Is Takara allowed to release Hasbro exclusives?

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Batman, Jul 7, 2007.

1. Rama Sha

Rama Sha Tosche Station Pimp

Ebay:
    I think they could....if they changed them. After all we have released their covention exclusives (Reissue Hoist, Skywarp and Thundercracker) before. Turn about is fair play.

2. LigerPrime

LigerPrime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Actually, since I live in Asia...I will keep my eyes and ears especially open...I've never purchased a bootleg TF but if the quality of a KO Thundercracker is good enough...XD

3. G.B. Blackrock

G.B. Blackrock Autobot Ally

News Credits:
    Yet the pipe dreams continue....

Incidentally, to said dreamers, the FP remolds are owned by FP, not Hasbro or Takara. Takara doesn't even have ACCESS, let alone permission, to use them (after they've been used by the factories to produce the exclusive toys in the first place, of course).

On top of that, the remolds are made with materials that degrade more quickly than usual molds, so they're not at all likely to still EXIST for anyone who wanted to use them (assuming that they could even lay their hands on them) to use them.

So no one should expect Takara, or anyone else, to be coming out with a new Dirge or Thrust based on the FP molds, in ANY color scheme.

4. G.B. Blackrock

News Credits:
    I think I can categorically say that it's never happened with a BotCon exclusive. Anyone who wishes to prove otherwise is welcome to try.

5. ChrisW

ChrisW Well-Known Member

Well, Dirge and Thundercracker just used the standard Ramjet and Starscream/Skywarp molds, so presumably Takara would have access to those. No remolded Thrust wings, though, unless they made their own. And since Takara seems to have no interest in the entire Classics line, they probably won't.

6. G.B. Blackrock

News Credits:
    Actually, Dirge wasn't meant to be there. Just Thrust. I left out Thundercracker because there was no remolding, but didn't think Dirge through well enough when I typed that. My apologies.

7. Nevermore

Nevermore It's self-perpetuating a parahumanoidarianised!

News Credits:
    I don't think convention exclusive reissues of G1 toys count. Otherwise you could bring up Silverstreak, who was only ever reissued as a e-Hobby exclusive "anime" version (with black hood) and as a e-Hobby exclusive "chrome" version in Japan.

8. Rama Sha

Rama Sha Tosche Station Pimp

Ebay:
    I forgot about Silverstreak.

Although I don't know why they wouldn't count. They were convention exclusives over there and as far as I know that's the only place they've ever been released in Japan. (except Silverstreak) Don't really see what's so different about that and them releasing the Seekers. Seems like two sides of the same coin to me.

9. Nevermore

Nevermore It's self-perpetuating a parahumanoidarianised!

News Credits:
    Because they were reissues of toys both Hasbro and Takara had released before, rather than actually new toys/decos? The toys have been released before. If Takara re-releases Binaltech Smokescreen as a limited edition e-Hobby exclusive today, I doubt that would stop Hasbro from releasing their own reissue of the Alternators version.