Is Prime The Worst Written Transformers Series Ever? The Worst Animated Show Ever?

Discussion in 'Transformers Earthspark and Cartoon Discussion' started by BooyakaDragon, Dec 12, 2012.

1. Yggdrasil

Yggdrasil Banned

News Credits:
    I'd rather take a cactus up my ass than watch ANYTHING Sonic X related.

2. Sw4ns

Sw4ns Member

Echoing what plenty of TransFans have already said, I'd agree that the Unicron trilogy was pretty poor. Much moreso than Prime has been.

Don't get me wrong. I tried. I really really tried to like the Unicron Trilogy when it first came out and again quite recently, and although I have to give credit to the writers for having a story they wanted to tell, they didn't have to tell it to us more than once.

3. Victorysabre

Victorysabre Born to Transform

News Credits:
    At least it's better than the movies. And Armada. And Energon. But overall, it's fairly weak.

4. Zaur

Zaur Banned

Uh, are we talking about two different Sonic X's? Because the Sonic X I know was the most action-packed cartoon for a video game franchise out there. At least I'd rather watch that than season 2 of Prime.

Here's my problem with Prime (besides the animation errors) there's no fun. There's no feeling that the writers are having fun making it, and where there is jokes, they're very stale and seemed forced. Most of the one liners come from Miko or Bulk, and really not all that funny. I often feel like when watching Prime, that I'm really watching Mel Gibson (i.e. careers being destroyed).

5. Gingerchris

Gingerchris Telly-headed Tyrant

News Credits:
    Just because you personally can't see those reasons doesn't mean those reasons don't exist for other people. You're obviously getting all you want from the series, and that fact is why you can't possibly fathom why other people dislike various aspects of the show.
    My sister loves celery. To me it tastes like the inside of a tramp's arse. She cannot understand why I hate celery because she doesn't experience what I do when she eats it. All she tastes from celery is 'YUM!'. All I taste from celery is the bumhole of a hobo.

6. kaijuguy19

kaijuguy19 Keyblade Wielder

News Credits:
    No one here is saying you're not allowed to be on the Prime forums if you hate the show. You have an opinion like everyone else. What we're asking here is that if you really think the show will never get better at all then why not just stop watching it?

7. mrcaino9

mrcaino9 Leakin' Lubricants!!!

^^^Yeah, they could liven it up abit... it's kinda boring & for the luv of God, please switch up the main Autobot roster. I know there's a strict budget for models & all, so kill atleast 2 of them off & replace. The scenery is far too dull, alot of the characters are just bleek & forgettable. The storylines/arc's are mainly crap!

But is it the worst written/worst TF series ever...

(Imo)... No, i like Prime more than (Energon, Animated & Beast Machines). As far as worst animated show ever... hell no! Not as long as there's (Mortal Kombat: Defenders Of The Realm, Samurai Pizza Cats, Eek The Cat, The Go-Bots, Action Man, G.I.Joe (the DIC series), Street Frogs, Bratz, The Winx Club, TMNT: Fast Forward/Back To The Sewers, The Avengers: United They Stand, Street Fighter (USA cartoon), Darkstalkers, Sherlock Holmes In The 22nd Century etc. etc.

8. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

I think there is just something rather weird with our culture that things are either the best ever or the worst ever.

Before people were claiming that Transformers Prime was the worst cartoon series ever they were claiming that Transformers Animated was the worst thing ever. And it goes on like that with the worst series ever all the way back.

It's really the same thing with the live action movies and the various toy lines with something always being the worst thing ever until the new things come out and then we have a new worst thing ever.

I can understand how there are things people don't like about Transformers Prime, but it seems to be part of the overblown expressions of our times to call it either the best series ever or the worst series ever.

9. Spin-Out

Spin-Out Well-Known Member

I... I actually agree with you. Dude, I seriously, actually agree with you. I mean, hell, I'm the first to crack wise when you post something funny, but you seriously, honestly are RIGHT.

That's the big reason I don't like TFP as much as I like Animated, or BW, or hell, even RID. Because those were FUN. TFP's gorgeously animated, action-packed, and has good standalone plots, but it can't carry a single arc for more than three eps and the writers are trying too hard to make it dark and edgy.

I mean, sometimes making something darker and edgier works, like with the third season of Digimon, but Prime just kind of tries to play Transformers dead seriousness when there's an inherent ridiculousness to the concept. The writers want to make it mature, but they forget how Transformers at its best is still fun.

10. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    Agreed. Though I have fun with it (Mainly Starscream and Smokescreen deliver the fun) but man this show could live a little.

11. kaijuguy19

kaijuguy19 Keyblade Wielder

News Credits:
    How do you the writers aren't having fun with writing the story? Really I get that you don't think it's fun but then how do you know the writers aren't being forced to do this? And what about the fans who think otherwise about TFP?

12. Spin-Out

Spin-Out Well-Known Member

Don't forget Knock Out!

13. Dolza_Khyron

Dolza_Khyron Well-Known Member

why is it that our fandom is so negative?

"worst movies"

"worst toys"

"worst characters"

"I hate miko!"

"I hate animated!"

"I hate g1!"

"I hate beast wars!!"

is there anything in our fandom, that we can just be positive about? :lol 

14. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    More than Meets the Eye?

15. Meta777

Meta777 Dr Pepper Fan

I'm generally pretty damn positive about things. I like G1, Beast Wars, Beast Machines, WfC/FoC, Animated, Prime, the Movies.

The only series I don't particuarly gush about is the Cybertron trilogy thing, MTMTE and Kiss Players, the former two because I haven't seen them and the latter because OMFG WTF IS THIS?!

But yes. Positivity, that's the way of a Meta! :D 

16. Puck Hockey

Puck Hockey Well-Known Member

I should convert from a Puck to a Meta myself. Someday, I'll make the journey...!

17. Rev

Rev Well-Known Member

I am enjoying Prime on Netflix. Almost done the first season and I think it is quite good.

18. Jetbolt

Jetbolt Maximal Air Commander

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube (Handle):
    Sick of the yellow fever in stores?

19. Prime Jetscream

Prime Jetscream HE PULLS THE STRINGS AND HE MAKES THEM RING

News Credits:
    I literally, honestly cannot think of anything. At all.

20. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

It would have to be something that knocks it out of the ball park on so many levels that it left fans fairly speechless. Which is really hard to do because there have only been a handful of things in a very few franchises that have left almost every fan happy. Honestly can't think of any franchise that doesn't have at least one or two angry fans.

Although it might help if things weren't hyped to a level that no show, movie, or toy can live up to.