Is the Animated Game for the DS any good?

Discussion in 'Transformers Animated Discussion' started by BeastWars 4ever, Mar 28, 2009.

1. BeastWars 4ever

BeastWars 4ever Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Is the Animated Game for the DS any good? I was thinking of getting it, but I'm not sure.

2. tehKOREANdude

tehKOREANdude inimitable, original

News Credits:
    it did not look to prmising. i wouldn't get it.

3. underwear-ninja

underwear-ninja Eats Gobots for breakfast

It has okay graphics and good voice work (using the actual voice actors) but gameplay wise it looks really abysmal. Its mostly just simple, team-based puzzles and like... no enemies. It'd be okay for maybe a way li'l kid, but other than that no- a waste of money.

4. DiamondHead

DiamondHead HUH?

News Credits:
    I guess Im a fucking retard because I actually own the game and thought it was fun to play.It's by no means a really intense play like resident evil 5 but its still fun to pass the time

5. Rampage01

Rampage01 knockoff of a knockoff

Same here. It might not have much to it, but I find it to be entertaining enough for what it is.

6. spiritprime

spiritprime Dudes, I'm a girl!

News Credits:
    I'm on to the last level of the game at the moment. Why I haven't finished it is because it's just so damn, friggin' hard to work out! I've had it since Christmas, and I still haven't touched it.

The game's alright, but it's pretty hard and has a lot of puzzles to solve. Mostly easy to bypass, but it's nothing compared to the boss battles or anything else out of that matter.

As far as I'm concerned, you should think about getting it and trying it out just to satisfy your interests. Characters are good, but one of them is unplayable.... Which mostly sucks. Voices are also excellent, including the graphics and everything else that is involved.

I've said my words, I have nothing else to say about it. Whichever you prefer, I just hope you make a good choice in the end. :) 

7. Erector

Erector I ruined the Hall of Fame

News Credits:
    It's really good fun! :)  It's not too involving but a fun way to lose a few hours :) 

8. Gingerchris

Gingerchris Telly-headed Tyrant

News Credits:
    Never played it myself, but I'm sure even if it is a bit iffy the fact it's Transformers allows you to overlook many faults. :) 

9. Chris McFeely

Chris McFeely Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    It's a solid puzzle-solving game. The only transforming is in the few driving levels, and you only fight drones (except for two boss battles with Megatron); it's "Lost Vikings," basically. It's probably not what most of us were expecting - and indeed, what we WANTED - from the game, but what it sets out to do, it does well.

10. Sideswipe80

Sideswipe80 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    It's fun. Not what I was expecting but fun. Wish Prowl was playable more and Ratchet just got shafted again. I hope they make another game.

11. DiamondHead

DiamondHead HUH?

News Credits:
    Hey I figure since were talking about the game here,I'm stuck in the bumblebee vs lockdown stage and cant figure out how to beat the level.Anybody got any pointers?

12. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    You just keep rear-ending him with your boosters on. His vehicle ass is his weak-spot or something, so you have to hit just the back bumper.

This thread is only a couple of days old, and I was just wondering, has anyone beaten the second Megatron boss fight? It was cool seeing Lugnut, Blitzwing and Shockwave. Didn't expect to see them.

Anyways, I've been having a blast. The puzzles are creative, intuitive and the game in general actually requires you to use your brain unlike a straight shooter/beat-em-up game people were expecting, without being frustrating or overly-complicated. (once you figure out what the puzzle is, it's fairly straightforward) The driving sections are great little bits and I would've been content without them, but it's nice they gave you that little "break" from the puzzles.

13. Nachtsider

Nachtsider Banned

News Credits:
    The fact that the Decepticons are non-playable automatically makes this game lose points in my book.