Is Prime The Worst Written Transformers Series Ever? The Worst Animated Show Ever?

Discussion in 'Transformers Earthspark and Cartoon Discussion' started by BooyakaDragon, Dec 12, 2012.

1. Noideaforaname

Noideaforaname Pico, let's go up to Zuma

News Credits:
    I'm sure we can all agree that transforming robots are cool... right?

2. Jetbolt

Jetbolt Maximal Air Commander

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube (Handle):
    Sadly no, as some hate the idea of fur cover robots. Pretty much we only agree on disagreeing.

3. Dolza_Khyron

Dolza_Khyron Well-Known Member

idk.

i just think i see way too much "worst" and hate threads. there are hardly any love threads.

maybe that thread about the magic being gone is right.

maybe it is gone. because we're all taking it too seriously. enough to hate things about it. i mean it is just a toy line with a bunch of cartoons. lol nothing really worth hating. and sometimes i wonder why people are even in this fandom.

:lol 

4. TylerMirage

TylerMirage I vawnt my berdt.

News Credits:
    ...Trying to think here. ... I got nothing.

This^.

I mean, jeepers, if Beast Wars and TFA can have its naysayers, then no, I don't hold out hope for something that will be universally praised within the fandom. :lol  That's why I always say that we will never get a Transformers movie, or any animated series that will please everyone. We can act like somewhere over the horizon is some writer or director or visionary that will make a 100% perfect movie/series and wipe our tears away, but no, there's no such thing.

"Except when they're like super complex bionicles, or hippies or have no fun like TFP or such like Energon or blah blah blah." - The Fandom

;) 

5. TFXProtector

TFXProtector TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I realize everyone has an opinion and that's great, but I can't understand all the hate for the show. (Let me say, I know not everyone hates it, but there is a lot of hate for it. There is a difference and I recognize it.)

Some of the pacing is off, I can't deny. Some of the filler goes way too far. The relic hunt saga went on way too long and reminded me too much of that flick Vantage Point. (Although Vantage Point was entertaining.) Some of the ideas are pure and total ass, such as Optimus constantly fuckin' his troops by throwing their chances at anything down the drain.

That being said, the show is still quite good and overcomes it's flaws with terrific voice acting, terrific guest stars and great characters. I think the writers and producers are trying to come up with a grand finale and make something special, but it takes time. They're just taking a bit too much.

6. Strawberrytop00

Strawberrytop00 Derpticon

Kiss Players is creepy and strange and...just...just weird. O_e
    (we might all agree on that)

7. agent j 15

agent j 15 Banned

I still enjoy it, but I do recognize it's slipping quality.

When I first saw it, I loved it. Dark, violent, great dialogue, good plots...the majority of season 1, I love. But as the show went on, I felt like the writers kind of got lazy. Most of the beginning of season 2, I can barely remember because I WAS NOT INVESTED. Plots kept changing, it was extremely unfocused...whenever something came up that I started to enjoy, BOOM HERE'S THIS OTHER THING. They got a bit more focused when they brought in the Omega Keys, but I still wasn't very invested. Story wise, I just wish the show wasn't so ADD. Animation wise...eh. I like that they're using CGI, but it just feels...cheap sometimes. I know that they have to cut corners with CGI, but still, all land is perfectly flat, streets are never crowded and sidewalks are never packed...oh, and when they aren't in the base (
    and of course, now THAT'S gone
    ), the color palette is just fucking BORING to look at. I still love the show for how dark and violent it is, but being real dark and violent alone doesn't make it good. I wish a TF show could be well written, accessible to fans and newcomers alike, AND be extremely dark and violent. But oh well.

8. Wheeljack30

Wheeljack30 Banned

Are we excluding the Bayformers movies? cause if not their part of the crap transformers movie/shows

9. Zaur

Zaur Banned

I really do think Miko hurts the show, she's my least favorite character, because they try to make her comic-relief and make her cool, but her shifty eyes and her voice makes me want to change the channel...but I really don't like people who are like that in real life either so it stands for reason.

10. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

I'm just not as pessimistic to think that the magic is gone for good. It just seems like things come in phases so sometimes it's a great period for the things you love and other times it's not so good.

For example I really enjoy movies, but damn 2009 was a bad year with things like X-Men Origins: Wolverine, Terminator Salvation, Land Of The Lost, Year One, Transformers: Revenge Of The Fallen, and G.I. Joe: Rise of Cobra. With a summer like that it would be easy to think Hollywood had lost it's touch and movie magic had left town never to return. But this past summer we got Avengers that fulfilled the wishes of so many comic book geeks that it felt like the magic had returned with a vengeance.

So yea Transformers Prime might not be everything I could hope for in a Transformers cartoon and it's not the fun I had with Animated, but it's still an okay show and it's not likely a show that will last forever so I'll enjoy it for now and hope the future holds a show better tailored to my taste.

11. jackgaughan

jackgaughan Banned

News Credits:
    I'm sorry, what're you getting at? Because, this is Shift Eyes.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 12, 2016
  12. 5ky7ynx86

5ky7ynx86 Lieutenant Commander

In my opinion, Prime has potential; it just hasn't shown it yet.

Also, its not bad. It's had it's "d'oh" moments (relic hunting), but it's not bad. It's my third fav, after Beast Wars and Gen 1.

Beast Wars also had d'oh moments (especially in the third season), yet almost everyone (aside from those who say OHMYGoSH THEY ARE ANIMALS HOW TABOO and dont even look on the good parts of the show) looks past them and agrees its great. What's different about Prime?

13. PcPrime23

PcPrime23 501st Legion Trooper

News Credits:
    I 100% agree with you dude :) 

14. soundwave142

soundwave142 Decepticon over-seer

News Credits:
    your a wise dude :O

15. Bountyan

Bountyan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    In hasn't shown its potential...in 52 episodes? That sounds sad.

16. kaijuguy19

kaijuguy19 Keyblade Wielder

News Credits:
    The reason why a lot of people are getting very uptight about how Prime's doing so far is that it showed a lot of promises with some of it's arcs and characters but didn't go the way they expected or wanted to. Perhaps it is a form of poor story telling or due to being pressured or have some ideas changed by Hasbro likely for marketing reasons.

Either way like you said it still has poteintal and the show isn't over yet so who knows what it'll bring later on? Perhaps next season can at least make some people content.

17. soundwave142

soundwave142 Decepticon over-seer

News Credits:
    TFP could be a late bloomer.

18. Bountyan

Bountyan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    That's a bad thing.

Why should I have to wait more than 52 episodes for a show to get good?

19. kaijuguy19

kaijuguy19 Keyblade Wielder

News Credits:
    To be fair it took Armada a long time before it got interesting as well and that helped it out a bit.

20. Sideswipe80

Sideswipe80 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Armada never got interesting lol.