on Kashykk before Han saved him in Legends for instance.

What I meant was how he was introduced as a character and his development. A scoundrel out for himself in ANH before his change of heart. A guy who falls in love with Leia and then a general for the Rebellion in the end. And he has a son after that.

What you described are the details that some people are 'meh' about and the kind of details Solo: A Star Wars Story wants to go over. Details you don't necessarily need to dive too much into.

What do we know about Bumblebee in comparison? He's friends with Optimus? Eh... So is any Autobot I guess. It's all over the place for Bee.

I think the possibility of that already is under consideration.

Is that really canon? The comic?

"His vocal processors were damaged in battle... I'm still working on them."-Ratchet

Nowhere is Megatron stated to be the one who did the job in the actual film.

Now that the 'From Cybertron with Love' comic coming out, maybe there is.

You do realise I'm talking about that one specific shot.
    [​IMG]

God that was a lot of baggage I had to get through in order to reply... I hope I got everything.

2. Bumblethumper

Bumblethumper old misery guts

News Credits:
    Okay, what if Paramount make sequels to the Bumblebee movie that directly and deliberately contradict the original series. What if, for example they were to have characters like Jazz and Ratchet show up and then get killed off, and then the action moves to a living and vibrant contemporary Cybertron and introduce a distinctly different version of the Matrix. And it all looks very different from anything seen in the previous series. At that point you'd have to agree that they've rebooted Transformers.

Until they do something like that, the Bumblebee movie can simply leave a lot of questions unanswered, and be theoretically compatible with the previous TF films, if not explicitly linked. If they just have Bumblebee show up mysteriously near the start of the movie, and then exit at the end, without getting into the specifics of where he goes, who's to say he doesn't reformat into the Bumblebee from TF1? If they flop, and then never make a sequel, perhaps it can be assumed that's what happened.

3. Bumblethumper

Bumblethumper old misery guts

News Credits:
    Absolutely, and I'm sure a lot of reviewers will approach this with a lot of prejudice carried forward from the Michael Bay series. Accounting for that inbuilt bias, even if it were to score 70%, it would probably deserve 80% or more.

• Like Like x 2
  4. Ephland

Ephland Let's Go Rangers

News Credits:
    I don't have time to go through all the posts asking me questions.

• Like Like x 1
  5. TheSoundwave

TheSoundwave Hooked on a Feeling!

News Credits:
    I could see that, but I really hope it doesn't happen. Critics are supposed to be objective.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Galvatross

Galvatross Online Fandoms Suck! Veteran

Well as someone who did watch the first film, it's never stated within the first film that it was Megatron who damaged Bumblebee. Ratchet simply says that Bee's vocal processor was damaged in battle. He never says who did it.

• Like Like x 2
  7. Primus Productions

Primus Productions Defender of the movieverse Veteran

News Credits:
    I don't think they're completely rebooting the bayformers, Because they said the same for AOE, And it was nothing more but continuation of DOTM. So to be frank we cannot fully trust this so called reboot, Cause we know little, And not to mention they're most likely trying trick us, Like they did with AOE. So to be honest I believe it isn't a full reboot. It may behave a lot like AOE. Not to mention. Transformers: Bumblebee, Is a prequel to Transformers 2007 film. So if anything Paramount and all involvement could simply trying manipulate us into thinking they're rebooting. But in reality. They are not. So I must say, Take news more lightly. Considering they do like pulling strings, As in manipulating us into thinking of the reboot. But in reality, If anything this could be a soft reboot. Or. No reboot at all. Everything must be taken in consideration.

Last edited: May 29, 2018
    • Like Like x 2
  8. daniel 97

daniel 97 Autobots' second in command

News Credits:
    Google+:
    YouTube:
    This makes no sense either. The Bayverse is too much of a mess at this point. Whatever they do it's a much better option to start anew.

9. Dmhead

Dmhead Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    It's the same ship, they only changed the captain. Like Autobot Burns mentioned, NOBODY asked for this movie. Even the Bayformer lovers didn't want this.

• Like Like x 1
  10. snokoan

snokoan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Um I’m a bay lover and I asked for it so you’re going to assume bay lovers didn’t asked I saw a bunch of people wanting it

• Like Like x 2
  11. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

You have to remember that folks like us speak a totally different language than Hollywood because we aren't focused on how to spin things. A bit like how Paramount kept tossing around the term "soft reboot" like it had any sort of real meaning.

Really no telling how they will spin Bumblebee once the box office numbers start coming in.

• Like Like x 1
  12. MegaPrime1007

MegaPrime1007 The Great Defender of the Movieverse

News Credits:
    Nothing more than an opinion that isn't objective.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Livingdeaddan

Livingdeaddan Gotta get to sleep somehow...

News Credits:
    What if it transformed?

14. Ephland

Ephland Let's Go Rangers

News Credits:
    Then it's an apple in disguise. Optimus Prime doesn't stop being a robot when he transforms, he's just a robot who happens to look like a truck.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Livingdeaddan

News Credits:
    But.. Ahh... Yeah ok good point!

• Like Like x 1
  16. Livingdeaddan

News Credits:
    I think you can say the bayverse being in a mess is objectively true. It is.

It's whether you like it or not that's subjective.

• Like Like x 1
  17. electronic456

electronic456 Dog of Raw

News Credits:
    I want it because I want to see what someone other than Bay can do. And I'm not a full Bay lover, don't mistake this.

And who knows... I've seen people who loved or liked Solo when they didn't ask for it. Especially considering most of Han Solo's character can be learnt throughout the original trilogy.

18. daniel 97

daniel 97 Autobots' second in command

News Credits:
    Google+:
    YouTube:
    Says the "objective" one.

• Like Like x 1
  19. SilverOptimus

SilverOptimus Movie News Monster Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
  20. Primus Productions

Primus Productions Defender of the movieverse Veteran

News Credits:
    Thanks @SilverOptimus This pretty much sums it up. Read everything from it, And what I can gather is, Based from the article, Within of the answer. There's no reboot.

Info came from the article itself. So in reality there's no reboot. What I must say, People need stop jumping to conclusions right away, TLK wasn't the best, Nor the worst. At least in my eyes of opinion. But I am thankfully happy to see it from the actual source. There is NO reboot. Thank primus.

• Like Like x 2