Is the beaming light seen in the trailer, is Megatron's new power

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by megatron6661, Apr 29, 2011.

1. megatron6661

megatron6661 Well-Known Member

The new trailer look's great, when you see this beaming light. It is simuler to what happens in lord of the rings ROTK, where it start's the invasion maybe I am wrong. Did megatron's new power if he does have one, the beaming light give's the decepticon's the green light to start the decepticon's invasion of earth. And was this power one reason why optimus is fuming with the human's, that they have not shared everything with the autobots

Here is the vid which does explain how the invasion starts

YouTube - Transformers 3 megatron new power

What do you guys think

2. Alienbot

Alienbot Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I think it's a space bridge, but it an Energon harvester would be cool.

3. Opticron Primal

Opticron Primal Comin' up OOOs!

News Credits:
    If it was Megatron's spark-draining power then every robot that popped out of it would have fallen dead on the ground....

It's a space bridge.

4. megatron6661

It does hint this could be the reason why optimus is angry with the human's

5. Phil

Phil Well-Known Member

After the trailer, I don't understand how there could be any doubt that it's a space bridge. We see one on the moon, on Earth, and then Decepticons from the moon popping out of it on Earth.

I'd say it's safe to end the speculation.

6. Nightmare966

Nightmare966 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    1- Megatron's power in the game is Health Drain, and I doubt he uses it on the movie.
    2- What we see in the trailer is the Space Bridge
    3- Optimus Prime is angry at the humans at the end of trailer because, or so I thorize, humainty will blame the Transformers for the havoc unleashed on Earth, without diferentating between Decepticons or Autobots (hence his line, which is a clear reference to Earth's/humanity's recovery)

7. megatron6661

I was checking through some forum's, and some said that bay commented that megatron has some kind of new power. So there is a big possibility megatron has something new in the film

8. Phil

Phil Well-Known Member

I'd need a link to Bay actually saying that himself, because I don't remember ever hearing that. From everything I've heard I was under the impression Megatron was going to be pretty down and out in this one, still nursing his wounds.

But regardless, some new power isn't what we're seeing in the trailer, it's obviously space bridges.

9. megatron6661

You should ask the fans who said this about bay, like I said I give 2 possible explanations on what the light could be, either the greenlight to start the invasion which I sense megs started the the light when there was a fight going on maybe, or megs new power which could be some Energon which is probably in the game only

This is one forum I had a look at, on what they said megatron's power could be, a phew says that bay says megs has some kind of new power. This power many say he was supposed to have this power in the first film

New Rumors about Megatron's new powers in DOTM..

So it is all devil's advocate from me, on what the light could be

10. Cyber Star

Cyber Star Why so Geewun, Loser?

its a space bridge that has nothing to do with megatroon is my bet

11. TFfan08

TFfan08 Vigilante

News Credits:
    I still don't understand why would Decepticons rise from the moon? Is it kind of like zombie decepticons?

12. Rogzilla

Rogzilla Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    We gotta see the movie to find out! See what they did there?

13. Barricade24

Barricade24 Decepticop Artist

News Credits:
    So the Decepticons must have put a space bridge on the planet?
    But the question is who activates it?

14. Rogzilla

Rogzilla Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Them, I think. I think Megatron uses one in DC, which the Autobots help fight off. Optimus gets pissed at the government for keeping secrets about the moon. They get pissed at them for f*cking up DC. Everyone agrees they should leave.

Megatron is devastated about the loss but before he can make his next move, Shockwave tells him he's an idiot and he's in charge now! Megatron is all "bitch please" but Starscream supports Shockwave and they put Megatron in his place. Shockwave then goes to Chicago (don't know why yet) and opens the second space bridge to bring the rest of the force down. Shock and awe baby.

15. megatron6661

My feeling is, megatron activates it one way or another. There is a possibility he cannot fly after the beating he took from optimus, he is one of very phew decepticons left on earth before the invasion. So my guess is with him being the tanka truck, he goes in has a human mode and activites the space bridge that is on earth

16. TacomaPrime

TacomaPrime Cybertronian Tacoma

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    But the space bridge thing shows up in washington DC. Doesn't that beam of light thing protrude up from Chicago?

17. RedWolf

RedWolf Well-Known Member

No Optimus is disappointed the US government did not tell him they know the Ark is on the moon.

Presumably the Decepticons manage to take the mass transport Space Bridge tech from it to bring in the entire Decepticon army.

Hence a "Grave Mistake".

The Space Bridge tech we saw in ROTF is a personal Space Bridge. My guess Space Bridge tech is lost technology to the Autobots and Decepticons except those of the oldest of their race which are few.

18. 03Mach1

03Mach1 Reason Has No Voice

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    It's just a trailer. Scenes are cut and pasted to make us all giddy. They are not necessarily sequential.