Is Reveal the Shield dead or be sold under the DOTM line?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Skyclaw, May 6, 2011.

1. Skyclaw

Skyclaw 6 Types of Madness!

Anyone heard if the RTS is dead or will be sold under the DOTM line toys? I'm still needing Wreck-gar, Perceptor and Grapple and i have not see them in my area at all and them seem limited or wave 2 is so close to the release of DOTM toys and hasbro is changing to be sold under that line? Anyone heard anything? Just trying to wrap up this line and start on something else. Thank everyone.

2. wildfly

wildfly Lasers, 8 O'Clock, Day 1.

News Credits:

RTS Delxues and Voyagers aren't the same as scouts.

You won't see them under DOTM. Full stop.

3. Steevy Maximus

Steevy Maximus Movie Megs eats your soul

News Credits:
    Reveal the Shield was the spring marketing theme for the Transformers brand. It is, effectively, dead and will be replaced by Dark of the Moon product in a couple weeks.

At this stage, those figures have been available online since February, and retailers are NOT going to be getting more of RtS with a movie line on the way (and probably AT most of your local retailers).

Your best course of action is to suck it up and order online at this point. Hasbro will NOT be "repackaging" any of its RtS product to be sold under the DotM label.

4. Flyby33

Flyby33 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Tru.com has g2 prime, turbo tracks and bb listed as dotm so it could be possible

5. Foster

Foster Super Mod

News Credits:
    RTS is so dead in fact, if you activate the rubsign now the faction symbol will have x's for eyes.

6. Omegax80

Omegax80 Using a Positive Rifle

News Credits:
    This. Win.

7. Steevy Maximus

Steevy Maximus Movie Megs eats your soul

News Credits:
    TRU simply cross referenced the UPCs so they could continue selling their existing stock of RtS and be able to offer any sales to both product lines. Remember, they sold GI Joe 25th alongside the movie product in 2009.

Reveal the Shield is done and will NOT be associated in any way with Dark of the Moon.

8. wildfly

wildfly Lasers, 8 O'Clock, Day 1.

News Credits:
    Essentially the answer to your question is go buy them online.

9. captaingambit

captaingambit Urban Explorer/Toy Addict

LOL! Thank you for giving me a chuckle today! You rock! :D 

10. Kup-is-Dion

Kup-is-Dion Lord Cthulhu

Since you are the expert in what Hasbro will and will not do, tell me this. Will hasbro release Windcharger, Rumble and Frenzy in DotM packaging? Or because they were intended to be Reveal the Shield, will the die. I understand the were available in foreign markets and specialty online retailers that no child has access to(WC) so does that make them dead never to be seen?

11. NGW

NGW Rawr

News Credits:
    It's dead Jim.

12. Saberfrost01

Saberfrost01 元ロボ ダイユーシャ

Well Played my friend. Well Played

13. transmasterc

transmasterc Well-Known Member

indeed.Well,its sad to see RTS going away.I did find Wreckger and I was fortunate to get Grapple as well.Whindcharger is just that one that got away.

14. videriant

videriant Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    1) RTS is dead. Just because TRU has it listed does not means it's true.

2) Just because RTS is dead does not mean that the figures will not be available anymore considering TRU was still selling Re-waved Wave 1 Animated twos year later and started selling Walgreens Universe repackages a year after Walgreens have clearanced them out.

3) Just because RTS is dead does not mean that figures Hasbro originally intended to be in RTS is dead. Windcharger in his current form is dead but Rumble and company still have a fighting chance and the Windcharger mold can still make a reappearance as a completely new character or with a deco change.

4) Just because there are no plans for scouts in DOTM right now does not mean that there never will be. The most likely avenue for releasing scouts in DOTM would be as store exclusives.

15. Fishdirt

Fishdirt Tin Toy Transformer

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    RTS didn't hit near me past wave 1 and wave 1 was only kohl's. Smart money is on a fall release as we've already seen toys from april 2009 get stocked on the shelves the past couple months. Smart money's on seeing them in the fall.

Repackaging isn't too far out either. You have to realize the products are made, the dies and development costs need to be recouped and a profit needs to be made.

16. iamamachine

iamamachine colonyofcells

News Credits:
    My guess is the Reveal the Shield line died but after 3 months, it will be resurrected at Ross/tjmaxx/marshalls. Or maybe Hasbro will sell the Reveal the Shield figures again after they get sick of the tf3 toys.

17. videriant

videriant Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I guess we need to back up and define RTS. As has been mentioned, RTS was a marketing theme for the yellow boxes. Reveal The Shield was the rub signs. The marketing theme before RTS was Hunt For The Deceptions which allowed you to input codes online and do missions. The yellow box filler line may reappear after DOTM but the Reveal The Shield marketing them is over.

18. moreprimeland

moreprimeland Optimus told me to do it! Moderator TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    :lolol 

I had wondered about this line myself, only I envisioned a skull & crossbones for the "rubsign"

19. terry981

terry981 Well-Known Member

Wow, doesn't that suck. I ended up getting grappel for $35 used from a fellow user here and since I bought a couple more figures, especially the rare Classics Ratchet (really want Henkei...grrr, he'll do for now) from him, he's throwing in Windcharger for free. Lucky me though I think. Sigh... I won't be buying figures for the next month or so. I hope United still continues to get released. My friend is going to Hong Kong in a few weeks and he's going to see if he can pick me up some United lines.

20. Blitz.

Blitz. Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'd be half tempted to wait and see what happens after the main DotM line they might do a new wave that will also mix in the prime toys... or move onto something else