Is ROTf leader prime the last prime?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by awesomem131, Jul 11, 2010.

1. awesomem131

awesomem131 Well-Known Member

Well since the mold was pretty movie accurate and stuff what's the point of getting another unless they perfect it and stuff with the trailer and all that let's just hope this time we get more phrases

2. TechNoMad

TechNoMad Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    I think that ROTF leader Prime is on par with Masterpiece quality. I think it would be cool if Hasbro releases the trailer separately, and is compatible with ROTF leader Prime. But I am sure that TF3leader Prime will have some new gimmick, if not a new weapon then a trailer hook that will be compatible with TF3 Leader Prime only. I can see a loss of sales for Hasbro this way. On the other hand I can see a very empty wallet too. How much would a leader Prime and Trailer cost? Yikes is the answer and yet it will sell. I can also see a combo of this on a voyager scale with a leader price tag too.

3. Insane Galvatron

Insane Galvatron is not insane. Really!

News Credits:
    The leader Prime in the next movie will be the new Voyager Prime mold ( that looks more like ROTF leader ) with a trailer he can combine with. That is my prediction anyway.

4. grimlock1972

grimlock1972 "No Mas" My Wallet

News Credits:
    nope I agree with Insane Galvatron and i hope they improve the arm transformation from ROTF Leader to lessen the frustration factor.

5. Haloid1177

Haloid1177 Hey, That's Pretty Good TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I hope we get a Supreme class Prime for TF3, that way we get a Leader Prime with a trailer that is a good size. If the Prime turns out to be similar to Buster Prime, it is even better.

6. OMEGAPRIME1983

OMEGAPRIME1983 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I can see them improving on the leader prime a little bit if they really wanted to. It'll just be a matter of what they decide to do.

7. harrismonkey

harrismonkey Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I have no doubt we'll see at least a slight repainting/retooling. But will it be anything worth getting excited about? Probably not.

Unless of course the idea of the trailer becoming battle armor is revisited. But even then I see them retooling the mold a bit rather than starting from scratch. So unless leader Prime in battle armor is more impressive than him attaching to jetfire last time (I've done it once), I won't likely spend money on that.

What does worry me a bit is Takara's new MP movie line. I could see them giving him rubber tires, articulated fingers, those last few paint aps Buster still out to have, the trailer and charging $200 for it.

Would I buy that? Maybe. I never bought MP Prime with the trailer. I couldn't justify spending that kind of money when I already had 80% of the toy. Problem is that Buster Prime is one of my favorite Transformers ever, and because of that I've already bought both the japanese and Chinese releases.

8. Wheeljack_Prime

Wheeljack_Prime Don't eat me

News Credits:
    I'm kinda hoping that the trailer is a bot by himself, and he will get a supreme toy to go with any leader prime.

9. Lock Cade

Lock Cade Tarn Fangirl TFW2005 Supporter

I doubt ROTF Leader Prime is the last Leader Prime figure for the Movie-verse toy lines.

I'm sure, since he has his trailer in TF3 and they said that they were making some changes to his appearance, that there will be a new Leader Prime figure for the TF3 toy line.

10. reptileman

reptileman Well-Known Member

All I want is a more accurate transformation.Maybe making the grill go up to the chest and not under the feet.But yeah,they will make more prime figures and do repaints of them.

11. ectoneon

ectoneon Well-Known Member

If they do make a new one, I just want a normal face with faceplate option. They did it with cybertron and animated-why not here-where it makes sense?

12. Dolza_Khyron

Dolza_Khyron Well-Known Member

hell no, they'll be milking prime until we are all long dead, and you know that :lol 

13. jorod74

jorod74 Psycholagnist (Ret.)

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    this is like asking if Pac Man will ever run out of yellow pellets to eat.
    there's always going to be room for one more.
    and they will make sure we get it.

14. Rodimus Mike

Rodimus Mike I Drank What?

Ebay:
    Depending on certain things I think after the movies are done the movie primes will be
    to since Hasbro will want to make new stuff.As for the other topics about Leader Prime I
    have some thoughts about those like:

1.If he comes with the trailer then he'll probably be Supreme size so prime and his trailer
    are sold as a set and not individually.
    2.As for price that depends largely on whether his trailer can transform as well into
    armor or not,but if it does then probably be around $65 or $70 for it.
    3.The part about whether his trailer being inter-changeable with ROTF leader prime or
    not will depend on that.

15. OMEGAPRIME1983

OMEGAPRIME1983 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    @ harrismonkey: there's a chinese release of buster prime??? How much and where can one aqcuire this?!?!

16. awesomem131

awesomem131 Well-Known Member

I was just thinking that maybe hasbro will do leader prime a little bit different than rotf prime u.U know cuz he's supposed to look "more heroic"so who knows or maybe hasbro will take the easy way out like they did with the voyager mold with th 1st two movies.Just paint the leader mode darker colors and add some Chinese symbols

17. Maximo Prime

Maximo Prime Bassist of Ill Repute

Ebay:
    dude, punctuation, please... i'm no grammar nazi but your posts make my eyes hurt. i mean ya no offense. a period once in a while.

EDIT: to stay on topic... there will most likely be several Transformers 3: This Time It's Personal toys, and i'd bank on a leader one.

18. Ziero

Ziero TFW2005 Supporter

I can totally see Hasbro releasing Buster Prime here as a single Leader toy and then doing a Supreme Prime with new mold cab and trailer or something like that. I mean, if they don't make a Supreme Optimus Prime with his trailer turning into something, it would be a complete waste of an excellent opportunity. Their last two supreme toys were nothing to write home about, but a Leader scale Prime with transforming Trailer armor...that would be down right epic.

p.s. it still bugs me to no end that Hasbro never brought the Buster Prime/Black Jetfire two pack over here :( 

Last edited: Jul 12, 2010
  19. Ruination04

Ruination04 8 Years Old Since 1984!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I hope they do a Truck/trailer combo for the 3rd movie. I will so buy it!! I don't care if it's voyage or leader-sized...

20. kajobaldisimo

kajobaldisimo Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    no.