Is the animated line done for good?

Discussion in 'Transformers Animated Discussion' started by chapsy, Feb 25, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hutchprime

hutchprime Made of sterner stuff

News Credits:
    You think they're going to make MORE classics because Animated is gone...interested to see what made you come to this conclusion...

I bet the last time a sequel toy line made more than the original was probably ESB or RotJ...and that was simply because nobody really knew how the heck to 'do' toys with the original SW...

2. Rodimus Major

Rodimus Major Custom User Title

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Okay...NEAR-record money. :p 

3. Brave Magnus

Brave Magnus Drawings from Argentina! :D

News Credits:
    I'm a bit outdated with this post but does this mean there wont be Dai Atlas toy? Because i was really expecting one :( 

4. skycolt

skycolt Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    maybe this is because a lot of toy factories in Canton close last year. Hasbro can not continue their toy production line or make profit easily...

5. trebleshot

trebleshot www.Toyark.com Veteran

News Credits:
    Not likely, since we haven't seen anything beyond character art.

6. Foster

Foster Haslab Victory Saber Backer #3 Veteran

News Credits:
    You know, I wonder if this explains why tf08.net etc., never got Arcee, Ratbat, Hydro Bumblebee etc. They stopped getting Animated toys a couple of months ago, right? The twins were the last ones?

7. Ktulu

Ktulu Whoosh TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Excellent food for thought there. Very curious

8. alex_kingdom

alex_kingdom Well-Known Member

I think its worth pointing out that it's not that people wanted or expected Animated to go on forever, that was never going to happen. I wasn't in the least bit surprised and only a little disappointed when it was announced series 3 would be the last series. Series 3 is likely to bring Aminated up to the same sort of length many previous series/lines were anyway so it was to be expected, regarless of how badly the line has been handled thus far or how much the movie and its toyline line have overshadowed and belittled it.

The real disappointment for me and I expect many other is that if the rumors prove to be true we wont get a complete line of figures to compliment the show. Many characters from the arse end of season 2 and the majority of season 3 will not be available to buy which will make many peoples collection feel somewhat lacking or incomplete.

However at least Hasbro did something for those of us who didn't like the movie and didn't want to buy the figures, it's just a shame and a worry that may not continue.

9. hutchprime

News Credits:
    Agreed...it would have been nice to get 52 episodes and have the toys on the shelves for more than 13 months...

10. Caine

Caine Rise up to the glory!!

News Credits:
    So yeah, can't sleep tonight, and this stuff popped up in my mind. >__>

Where do we start? Oh yeah.. Fanboys whined, cried, complained outrageously at Hasbro's decision to stop the popular TF Animated line all of the sudden. And here's what the conversation on Hasbro HQ might sounds like..

Boss :: So, how's the fan base taking the TF Animated, both show & toyline?

Assistant 01 :: Oh, they're loving it! Most everyone seems to be in favor of the toy's design. And, the G1-filled homages on its episodes!

Assistant 02 :: This is what they've been waiting for, for a decade, after the end of Beast Wars at 1999, and survived through the catastrophic imported Japanese Transformers animes. Not forget to mention that Arcee toy will be released soon enough, the fan base is filled with much joys, from what I saw.

B :: Good. Cancel it.

A01+02 :: What?? But we're making a lot of money currently!

B :: What we're going to lose is nothing compared to the not-so-subtle reminder that just because a toy is a good idea and it's being well received that we're actually going to do it! They've waited for a great show after the end of the legendary Beast Wars for ten years, they can wait longer! They've waited for an G1-inspired Arcee toy for 23 years since third season of G1, they can wait bloody longer!

A01 :: But sir, this just makes no sense at all. I mean, why? Didn't you said it's the Universe which is gonna be canceled, not Animated? Why the sudden change?

A02 :: And, the fans are spending tons of money for these full-of-G1-homage Animated figures. They're selling like hot cakes. It's something they've waited for so long after RID & Unicron Trilogy!

B :: Why? We got the next blockbuster movie coming right up next at June! There's nothing to lose! Do the bloody math, guys! A kid-oriented cartoon show cannot compare to the massive income that Hollywood movie gonna make! Be smart! Oh, and, did I mention the money we're saving by not further doing the TFA line.. is going into your bonuses?

A01+02 :: Oh well, in that case, well, alright..

B :: Yeees?

A01 :: Hey, yeah, don't we have a motorcycle in the Marvel line we could recolor pink and white, as Arcee?

A02 :: Yep. Ditto. That should work. I'll call Japan...

B :: Keep up the good work, boys.

That's all. I've lost words on TFA fate. :( 

11. Bgrngod

Bgrngod Autocon

News Credits:
    I would be totally ok with a delay/hiatus, as long as Hasbro could at least be upfront with the information about what is going on. There is really no reason to not make it public. It's not like the knowledge of Animated making a return in early 2010 is going to have any negative impact on what happens between now and then. The movie toys won't sell less because Animated is coming back....

God I hope they don't try to make a Movie-verse cartoon. Ugh. Keep it live-action, and on the big screen.

12. Starscream NZ

Starscream NZ Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I was thinking about how much everyones been upset about Animated's seeming cancellation as a toyline, but to be fair, we've actually had a pretty decent set of toys, compared to what we were offered in Armada/Energon.

We've got, so far:

15 brand new deluxe molds, with a possible 16th, and retools of previous figures.
    9 brand new voyager molds

Compared to Armada:

10 brand new deluxe (super-con)
    4 brand new voyager (mega-con)

And Energon:

12 brand new deluxe molds
    8 brand new voyager molds

These numbers don't include repaints, and I did not include the Kicker/Highwire pack for Energon - but taking a look at this list, we've received more new-molds in Animated than we did for Armada or Energon - which were padded out with repaints.

I have a feeling that people wouldn't be so angry about not getting toys for every character if there wasn't so many characters planned for the show. If we were to have never been told that Rodimus/Strika/Brawn/Dai Atlas etc were to be in season 3, I think the bitterness with people would be a lot less resounding because everyone seems to want a toy of everyone on the show, which we were told pretty much from day 1 wouldn't happen.

13. Beastbot X

Beastbot X Old skool. In a lot of ways.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Didn't we see Activators SW about a month ago? Other than that, though, yeah, you're right.

14. Dinobot Nuva

Dinobot Nuva Johnny 3 Tears Veteran

News Credits:
    Read the older threads when the word got out that the show was going to be done after Season 3. Cartoon Network fired the lead writer of Animated and told him to pack up his things and not use his Cartoon Network email address.

Hasbro already said that Universe will be continuing through the movie line with various store exclusives. Kickback's mentioning that the line has (as of right now) no end-date seems to back up that claim.

15. shroobmaster

shroobmaster Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    They didn't,

Marty never worked for CN, they just wanted the office back for space since his FREELANCE season 3 duties were over.

16. hutchprime

News Credits:
    Ummmmm....Universe was never going to stop...this has nothing to do with Animated being canceled or not. You're creating a cause and effect relationship where none existed.

Inasmuch as CN told him to leave the office that they were letting him use, even though he never worked for them...again, doesn't say whether CN or Hasbro is 'to blame' for canceling the show. Just that the show was canceled and therefore that particular individual no longer had business to conduct at CN's physical location...

As a matter of fact, I believe it was Kickback that mentioned in the past that it's highly unlikely that EITHER CN OR HASBRO could have canceled the show independent of the other.

SO IN FACT, they're both to blame.

17. swbruni

swbruni Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    If it goes away hasbro will bring back the figures in some way...they always do...

18. Gryph

Gryph Action Master

News Credits:
    The Animated toy line is not cancelled. It has been pushed back to May.

It seems I'm going to have to repeat this on every single page for people to actually notice.

19. swbruni

swbruni Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Thats Very Good News...Lets hope its True...................

20. hutchprime

News Credits:
    According to Kickback a few pages ago, they're PULLING IT FROM THE SHELVES IN MAY. May 29, to be specific. The 'delay' that he spoke of never gave a 'resume' date unless I missed that post....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.