Is Takara going to release Animated Arcee?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by neek_buster, Feb 17, 2010.

1. neek_buster

neek_buster The One Man Army

News Credits:
    I've never heard anything about this, so I just wondering is takara going to release animated arcee? I just give up looking for it, every TRU I've didn't have it, and the ebay price and collectible stores that sell it cost almost as takara's animated deluxe. So if takara going to release it, I just better off waiting for it. So is there any conformation about the release?

2. mineraljane

mineraljane Gravity Hugger

News Credits:
  3. Th0r4z1n3

Th0r4z1n3 The F*cking Lizard King! Veteran

News Credits:
    Got beat to the answer, but it is a relief... I'm never gonna find the TRU version here in the states. Just the gas money I'd spend alone is gonna justify importing it, the closest TRU to me is about an hour's drive each way. If I happen to be in the area and find one that'd be cool but if not I've had my preorder in for a bit already.

4. Arcee's_Boy

Arcee's_Boy Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Somebody correct me if I am wrong but I believe the Takara Version of TFA are available for pre-order at BBTS. It says they should arrive in April,

Here is the link for them:

Transformers Animated Toys, Action Figures, and Collectibles at BigBadToyStore

Arcee is among them. $27.99 isn't bad compared to what some are paying on Ebay for the TRU ones. I got one at TRU but I plan on getting one of these too.

Hope that helps!

5. Galaxy Convoy

Galaxy Convoy Well-Known Member

Yeah, considering Ebay prices, $28 ain't too bad.

6. MagnusPrimal

MagnusPrimal Well-Known Member

Thank you, I just preordered one. I'd prefer to find the TRU version, but so far that's not working out so well.

7. Mr. Sparklebot

Mr. Sparklebot 'Til All Are Juan

News Credits:
    I'd love to buy the TRU version, but it seems it's in rather short supply, or getting scalped. It was released last Friday in my area, then disappeared as soon as it was sighted.

So Takara may be the way to go.

8. mineraljane

mineraljane Gravity Hugger

News Credits:
    Yeah, it's unfortunate that the Takara release is more than 30 days away else it would be listed as a pre-order right now on eBay and would severely reduce the market, if not eliminate the motivation, for scalpers. Anyhow, members of this board should at least be protected from the silly prices (over $40?) for a single Deluxe Arcee.

9. planetjacker

planetjacker Critters burn real good. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    My question is what will the Takara paint scheme look like. If it is the some parts metallic some not I would rather have the Hasbro.

10. chrisr291

chrisr291 Master of the Unknown

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Not that I would scalp but how much is Arcee selling for on ebay? my TRU had 5 in stock and I only purchased one.

11. Arcee's_Boy

Arcee's_Boy Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Just thought I would share some information with you guys on Animated Arcee. I stopped by TRU on my way home yesterday to see if they had any, they didn't but the employee who was in the section told me to go to the website listing for the item and click on the additional info tab and get the Item number. She said that I can just call and they will be able to tell if they have any. She also said they were getting in a truck on Thursday.

So I called this morning and they looked it up and said they did not get any. They also said that their Distribution Center is out of them, which makes sense since they sold out when they were posted on TRU website in 2 hours. They said that they would not expect to see any more in the stores until the DC is replinished so it may be a while.

I think I will just go ahead and pre-order the Takara version from BBTS and give up stalking my local TRU's.

Just thought I would pass this along to everyone.

In case anyone is interested Arcee's item number in TRU's system is:

Item #: 493859

Here is the link that you can only get to if you have it, TRU took it down when they sold out.

Transformers Animated Deluxe Action Figure - Arcee - Hasbro - Toys "R" Us

Also here is the link to BBTS to pre-order her if you want.

Japanese Transformers Animated - TA12 Archi (Arcee) - Transformers Animated Japanese Figures at BigBadToyStore

Hope the info helps!

12. MagnusPrimal

MagnusPrimal Well-Known Member

I'm just so tired of "the hunt" that I may stick with my preorer on BBTS and not even bother going to TRU to look for Arcee. It just wastes too much time and effort looking for this (and other toys), when for slightly more money I can get it at BBTS and not worry about it.