Is TF: Animated On Par With The G1 Cartoon?

Discussion in 'Transformers Animated Discussion' started by GrimlockAutobot, Sep 24, 2008.

1. GrimlockAutobot

GrimlockAutobot Me No Bozo Me King!!

News Credits:
    IMO TF: Animated is on par with the original G1 cartoon series. I'd have to say the stories, the characters, the writing, etc. make it at least equal to G1. Not to mention the toys which are absolutely chocked with fully loaded, fantastical 100% pure WIN. I haven't felt this way about a TF cartoon show since G1. I feel like a kid again.

My top three shows would be G1, Animated, and Beast Wars. they would be ranked something like this: G1=TF Animated > Beast Wars. (Beast Wars is runnimg a close second.)

So what do you think? Are G1 and Animated equal? Why or why not?

2. ad0nis01

ad0nis01 Well-Known Member

I agree with you. To me G1 will always be the best series but I have to say that animated is on par with G1. Animated definitely has a better dialogue.

3. Nachtsider

Nachtsider Banned

News Credits:
    I think Animated is greater than the G1 cartoon. Stronger plots, better characterization, great dialog and superior animation make it that way in my book.

Mind you, though, I'm a guy who never, ever considered the G1 cartoon to be anything hot - even as a kid way back then. It was the Marvel comics that introduced me to Transformers and gave me my strongest/fondest memories.

4. Dark_Convoy

Dark_Convoy Old Bastard Veteran

I think the stories and characters in Animated blow G1 out of the water. The only things I don't like about Animated are the character designs and animation style - other than that it's probably the best Transformers cartoon ever.

5. shroobmaster

shroobmaster Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I enjoy Animated alot more than G1 and I like the characters alot more too so yeah.

6. Yaujta

Yaujta Not a Bear TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    For it's time, G1 was innovative and well done. Watching it now is just painful. The sound effects are the same ones used for GI Joe, Spiderman, Fantastic Four, Justice League... and just get OLD after about a minute or so. Also, it's hard listening to the same voice actors over and over and over again.
    Animated on the other hand, is truly innovative and intelligent. The designs may not be for everyone, but it's the genre. Look at Samurai Jack. The animation is odd, to say the least, but it still stands as one of the best written cartoons ever.
    Also, the voice acting isn't over the top and repetitive (although, Patrick Star's voice on Bulkhead is unnerving sometimes).
    For me:
    1. TFA
    2. Beast Wars
    3. G1

7. Dremare

Dremare Had an Epiphany

I think TFA fares well with G1, except for the whole minute and 5 seconds TFA Prime died. That's makes TFA a bit worse than G1, but not much.

8. Magelite

Magelite I make stupid look good

TFA fares far above G1 to me. So does Beast Machines and R.I.D for that matter.

9. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    Animated is much much better than G1, imo, and is the best thing since RID, which is still my favorite TF show ever made.

10. Silent_Magnus

Silent_Magnus Taint of Primus

News Credits:
    At least they got it out of the way in the pilot.

Not wait three years so the kids are really emotional attached.

11. PanadynePowered

PanadynePowered Hyper Zoanoid

G1 always was my favorite and will always have its special place, but now I like Animated better. One of the main reasons is that the merchandise actually matches up to the cartoon. The G1 toys, though special in their own way, are just terrible in comparison to the toys now. Also, the quality of animation was lets say, sloppy in G1 (What with some characters dispensing others' lines, starscream changing color all the time, etc.)

Animated is my new favorite with most of the Japanese series and Beast Machines at the bottom.

12. Ramrider

Ramrider TF Art Lad

What he said. Except it was the toys that hooked me first, but the comics came close behind.

13. swarlock

swarlock Autobot Supporter

It's on par with G1 to me. You have to remember when it started back then. They didn't know they were making history.

14. ams

ams Generation All Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I find both G1 and TFA to be 70% cool and 30% ridiculous... so yes, I'd say pretty much on par with each other.

15. Lock Cade

Lock Cade Tarn Fangirl TFW2005 Supporter

In my opinion, G1 and Animated are the best of the TF series ever produced. Animated is more or less equal in greatness to G1... after all, G1 is the one that started the whole thing.

16. Rumble02

Rumble02 Radicon of Obliticons

to me so many things are far better than g1. animated is far superior

17. jourdo

jourdo TFW2005 Supporter

Ebay:
    So far, I would say yes. The stories and character development are really good. Actually... there is character development... which is nice.

18. Takara_destron

Takara_destron Mainly lurking these days

Ebay:
    Cartoon-wise most definatly. Possibly even better.

19. Moroni Prime

Moroni Prime #TFYLP Podcast

News Credits:
    Yes, yes, and more yes. If anything it has already surpassed it with it's improved storylines, overall continuing storyarc, and character development. That is not to say that G1 wasn't good, but Animated is better.

20. Valkysas

Valkysas Attack Buffalo

News Credits:
    its not on par, it's far better. animation quality is better, style is more entertaining, characters are more interested and actually develop over time, and the story quality blows G1 out of the water.