Is Prime Unicron the same Multiversal Singularity from G1?

Discussion in 'Transformers Robots In Disguise / Prime Discussion' started by Keith Prime, Feb 2, 2012.

1. Keith Prime

Keith Prime Advanced Engineer

News Credits:
    I just got done making a post talking about Sideways' multiversal status, & wondering if he were to show up in Prime, if he'd still be the same Sideways from the Unicron Trilogy...

This got me thinking: Since Unicron is in Prime, is he the same Unicron from TFTM, who is a Multiversal Singularity, existing across all Continuities?

Or does the reboot apply to even the Multiversal Singularities?

Unicron, Primus, Sideways & the Original 13 are all supposed to be one across all realities/ continuities/ alternities, but are they now?

Thoughts?

2. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    Well that's what Hasbro's saying these days.

3. rxlthunder

rxlthunder Banned

News Credits:
    Yes he is.

4. Keith Prime

News Credits:
    After following a few linkes to the Multiversal Singularity page on the TFWiki, I found this regarding someone asking what if the the Fallen appeared in Prime:

So, now the question becomes how did Unicron end up (& remain) at the Center of Earth before he was active in the G1 universe, in 2005, since his particular method of Multiversal existance is to physically leave one & go to the next?

5. Tiller

Tiller I don't know nothin'

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Prime is its own continuity. No previous bullshit like multiverse crap exists at all until Prime references it.

6. Sockie

Sockie News Staff

News Credits:
    This. Hasbro's said this a few times now. This Unicron isn't the same one from any other continuity.

7. kiko315

kiko315 Well-Known Member

Then is it safe to say that this new Unicron is not necessarily a planet-former?

8. ezim93

ezim93 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The way I see it Unicron exists in all Universes at once along with the 13 Primes and has the ability to switch which Universe he's focusing on at will. If they were to be destroyed hypothetically, their essence would live on and they would still be able to manipulate others. But then again this is all my opinion and how I interpret universal singularities.

9. Kaijumaster

Kaijumaster 335

News Credits:
    Sliders was the one that said that not all parallel realities time flows at the same rate, some are older, some are younger. In the A/E/C timeline when Unicron was defeated his physical form had shrunk MUCH smaller than other continuities, and this Was the singularity character, Since Prime is the newest reality "I" choose to believe he fled to that reality which was much earlier on, and this accounts for his Much smaller size (Even in modern Prime time he is smaller that previous forms)

10. Keith Prime

News Credits:
    Well, considering he's the CORE OF A PLANET (as is Primus), I'd say that's up for debate still.

It's been established that Primus exists w/ a physical body in all realities simultaneously, w/ his consciousness focusing on a specific reality, while Unicron has a single body & crosses the dimentional boundries as he wishes. You have it backwards.

My research today on the TFWiki shows that some Multiversal Singularities, like Vector Prime, who spends considerable time outside the normal time flow, can have an ascended essence beyond the normal reach of Death.

11. Hellscream15

Hellscream15 Hi... Bl

What are multiverse characters?

12. Keith Prime

News Credits:
    A Multiversal Singuliarity in TransFormers is a character who only has a single expression (whether body or consciousness) across all realities/ shows (& comics & novels... & in some cases even bios/ tech specs).

All the different series in Transformers create alternate universes. We call this existance of multiple realities a Multiverse.

Across all the different continuities, Hasbro reuses names, but for different characters. Usually, they share a common personality, but are seperate characters, such that they can meet in a crossover. (ie. there is always an Optimus Prime, but they are all different characters; G1 Optimus isn't Animated Optimus, though they share similar roles & traits, for example)

However, Primus, Unicron, the Original 13, Sideways & a few others have only one character in all realities. They are the same entity no matter what fiction you talk about. G1 Unicron is the same Unicron who appears in the Unicron Trilogy (E/A/C), for example.

We refer to an entity that only has one existance in the Mutiverse as a Singularity.

There are a couple ways this can be expressed. Unicron & Vector Prime, for example, each have one body & can cross dimentional bounderies. Primus, however, has a body simaltaneously existing in all realities, but he shifts his one consciousness between them as he needs (usually, Primus' body is dormant as Cybertron).

See the TFWiki for more details (yes, it can get confusing): Multiversal singularity - Transformers Wiki

I made this thread to debate whether Prime's Unicron (& by extention all the others) is also G1 Unicron, somehow Time Displaced, or if the reboot is ignoring the other Shows/ Continuities/ Alternities, such that there are now 2 Unicrons in existance in the various TF Realities.