Is TF Animated really all that?

Discussion in 'Transformers Animated Discussion' started by UltraMagnus3786, Dec 2, 2008.

1. shroobmaster

shroobmaster Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I know one that almost died and got WORSE, because he started bragging about being immortal.

2. AniProwl

AniProwl Banned

News Credits:
    UltraMagnus3786, Animated may no be the best show, but I think you're exaggerating the flaws of Animated. Animated is one of the my only new favorite shows besides Spectacular Spiderman, Wolverin and th X-Men, and of course TMNT 2003. I give it a two thumbs up

8.2/ 10

***1/2 out of five

3. Bottom Out

Bottom Out Well-Known Member

headmaster and meltdown only seem like bigger threats than the g1 deceptcons becuase the animated autobots are so soft, the decepticons and autobots of g1 were evenly matched.

um...of course im goin to pick out what I think is bad when explaining why i think the show is bad....thats kind of how opinions work....:crazy: 

I never blew it out of proportion though, i think you just feel i do becuase i speak about it from a different point of view that you havent seen it from before

characters changing doesnt equal character development. Learning about a character, what makes them tick, thier past, thier likes and dislikes, etc etc is how you develop a character and animated does not do this very well. An example of good transformers character development is dinobot from beast wars, not bulk head not being as clumsy anymore...

thats all fine and dandy, but it needs to happen in every episode, not just a few. Saying "well in this episode the decepticons were really bad" or in this episode "we see some character development because ratchet isnt so grouchy" isnt good enough, it should be in every episode imo

but the inferior autobots who were originally a spacebridge team, who are lead by a nobody still end up winning against the universes biggest threat, megatron and his gang.....its like the home alone movies, theres no way a kid would really be able to outsmart those criminals, but by doing so the criminals look like jokes - just like the decepticons

what? Every show has character development, most of them have only decent development, some have really good, and others really bad but thats besides the point, if we were discussing those shows the same reason for disliking them could be brought up. Its not "suddenly" a big deal, its a big deal for any show that lacks in character development, and is a very valid reason for why someone might dislike the show.

Again, changing isnt what makes a character developed, its only one part. Bumblebee doesnt need to stop being cocky to have a developed character. Maybe learn why hes so cocky? that would be a nice first step

4. Optimus Sledge

Optimus Sledge Yar har fiddle di dee

Such as? I've asked this before and I don't think I'm being unreasonable. For a start, if you're claiming that TFA doesn't have character development, you can't claim that Every show has character development. But that's nitpicking. As I've said, character development just isn't a priority in the TV industry. So, show me some popular shows where the characters have developed. And to keep it fair, show me where that development has happened over two seasons.

Ah, so you're complaining that we haven't seen why Bumblebee's cocky. In a story that isn't finished yet. Yeah, that's not a logic flaw or anything. :rolleyes:  Of course, it's not character development either. That's backstory.

5. shroobmaster

News Credits:
    Nah, you do exaggerate, in a episode where the main villain is a Decepticon you'll just pick on the 20 seconds of human-villain number-two as signs of something you think is bad.

By the way TFA Autobots ain't soft, considering while the G1 Autobots had a entire army to beat 5 generic Decepticons at a time, they're REPAIR BOTS that do their best to evenly match pretty much the elite of the Decepticons, they're very hard-working and do they best instead of "Oh look, a Insecticon, let's gangbang him."

By the way, we do know why Bumblebee is cocky, his first experience at team-work was everybody being jerks to him for no good reason and he ended up getting some lousy repair job because he protected the only guy that was nice to him.

6. microclone

microclone Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    im more into Tf toys than any cartoon tie in. i find animated to be fun though flawed, i like the toys so much that i just had to watch the show. id say without doubt the weakest aspect and one that became tedious very quickly were the...............yes, you guessed it, the human villans, i didnt esp like them anyway and they took up way too much time, way too much.

i found the decepticon dialogue sections really atmospheric where megs is priming the others for eg. The descent into tomfoolery with the humans (and to a lesser extent with the autobots) was less welcome, I like a bit of comedy but it pushes the 'silly' aspect a bit too far.

out with the humans and in with the bots.

7. shroobmaster

News Credits:
    Season 2 had almost nothing about human villains anyway, they were just used until Megatron would show up, now the writers only use 'em when they need somebody to get exploited by a Decepticon.

8. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout ...and I'll whisper "No."

News Credits:
    When you talk about Animated Autobots, that grouping includes Omega Supreme, who nuked half of the show's Decepticons and was present from the first 10 seconds of the show give or take.

Okay, going off this viewpoint, there's been ALOT of character development. Flashbacks for almost everybody, Ratchet opening up to Prime about the Great War, Bulkhead developing artistic talents, Prowl becoming a team player, etc.

Well, you froget to mention that when Megs goes to infiltrate the Autobot Ship that Starscream slaps a bomb onto Megs back that later destroys Megatron's cannon arm. That, and the two major Decepticon thugs; Blitzwing and Lugnut, are pretty much totaly loyal and totaly crazy morons. On top of all that, Megatron is orchastrating Decepticons throughout the galaxy, not just on puny earth, with his competent and cooler-looking minions.

Why he's so cocky? Here's why: he's the youngest 'bot in the entire show in terms of behavior, and likes to say he's the fastest guy in the show. Another reason: He's the major kid-appeal transformer, he has to be cocky (like Hot Shot before him). It's only been two seasons, I highly doubt BB will loose his cockyness untill season 6, if there ever is one.

9. soundwaveCA

soundwaveCA Veteran

News Credits:
    I keep reading how great TFA is but I still find it pretty generic and relatively boring and cookie-cutter. It's not bad but it's hardly anything great either.

10. Sideswipe80

Sideswipe80 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Animated is the greatest thing to happen since G1.

11. General Magnus

General Magnus Da Custodes of the Emprah

I like and to those who don´t fine by me. Just don´t go around shoving your opinions down my throat. Live and let live ya know.

12. tnasoundlug

tnasoundlug Well-Known Member

They are only 5 main guys in animated, 2 of them with only a repair crew background (and basic training), 1 veteran medic (but only medic, without a "real" weapon), 2 of them didn't finish they Military Training.

And the decpticons only lost by luck or witty of the heroes in most cases.

That is backstory, my friend :wink: 

I would dare to say that Animated has more characters with backstory than BW (and I love Beast Wars).

Actually, nop.

You see DC Animated during the Dinni-Era? The most powerfull or important villians don't appear in every episode, many actually don't engage in combat with the heroes.

13. Boy who screams

Boy who screams Banned

Evenly matched?
    Optimus took out the entire Deception force attacking Earth.
    The same Prime who got taken out by Laserbeak.

And the Animated 'Bots are dead 'ard for a backwater repair crew
    You miss his point. You bring up minor things like Prof. Princess, who is never a major thread, and use them as a basis for your entire argument and continue to repeat them over and over.
    Ummm...what?
    Development: Process in which something passes by degrees to a different stage (especially a more advanced or mature stage); "the development of his ideas took many years"; "the evolution of Greek civilization"; "the slow development of her skill as a writer"
    So...advance every single element of the show in 25 minutes?
    Instead of achieving the same outcome, but with proper time and devotion given to characters in spotlight episodes.

Clever.
    Ok.
    1.You complain there isn't enough character development, but this point contradicts that.
    2.The bad guys are only defeated after extreme effort, or not at all, (see Home Alone and Blitzwing)
    3.So you want the good guys to just completely lose? In a children's show? That'll go down well with the kids...
    "Hey mum! Today I learnt that if you want to win, you have to be utterly heartless, strong, cruel and carry around big guns and swords!"
    But Animated doesn't have character development? So it isn't a TV show. But it is a TV show...
    ANIMATED IS A PARADOX!!! IT'LL TEAR THE UNIVERSE APART!!!!!

14. transmetal2dinobot

transmetal2dinobot Sub-Commander

Ebay:
    didn't we already go over this in the other thread?
    sometimes i gotta wonder if people aren't going around creating fake accounts just to stir up other users

15. Boy who screams

Boy who screams Banned

Heh. Yeah...

But damn it, I have way too much fun arguing!

16. Gryph

Gryph Action Master

News Credits:
    Yes. Yes it is all that. It is also a bag of chips.

17. Boy who screams

Boy who screams Banned

Has anyone else realised that the word 'cock', or some variant thereof has been used an absurd amount in this thread?

And no it isn't all that, it's all this.

18. Feralstorm

Feralstorm Good Morning, Weather Hackers! TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    How about instead of being "All that", it's "all you need".

... unless you're Bottom Out.

19. MushroomPrime

MushroomPrime ******

News Credits:
    This. Animated has never been considered to be the best in my mind. Watch a series like Beast Wars, or even Beast Machines. These had the components of awesome, TFA is good, but you can tell you're watching a show designed for 4-7 year old boys, with minor fanwaks here and there.

20. ThaConqueror

ThaConqueror Rock! Robot Rock!

It's what...you need..OOH it's what...it's what you need! What you need!

*I apologise for the random INXS interlude. You may return to your regularly scheduled argument*