is that g1 astrotrain?

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by GENOZAUR, Jan 21, 2009.

1. GENOZAUR

GENOZAUR Banned

found this on youtube

YouTube - Joker Express 2 2

right at 658 where it shows the train coming out of the tunnel

other then the garish joker express colorscheme is it just me or could that steam engine in its original purple and black colorscheme actually pass for g1 astrotrain?

unintentional homage or not it is downright eerie how clear a passing resemblance the steam engine has to g1 astrotrains steam engine vehicle mode

2. AutoCon2076

AutoCon2076 Brightest can in toolshed

The train doesnt come into view until about 6:35 or so. In regards to lookin like Astrotrain I just don't see it. It's a locomotive, but I think that's where the similarities stop. Mind you it is possible. Here's two Transformers references I can recall off the top of my head:

The Simpsons - Aside from the latest Halloween special there was a couch gag where the family members were versiosn of jetfire, prime, bumblebee, seaspray, and arcee. I think it was them...

Grim Adventures of Billy & Mandy - The episode with the wishing skull finds Pud'n being chased down with an Optimus Prime lookin semi driven by an evil tough-lovin teddy bear.

~Z

3. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    You think it's weird that a dude who disguises himself as a train looks... like a train?

4. Voiceroy

Voiceroy Trans-fo-mahs!

News Credits:
    I don't see it either. Sometimes a train is just a train.