is rotf brawn worthgetting

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by jetfire4321, Mar 19, 2010.

1. jetfire4321

jetfire4321 Banned

hi guys im just asking this question because theres complaints about him like those wings and some good things like hes got a g1 brawn homage .so i just want to is he worth picking up????

2. Xaedrahk

Xaedrahk Prime-otions!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    IMO, he's only worth it if you're trying to get every ROTF figure or all the ROTF figures that were originally featured prominently in the G1 cartoon.

Otherwise he's a shellformer in about the worst way possible. The panels don't fold away at all and just kind of hang there on hinges. Furthermore; they all get in the way of each other. Topping that off, the guns don't particularly stand out as actual weapons. The design of them doesn't feel complete somehow.

I will say however; I love the hoof design he's got going with his legs.

3. jetfire4321

jetfire4321 Banned

so are you saying its crap or its fine

4. Paxtin

Paxtin ...

I'll put it this way, if you like the RID Car bros figures, then you'll like ROTF Brawn just fine.

He is a good figure, just maybe not the best of the line.

5. Xaedrahk

Xaedrahk Prime-otions!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I'm saying it largely depends on why you'd be buying him. I don't regret getting him, but if I knew what he was like before I purchased him I might've passed the first time around and waited until he was on sale.

...and gotten Lockdown instead :p 

6. Waverider

Waverider Supreme Dude

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    I like him and he was worth my money.

7. Stune

Stune Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I really like him, in fact I find him more appealing than most of the other NEST Deluxes. He's almost like a reshell of TFTM Stockade in some ways. He's far less shellformer than most say, the only bits that really are are his side doors. Everything else folds up nice against his body and gives the illusion of Body armor.

8. Doug

Doug Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I bought Brawn several weeks ago when I had a chance. The figure is hard to find where I live.

Far as quality is concern, I have not open him.

9. Grimlock_13

Grimlock_13 Currently facepalming at your post

News Credits:
    Definitely worth getting. The kibble isn't nearly as horrible as everyone makes it out to be. Brawn is insanely poseable so if that's something you want then look no further than Brawn. It's MUCH more articulated than Ratchet or Lockdown.

10. jetfire4321

jetfire4321 Banned

thanks i might pick him up or lockdown depending on who is at the store with my soundwave vs bb pack

11. Seawing

Seawing Lurker of the depths Moderator

News Credits:
    He's actually more of an homage to the GI Joe Steel Brigade figure than G1 Brawn.

Despite that he is a pretty cool figure. While he does suffer from the door wings on the back, which is a minor quibble IMO, he is very well armed and articulated and looks lots better than the usual ROTF aesthetic. Plus he doesn't have the floppy rubber problems (hook, wheel spikes, left hand) of ROTF Lockdown.

12. Zress Tayasu

Zress Tayasu Axiom

I think most of the people calling him a shellformer don't remember Break. go plug that name into tfu.info and you'll see what a REAL shellformer is. :B

13. havanowoncheese

havanowoncheese Bloodsail Admiral

There is no doubt that brawn is a shellformer. I just got him today and i can look past that. I think both modes look great i also love the pistols personally. My biggest complaint is that there is no where in bot mode to store the pistols besides his hands. Minor complaint. I think he was well worth it.

14. jetfire4321

jetfire4321 Banned

. Plus he doesn't have the floppy rubber problems (hook, wheel spikes, left hand) of ROTF Lockdown.[/QUOTE]
    hold the phone your saying rotf lockdown has floppy spikes and left hand problems what the #$%& :mad: banghead:

15. Abrogate

Abrogate Nondescript Former Poster

News Credits:
    There's nothing wrong with Lockdown's spikes. His hands are made of rubber but they're not "floppy." If anything, loose balljoints are a bigger issue than the rubber.

16. springerbee

springerbee Well-Known Member

Heck yes you should him! His two handguns and big arms make him look like an action hero!

17. Xaedrahk

Xaedrahk Prime-otions!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    The balljoint thing isn't universally applicable though. The joints on mine are just fine. *has him doing a Ginyu Force pose with other Decepticons*

Overall on Brawn the verdict seems to come right down to opinion here. For some people, his shellishness is a bigger problem than it is for others, etc.

18. Auto Morph

Auto Morph Gimmick Bot

Kibble bugs me, and Brawn seems to have it in spades. However, I foresee that my completist nature will thwart me yet again and I will end up getting him.

Still, that said, I have seen some VERY cool pics of him around here where people have managed to angle him so the kibble is mostly hidden and he does look quite badass.

19. T-Logicon

T-Logicon assembles the drones

Yes, he's worth getting.

Last edited: Mar 19, 2010
  20. Seawing

Seawing Lurker of the depths Moderator

News Credits:
    Yeah now that I look at that, it can be confusing. I meant that the hook and spikes are made of soft, flexible plastic. Like used on ROTF Jetfire.