Is Starscream the new Ironhide?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Bathawk, Jan 11, 2009.

1. Bathawk

Bathawk Well-Known Member

Hey all

I remember a few months ago when the previous wave started coming out of Sideswipe, Silverstreak, Ironhide and Acid Storm

three of those were fairly easy to find, but Ironhide in all his blue-faced glory was ridiculously hard to find. Now however he seems to be predominantly all I see of the previous wave on shelves

Now as various stores I see a LOT of Cheetors, a few hounds, and if I'm lucky a Cyclonus or two, but have yet to see Starscream anywhere yet

SO is this just history repeating itself? and we can excpect more 'Screamers over time?

2. salmonman78

salmonman78 Mordin, my hero

Yeah, been having a helluva drought as well. Wife found Hound and Cheetor for me on her trip to walmart today and were the last TF's on the shelf, but I will guess later in the month will be back to full pegs I hope.

3. Death333

Death333 Otherwise known as Dx3

News Credits:
    demand + short packed = failure

4. catch22

catch22 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    I haven't seen any of those on shelves yet, with the exception of one Cheetor. I'm glad I ordered them on HTS when they were still in stock, though I wouldn't mind finding an extra Cyclonus or two for painting.

5. MidnightBliss

MidnightBliss Well-Known Member

I too have the full wave except for Starscream. After the stores finish their resets I hope to see a better selection.

6. QmTablit

QmTablit Disguise: Check. Robot...

I have everything except for Cheetor, and that's because I don't want it. Didn't have much trouble finding any of the wave, though. I left the house, and within 2 hours and 3 different stores (2 WalMarts and a Target) I had all three figures.

Also lucked out late last week when I caught the case on the pallet. Simply asked if the lady "planned on shelving this case" and she opened it for me. So I bought myself a second Cyclonus for a bash project I have in mind. Might be buying a third as well.

Anyway, do I think Starscream is the same as last wave's Ironhide? Not really. But Cheetor's got a good shot at taking Acid Storm's pegwarming crown. Or even Dropshot's.

7. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Administrator News Staff

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    Starscream's a popular character. He's probably getting bought because he's Starscream by casual fans who don't know the others.

8. Feralstorm

Feralstorm I ship Nick & Judy TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I haven't noticed any one of that wave being that much harder to find than another (except Cheetor, who kinda languishes)

9. QmTablit

QmTablit Disguise: Check. Robot...

Yeah. I'm having a harder time finding Animated Blurr than any of Universe Wave 4.

10. heshanj

heshanj Banned

News Credits:
    over here, ive not seen many hounds around retail.. plenty of cheetors and now, dinobot. frustrated the hell out of me when i was searching for hound/cyclonus/smokescreen..coz these beast figures are probably the only universe figures i can say no to

11. TCracker

TCracker おもちゃは今とても暑いです

News Credits:
    Over here, we don't even have Hound, Cheetor and Cyclonus on retail yet. I opted for ebay and henkei instead. Farking Hasbro Malaysia. Starscream? Methinks probably by mid of this year. Farking Hasbro Malaysia - again.

12. Sage o' G-fruit

Sage o' G-fruit Critics gonna critique

News Credits:
    No Screamer, No Cyclonus, No Hound, No Blurr, No Swindle, No Landmine, no nothing.

Slag. Good thing the only toys I really want now are Deluxes, and since I usually shop at Target, I can get all the ones I want for bout $42 instead of $60.

13. NGW

NGW Rawr

News Credits:
    If I'd known Screamer was so hard to find, I think I would have picked him up over Cheetor the other day. But Cheetor was the newer mold, and I really kinda wanted to give him a fair shot, and I ended up liking the figure well enough, even with the backpack and arm kibble. But I can't say I think SS is comparable to Ironhide, as I never had problems finding him, never bought him..but could always find him.

14. Grimwing

Grimwing Scientist Supreme

News Credits:
    What? My store got one case so far. I left the cheetors.

Ironhide probably is'nt being picked up because we all want to troop build the silver version. The new starscream has no such problems (and may I add the white is glorious)

Frankly the deluxe pegs in my area are crammed with animated: Jazz, blackarchnia, cyb optimus, soundwave, ratchet, lockdown, oil slick, oil slick, and OIL SLICK.

voyager space? bulkhead, grimlock, lugnut and blitzwing 4 each.

Its so full of animated universe pegs usually have to be covered up with animated toys.
    They ordered way to much animated for christmas. I've had all those figures since may!

15. Robogeek28

Robogeek28 Who're you calling a geek?

News Credits:
    I've seen plenty of all that wave.

16. gargunkle

gargunkle someone

Last night I saw four Cheetors and two each Starscream, Hound, Cyclonus at one store, and at another, two Cheetors and one Acid Storm (but none of the other three). I had actually been under the impression that Cyclonus would be the hard to find one. Hard to say.

17. Cyberjet #7

Cyberjet #7 Banned

Ironhide was indeed short-packed, but I haven't heard or seen anything about the TFU Deluxe Wave 4 figures being short-packed. If anything, I see equal numbers of each figure when they're first pulled from the case. Then after a few days, there's no Cyclonus, one or two Hound and SS, and a pack of Cheetors.

18. Nightwind

Nightwind Aka Dusty Bottoms.

I actually opened a case of this wave that I saw on a pallet at Wal-Mart a couple of weeks ago and I can confirm that Starscream is not short-packed. There were two of each figure in the box. I will agree that he's probably more recognizable to the general public and as a result get's purchased a little faster. Cyclonus is definitely no slouch either...

19. ExVeeBrawn

ExVeeBrawn Three dollar Nazi

News Credits:
    Jets are awesomer than a cheetah, and a cheetah is maybe a little cooler than the green jeep. I observed this the very first time I found any of wave 4, where nothing remained of Starscream or Cyclonus, while two of Hound and a Cheetor were still there. Though since then all of wave 4 seems to be hanging around pretty reliably, but the pattern I originally saw is consistent with previous trends in Child Interest.

Good thing Starscream looks appealing in vehicle mode - the robot mode is really boring this time. A good lesson that old cartoon color layouts don't work very well on real objects.

20. Red Alert

Red Alert Security

News Credits:
    Is acid storm a warmer?

I would say it is Galvatron over acid storm.