Is Reveal The Shield replacing just HFTD or Generations as well?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Viewfinder, Dec 21, 2010.

1. Viewfinder

Viewfinder Telecommunications

I was wondering if Reveal The Shield was replacing just the Hunt For The Deceptions only or replacing Generations as well?

The reason I'm asking this is because the Reveal The Shield figures have the same Target DPCI number as the Hunt For The Deceptions do, while Generations have a different Target DPCI number. Also both the Reveal The Shield and the Hunt For The Decepticons have very similar yellow cards so I can see how easy it would be to replace one with the other without many people noticing.

I thought that the Hunt For The Decepticons figures were mainly going to be movie style, while Generations was sort of a Classics 3.0. The new Reveal The Shield line seems to be mixing them, but I'm not sure if I like that idea.

I know that there are upcoming figures to be released on Generations cards, such as Kup, so are they going to be continuing the red Generations cards or switching entirely over to the yellow Reveal The Shield cards? The first wave of Reveal The Sheild was released before the next wave of Generations so maybe they are keeping both going at the same time. If that's the case it makes no sense for charaters like Jazz and Tracks to be released on the Reveal The Shield cards. They should have been on the Generations cards instead. That way we could have gotten them with painted faction symbols instead of rub symbols.

I really like the fact that the Generations figures have painted on faction symbols. I also like the fact that Reveal The Shield are bringing back the rub symbols like the first Classics line had. I just wish that they would combine the two. I think that the rub symbols work great in vehicle mode, but I don't like where they are placed it robot mode, especially if they are located on the robot's chest. I usually move them from their factory placement and replace them with colored faction symbols when this occurrs.

Either way I'm still very happy to be able to get updated versions of my favorite G1 characters.

2. AutoBobby

AutoBobby The Collector

Pretty sure it just replaces HFTD.

3. TFcollecterguy

TFcollecterguy Well-Known Member

It's kinda strange acutally, It is replacing HFTD because I guess they are trying to merge that and Generations. As there are generations style figures in that line and movie style. At the same time generations is fading away and mixing with a movie line. So, a way to give what the kids want, and what the fans want at the same time. Which to me seems pretty smart.

4. Foster

Foster Super Mod

News Credits:
  5. Anguirus

Anguirus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Why on earth are people flipping out over this all over again? Old news, both lines are continuing for now (at least until DotM), and there's no reason for it to "disturb" anyone as far as I can tell.

6. Wollstone

Wollstone Banned

HFTD, RTS, and Generations are all part of the same "Transformers" line. RTS is just replacing HFTD as the promotional gimmick. Generations isn't going anywhere.

7. Viewfinder

Viewfinder Telecommunications

Why on Earth are people flipping out over someone asking a simple question even if it's old news? Maybe I just came out of a coma and didn't know about that old news. Maybe I just learned how to use a computer and I didn't know how to do a search for old news. Maybe I'm just lazy. In any case it's no reason to be "disturbed" over my post.

As far as your concern goes I'm not flipping out over it, or being disturbed by it.

I just wanted to know because I like the fact that the figures which are relased under Generations have painted faction symbols and the Reveal The Shield figures do not. Sure I can use my own faction symbol stickers to replace the rub symbols, but I just rather have the painted ones.

I was wondering if the rest of the Generations figures were now going to be released as Reveal The Shield figures even though we've already seen them shown on Generation cards.

Is there anything wrong with the fact that I like painted faction symbols?

8. RedAlert Rescue

RedAlert Rescue Banned

News Credits:
    Reveal the Shield has the same barcode number as Hunt for the Decepticons stuff and Movie ROTF stuff in the UK so they see it as all an evolution of the Movie Deluxes it seems.

I think they might carry on making Generations longer than people are asuming they will - I agree the overlap is dead odd though. when Tracks & Jazz & Grappel seem to be Classics toys and Lugnut is a bit either or and Fallback & Mindset are probably Movie Universe. (If only because of the molds they use and that Mindset is an Autobot).

9. Foster

Foster Super Mod

News Credits:
    So you're angling for Jazz and Tracks with tampoed faction symbols? Look into United.