Is Sentinal Prime crazy?

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by ShokWave 44, Jul 3, 2011.

1. ShokWave 44

ShokWave 44 Active Member

Ok so i know that Sentinel was going to betray the autobots from the start but a few things dont add up
    - Why doesnt he take command when prime asks him?
    - Why is he the one who calls the attack on chicago, thats awfully evil for someone who is doing this because he has to, not wants to
    - he keeps bringing up "we were gods once" which once again is pretty selfish
    - he calls earth a beautiful planet yet later decides to strip it for parts
    - "When will you learn the needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few" ummm....at max theres like 230 tfs left and as Dylan mentions 6 billion of us
    I sort of think Sentinel had a glitch in his programing, maybe from the impact or exposure to those pillars. At first he seems like just an ass but he contradicts himself alot. any thoughts on this? i know most people will blame it on bad writing but i think it might be possible
    Also anyone notice if your name is Sentinel Prime that you end up being a total jerk ahaha cept g1 i think, dont know much about that.

Last edited: Jul 3, 2011
  2. darkeclipse

darkeclipse Active Member

yes Sentinel Prime is crazy

3. ErbFan28

ErbFan28 Go Dennis Erb Jr. #28!!!

News Credits:
    No, he just has a few bolts loose

4. Overlord Balder

Overlord Balder Voices Slugslinger!

He still had some principles left.
    That or he was trying to sound trustworthy to Optimus.

He wants to enslave mankind, Chicago is just a piece of scrap for him.

You know, he kind of has a point on that one [I.e mankind despises or simply tollerate the Autobots, while on Cybertron they would be heroes].

He was trying to fool Optimus.

He likes TFs more than humans so he doesn't count them on that equation, besides, restoring Cybertron [that was about one hundrend times bigger than Earth] would bring back all the TF society, composed of trillions of TFs.

5. Stryker055

Stryker055 Josh Boyfriend

Because he had no reason to. He was already greatly respected by the Autobots, but it's not like that would make them instantly join with Sentinel instead of Optimus. It just would've been unnecessary for Sentinel.

He does want to do it. He has little regard for humankind (moreso than Megatron, but still not as much as Optimus), and Chicago is nothing to him.

Not really. He brought up a pretty good line that I'm surprised hasn't gotten much discussion, saying "Here, they call us machines!". The Transformers are not easily regarded as actual living beings by humans due to their mechanical structure. If I was in his position, I'd be a bit irritated as well.

I'm reminded of the old Ultra Magnus quote... "This is the most beautiful thing I have every seen... alright, give me the bomb."

He saw the beauty of Earth, but felt it needed to be sacrificed in order to bring Cybertron back. I mean, Jupiter's awful pretty, but if we needed to strip it down for the survival of Earth, we'd probably see it as a necessary sacrifice.

Think of it as you are Sentinel Prime and the humans are the ant population of the world. Despite the numbers, you're going to disregard that and consider your fellow race to be superior. Same thing as above; Sentinel did not care much for humans, because they were quite low on his priority list compared to "Saving Home Planet".

He's not crazy, he just has morality issues.

6. Ribieconvoy

Ribieconvoy It's pronounced "ribby"

News Credits:
    Sentinel had to keep his deal secret. If he said to Optimus "Yeah I'll take the matrx it'll be helpful when I take this beautiful planet over," Optimus would've scrapped him right there, one on one. As for the last one, Cybertron isn't dead yet in the movie continuity (is it?) I think it isn't), it just needs to be rebuilt from the war. There were about 200 Decepticons hiding ON EARTH.

7. RedWolf

RedWolf Well-Known Member

Sentinel Prime accuses Optimus Prime that he wasn't ready to make the hard decisions. Lets face it to rebuild Cybertron the Autobots need the Decepticons.

Accusing Optimus a Honor before Reason guy. When in fact it is Sentinel who is this.

Cybertron is an obsession for Sentinel. He worked hard for its peace and prosperity handing over the reigns of power.... Then all hell because Megatron chose the Fallen's side.

8. Overlord Balder

Overlord Balder Voices Slugslinger!

Never has "Live long and Prosper!" sounded.

I can imagine Sentinel shouting "LIVE LONG AND PROSPER [TO CYBERTRON]!" as a "HEIL HITLER" kind of thing.

9. Gordon_4

Gordon_4 The Big Engine

News Credits:
    That's a really disturbing perversion of one of the greatest sentiments to come out of one of science fictions most enduring characters......
    ...though I cannot deny the image isn't fascinating.

Sentinel wants to repair his home, and reunite his people and he's willing to enslave/murder an entire race and strip mine a world with a sapient population to do it. A race that by his measure is primitive and backwards: he's not crazy, he's just being pragmatic. To a point I guess.

10. Chopperface

Chopperface Holtzmanned

News Credits:
    Sentinel let his "For the greater good" philosophy cloud his judgement, and ultimately drove him mad and desperate to restore Cybertron. Much like Lotso from Toy Story 3, he was once a benevolent figure, until what he valued most was taken from him (Lotso's Daisy, Sentinel's Cybertron). This caused Sentinel to snap and believe he could be evil, but in the end it would be for the better. Lotso believed that he was saving toys from being thrown out like the trash they were by locking them up at Sunnyside.

In the end, both Lotso and Sentinel's subordinate turned on them when they realized their deceit and treachery (Sentinel would take command from Megatron, Big Baby learned that Daisy only replaced Lotso and not him).

As for the Matrix, really, Sentinel didn't need it at the moment. Why murder Optimus and take the Matrix when the world is pro Autobot for the most part and the Decepticons are scattered, when later, the odds are better? No doubt Sentinel would retake the Matrix, but since the Space Bridge was his priority, he would have the Matrix as his second priority. All the Decepticons needed the Matrix for was to revive Sentinel to get the Space Bridge.