Is Quintessons create and work for Unicron in G1?

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by galvatron1976, Feb 28, 2011.

1. galvatron1976

galvatron1976 Well-Known Member

Hello ,i have a question to ask ,is Quintessons create by Unicron and work for him in G1 cartoon and comics?
    Can Quintessons Transform?

Thanks.

2. Aernaroth

Aernaroth <b><font color=blue>I voted for Super_Megatron and Veteran

News Credits:
    They can switch faces, and they have some minions who can transform, but no, not really. And they don't appear to have been built by Unicron.

3. Motor_Master

Motor_Master Lets the balls touch TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I don't recall there being any connection between the Quints and Unicron. The Quintessons cannot transform.

4. DecepticonSpike

DecepticonSpike Kimber/Stormer Fanboy

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    According to issue #4 of the Marvel "TF: Universe" The Quints are Unicron's enforcers, tracking down and killing any who survived one of his attacks. Doesn't make much sense though.

5. PrimeOQZ

PrimeOQZ Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I remember reading that way back too. At the time it almost made sense because the Quintesons captured Kranix. Doesn't anymore with the way the tf history shaped up but I wonder if it was an idea that was scrapped. I wonder if Bob, Flint or Ron remember anything about that.

6. CVprowl

CVprowl FREEDOM FIGHTER

i thought the quintesons created the transformers according to the og cartoon? then didnt hey create unicron and primus?

7. Nachtsider

Nachtsider Banned

News Credits:
    Primus created the TFs; the Quints came along later and enslaved them. And no, Primus and Unicron, being gods, have no mortal creators.

8. CVprowl

CVprowl FREEDOM FIGHTER

thanks. i am pretty confused as usual. i swear the og toon said the quints created the transformers. those season 3 and 4 stories are kinda hard to watch. but, ive tried. : )

9. Lunar Archivist

Lunar Archivist Well-Known Member

You're getting confused because so many authors have tried reconciling the comics with the cartoon with mixed success at best.

In the G1 cartoon, the Quintessons created the Transformers and an alien known as Primacron created Unicron. Primus was never shown to exist in the G1 cartoon continuity and no other link between those parties was established.

"The Transformers Universe Handbook" used an older script for the movie as the basis for its profiles and claimed that the Quintessons were Unicron's heralds. That may have been true at one point, but was most definitely not the case in the final screenplay.

Later writers tried merging the G1 cartoon and comic continuities by claiming that the Quintessons were originally Unicron's heralds, but kind of went off to do their own thing and created the Transformers using Cybertron, Primus' planetary shell, as their base of operations (or something like that).

It's a pretty lousy marriage of canons, in my opinion.

10. CVprowl

CVprowl FREEDOM FIGHTER

thank you.

11. kryptofred

kryptofred super-con

Ebay:
    I'm not sure where I heard it but I thought the story was Unicron was fustrated in his search for Primus and created the Quintessons with some sort of inherent instinct to seek out Primus in the hopes that they might see through whatever Primus was using to hide behind. That's what led them to settle on Cybertron but Unicron still didn't recognize Primus and declared the whole experiment a failure.

Again, can't, for the life of me, remember where this comes from but I'm pretty sure I didn't dream it up myself.

12. Lunar Archivist

Lunar Archivist Well-Known Member

Perhaps you're thinking of the the 3H Continuity?

Disclosure - Transformers Wiki

No problem. :) 

Honestly, everyone and their mother has ideas about how this all fits together, so don't worry too much about it. Follow the above link, check out the entry on the Quintessons, and get ready for a headache.

I did get one small detail wrong in my original post: there may have been a connection between Primacron and the Autobot Matrix of Leadership, but this was only vaguely implied and no attempted explanations ever given.

13. Grand Sword

Grand Sword Well-Known Member

I hate the Quintessons and think of them like Superman's kid in Superman Returns, Jar Jar Binks in Star Wars and the edning of Indiana Jones 4.... they never really happened...

14. Duximus Prime

Duximus Prime Chronomancer

Ebay:
    As is often said, correlation does not equal causation. My own personal reconciliation of the Quint origin with the Primus origin is that at some point Primus did create the first TFs (the 13, perhaps?), and then that original generation used either the Matrix of Leadership or Vector Sigma (or some other means of tapping into the core of Primus) to imbue proforms/husks with new life.

Some time after this, the Quints settle Cybertron and enslave the race of machines on the planet. Alone, they do not create Transformers, but mass produce bodies for the war and commerce bots seen in the cartoon, which are then imbued with life through Vector Sigma (or some other conduit that a non-Cybertronian is capable of using). At the same time, the Quintessons spread propaganda that they are directly responsible for their slaves' creation as a means of gaining legitimacy for their servitude, much like they might later have done with the Sharkticons and Alicons whom they enslaved on Quintessa.

None of this really has anything to do with the relation of Unicron and the Quintessons other than to say that they are not at all connected save for the fact that the Quints settled on the planet that was the slumbering form of Unicron's counterpart.

15. Fishdirt

Fishdirt Tin Toy Transformer

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    no, some weird alien created Unicron and later a giant energy absorbing spider.