Is RiD Cliffjumper Worth It?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Soundbytes, Mar 2, 2012.

1. Soundbytes

Soundbytes Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Hey everyone, I'm heading to Target today and there's a good chance I'll run into some Prime figures there. I was really interested in Cliffjumper, but a lot of people seem to hate it. I know most people think it sucks compared to the FE, but considering the FE was never an option for me, and I'm not willing to pay the steep online prices, is RiD Deluxe Cliffjumper worth it?

2. Neekotron

Neekotron We're in Ratbat Country!

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    If you don't want the superior figure, then I guess?

Its really up to you. RID Cliff is ok, but FE Cliff is a much nicer figure. If you feel like you'll be happy with the RID, go for it.

3. Sludge

Sludge Forged to Fight username: Roybot

News Credits:
    I'm coming from the same point of view as you. FE Cliffy was never an option for me so I bought the PRID version. I like it. He's definitely not my favorite but he isn't bad at all. I'm happy with him and for $12.99 he's worth it in my opinion.

4. MisterFanwank

MisterFanwank Toy Industry Analyst

News Credits:
    It's a good figure. It has awesome legs, the arms are decent, though the hands are amazing, the transformation is fun and the car mode is sexy.

Many of the people who "hate" it are negatrons who blame the figure them them not getting the FE figure. I think RiD Cliffjumper outshines the FE figure in many aspects and is overall the superior figure.

5. Wheeljack_Prime

Wheeljack_Prime Don't eat me

News Credits:
    It doesn't look horrible, but it's going have to be repainted as Tailgate to get me to buy it.

6. Sludge

Sludge Forged to Fight username: Roybot

News Credits:
    Oh man, I had forgot that Tailgate looked like Cliffjumper!!! Thanks for the reminder. I smell a custom.

7. Thundershot

Thundershot The guy with 28 Sweeps

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I don't have the first edition one, but out of the 2 rid deluxes I own (CJ and WJ), I like how much more intuitive and held together they are compared to FE BB and Arcee.

8. Rexidus

Rexidus Autobot TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I own both. The FE Cliffjumper is simply divine. It's fantastic.

The PRID Cliffjumper is just okay. It's got its issues but it isn't horrible. I would always say that if you can swing it, get the FE. If you can't, PRID will do the job, just don't make him the centerpiece.

How ironic that I am working on said custom right now. Just giving the coat of paint a bit of time to dry before the next coat. :)  This is the sole reason I bought the figure.

9. Cracka J

Cracka J TURD PARTY DUMPSTERPIECE TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I didn't like it initially out of package, but he grows on you quickly, and I have to say I'm a fan of him now. And considering how much the alternative is I'd just say go for it.

10. CNCBrawl56

CNCBrawl56 TRU Commander

Ebay:
    Pretty much what this guy said, I have both, and let me tell you, they are both worth it for many reasons. PRID is stockier than FE, and even though PRID has a fake chest, it actually works fairly well, its a very decent well made figure.
    If the FE had not been made I believe the PRID version would be getting more praise than its getting. The car mode on the PRID is very sleek, I think the clear plastic helps the look of it and you don't have the issue of the hood being painted and being subject to thin paint or scratches to it, plus you gain waist articulation on the PRID.

So go for it dude, I believe you will not be disappointed

EDIT: The PRID also has this feature when you roll it it actually sounds like the car revving up because there are grooves on the inside of the wheel well and the middle of the tires are raised just a little bit to allow for this effect. Its actually really cool!

Last edited: Mar 2, 2012
  11. ersico

ersico Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    i really like him, at first, i was all ooooohhh about car mode which is still fantastic, but for me now, the bot mode is great, he has that factor about him that you just want to pick him up and constantly put him in different poses. he sits on my desk and is constantly being played with

12. PlanckEpoch

PlanckEpoch Just a regular old plumbus

News Credits:
    My problem with this is that Cliffy isn't supposed to be sleek! He's a classic American muscle car, and is supposed to imply toughness and power. Fast and speedy because of the big ass beefy engine under the hood...none of that aerodynamic BS that's a emphasis on modern cars.

Cliffy is a car that's supposed to look and sound tough.

13. AutoBobby

AutoBobby The Collector

He's really not that bad.It's just those hollow arms that bother me.

14. Brooticus

Brooticus "You bred Raptors?"

News Credits:
    I personally think that PRID Cliff looks the part, from the front at least. Its only when you start fiddling you notice the gaping holes in the forearms and back lower legs. If you can get over that, you'll love him. Alt mode, headsculpt, paint apps, poseability and overall quality are all excellent.

15. megatroptimus

megatroptimus Translatorminator

News Credits:
    Too many cheats and flaws on that toys. FE for the win.

16. Sinnertwin

Sinnertwin Banned

News Credits:
    I think he's stellar, I can't stop fiddling with the guy. Too much fun. His only flaw is his admittedly goofy arms. Personally, I think FE Cliff looks like a middle schooler trying to look tough in a fight, what with his wide shoulder length and puffed-out overly-large chest. FE's arms are obviously far superior, however. The PRID one, on the other hand, has far nicer proportions, I think, but as with all things, your mileage may vary.

17. havanowoncheese

havanowoncheese Proud No Ma'amer!

I only have the RID one and based on reviews its not as good as the FE but its a nice figure and plenty fun. If you do not want to drop the cash on the FE you will be plenty happy with the RID version.

18. Liam Prime

Liam Prime Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    id say so. he is nicely designed. the only thing i dont like about him is the fact he dosent have the wrist guns the FE version has.

but ye just get him hes nice and it will save you a bit of money.

19. Scorpion

Scorpion Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    He looks like a newer Dodge Challenger mashed with a 60's/70's era Dodge Charger...How much more American muscle car can you get?

20. Scorpion

Scorpion Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    There was a poll a while back about cheats and I was on the side of "eh cheats are ok"....BUT I am finding that the amount of cheats on the Prime figures is a little annoying. I think it's much more excusable for the really complex movie transformations, but since these aren't as complex it's a bit of an annoyance...