Is Sector 7 truly gone?

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by RedWolf, Jun 6, 2010.

1. RedWolf

RedWolf Well-Known Member

Sector 7 a secret government agency, so secret that the rest of the government don't know who they are, tasked in dealing and reverse engineer NBE's.

That's one face. But from Simmon's statement modern technology reversed engineered from Megatron suggests some private sector involvement. Meaning they don't necessarily get most of their checks from the government.

What if Sector 7 still exist but now out of government control?

Oh on Simmons , for being such a basket case, I'd think any descent clandestine group would cut him loose.

2. FanimusMaximus

FanimusMaximus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    First it was Sector 7, Then It was N.E.S.T.
    Only Bay knows whats going to be in the next movie
    Probably A.N.T.
    Anti-
    Nonbiological-exterrestrial
    Team

3. DarthMagnificus

DarthMagnificus Banned

at the end of the first movie...the defense secretary announced that sector 7 was disbanded...now that does not mean folks that worked in that agency were not reassigned to other gov projects...but the agency as a whole is gone...

4. Lock Cade

Lock Cade Tarn Fangirl TFW2005 Supporter

Yes, Sector 7 was disbanded right at the end of the first movie, and was replaced by NEST.

5. Moy

Moy Constructicons!

News Credits:
    yup.

6. Coeloptera

Coeloptera Big, bad beetle-bot

No. That's insane and intensely stupid. The man has decades of intel on secret ops that the mainline of the government wasn't even aware of. He has firsthand knowledge and experience with alien technology and in fact, knows secrets about technological development most of the world is not privy to.

Cutting him loose without a pension or surveillance is the height of stupidity (or just lazy and bad writing because the audience is stupid, right?) because of those facts. The man could write his ticket anywhere on Earth and compromise US security like that. He could name his price to foreign interests, private companies, or any organization of "contractors" he would want.

But that would involve thinking about the actions shown in the script. We all know it's not done that way.

- Coeloptera

7. Roadtrack

Roadtrack Well-Known Member

I don't think Sector 7 is gone. It still exists in secret. This is where Patrick Dempsey's role will come in play. He is the leader of the Sector 7 remnants that still want the Transformers off the planet by any means.

8. G1Optimal

G1Optimal Autobot

News Credits:
    Probably Not, Truly Gone as the topic says..

although i can't explain in exact detail why, but....
    even though "Simmons" was no longer working for Sector 7 he still had files (let say acquired :D ) from S7.

So what is stopping others doing the same in ether Good or Bad ways with other things that ether S7 Had or/and Did??:confused: 

and now, i am starting to think that "NEST" could just only be a joint operations between Earth Military and Autobot's to find and protect earth from Decepticon's and as such, Sector 7 could still exist in another form "even" if it is not controlled/known by the government???

not sure exactly why, but i always had a feeling, the name Sector 7 had something to do not only because of the first 7 who found it.. but, also because it was in Sector 7 of Hoover (i think) Dam :crazy: :lol 

9. janeDoe001

janeDoe001 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Well in the movie Simmons also stated that the agency/government said he was obsessed. That could've been a main reason why he was let go. Poor guy though. He must be the Waspinator of his planet.

jD001

10. MrByatis

MrByatis Questioning Rumble

News Credits:
    Not unless Simmons runs it from the basement of a Deli

11. janeDoe001

janeDoe001 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I didn't say their 'terminating' Simmons was foolproof. :lol 

jD001

12. Darthbane2007

Darthbane2007 Well-Known Member

I always assumed that the government just absorbed the remnants of Sector Seven into the US Government and just rebranded it as NEST. No need to let almost 100 years worth of intel go to waste..