Is that a KO Mirage in this lot?

Discussion in 'Transformers On Ebay' started by RoboticPlanet, Sep 25, 2007.

1. RoboticPlanet

RoboticPlanet Exclusively Exclusive

News Credits:
    I'm considering bidding on this auction: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=300155227193&ssPageName=STRK:MEWA:IT&ih=020 since the seller told me Mirage's box is opened but still sealed to the card.

Thanks my hero e3nine and his tutorial, I believe Mirage is a KO. The yellow glow on the right side doesn't extend to the edge enough and Mirage's left foot is bellow the glow near the bottom. I can't make out much more from the blurry pics. Second opinions? Are there any original Mirage box variations that look like the KO version??

It scares me if the seller can either fake ignorance of Transformers by the way the auction listing is laid out, or they indeed don't know what they have since it apparently came from an estate auction. This lot will probably sell at an original G1 price.

2. MegaMoonMan

MegaMoonMan www.megamoonman.com TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube:
    Didn't the Mirage KO come out very recently?

Don't you think it odd that somebody bought one, dies, somebody else buys the lot at an estate sale, and then puts it all on ebay all in the amount of time it's been released?

I think the seller is lying about the whole mess.

3. jimmynguyen41

jimmynguyen41 aka Special Agent JiMMeRz

News Credits:
    i dont know bro, it looks like a good auction with those stuff he is including like megatron.

but i would put my money and say that mirage is KO just like the constructicons.

4. blahduh

blahduh Well-Known Member

If you want to make sure, ask the seller to send you a better picture for mirage's box.
    Also, if you check his feedback, he did another "estate auction" sale 3 month ago which has exactly the same description as this one.

5. RoboticPlanet

News Credits:
    Yep did that minutes after the auction started.

I noticed the other auction too, and since it's laid out in a similar, disorganized fashion I considered perhaps it all came from the same/similar place and the seller doesn't know jack. You would think if they are lying about the origins of the lot and do know about Transformers they would drop a few figure names or at least cluster weapons next to the correct figure to draw more bidders. But maybe that just how deep the lie goes.

6. Gears

Gears buh-buh-body ya Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
  7. Valkysas

Valkysas Attack Buffalo

News Credits:
    the constructicons are KOs too. there's no chrome. the chrome parts on mixmaster and hook are easily seen from above, and those have green parts in their place.

sent the seller a message:

8. RoboticPlanet

News Credits:
    A request for more Mirage pictures and notice that there are bootlegs in the lot haven't yielded a response. This person is a true douchebag. Hope the buyer realizes.

9. SureShot90

SureShot90 Peace=superior firepower

Ebay:
    I'm 100% sure Mirage is a K.O no doubt. The same goes for the Constructicons.
    Megatron looks like a K.O too - the chrome and the grey plastic looks very similart to the K.O I had.
    Optimus Prime I don't know if is a K.O but I wouldn't be surprised.
    The rest looks real.