Is Prime Screwed?

Discussion in 'Transformers Robots In Disguise / Prime Discussion' started by SquirtleSquad7, Feb 14, 2012.

1. SquirtleSquad7

SquirtleSquad7 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    After the news of Transformers 4, will Prime be left alone to die when the company's efforts switch to the movie?

I hope not, or I at least hope they either 1. Officially end prime before it can get canceled, or 2. Maintain prime even while the movie racket is going on.

What do you guys think? Is prime screwed? Will it not matter, because prime won't last till 2014? Or can they keep both going at once?

2. Shatterpoint

Shatterpoint Neato

News Credits:
    Short answer: No.

3. LacksAFace

LacksAFace Devastator's Balls

The movie is scheduled for 2014, but it isn't definite it will be released in 2014 and by that time Prime should be done anyway.

4. Snark

Snark Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Getting so fucking sick of watching people run around proclaiming the sky is falling.

5. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Administrator News Staff

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    Prime will be fine - Dark of the Moon came out during season 1 of Transformers Prime after all, and TF Prime seemed to get by fine on that.

6. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

Just not very optimistic about Transformers Prime toy chances when all the new Transformers Prime toys will have to be put on hold or canceled so it can be all about movie related toys.

The cartoon series has a better chance since it's managed to continue on without a toy line so far.

7. mrdecepticon

mrdecepticon Decepticon Leader

It will be fine,it will either be finished by 2014,this could always be the reason why its coming out then to allow Prime to have time to carry on or it will get by as it did when DOTM was out.

8. SuperJazz

SuperJazz Dictator of my Dimension

Don't flip out. It TF4 won't be till 2014 so Prime is safe for now. And when TF4 is released, i'm pretty sure it will be stable enough to withstand the bombardments of TF4 shit that'll come out.

9. Kaymac

Kaymac I'M REALLY FEELIN' IT!

Me too.

Prime is secure. It is Hasbro's property ENTIRELY. No Cartoon Network involved.

I am sure Hasbro has planned ahead to ensure the safety of the new cartoon and continuity they have tried so hard to create. I doubt Prime is merely a filler line. Animated wasn't either. It was just that the two movies popped up the time that they did that caused the problems.

10. WoundSave

WoundSave Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    yup.

in an ideal world- Prime would continue into 2014 (season 4 by that point).

TF4 would land in the summer as Bay stated. (riding off the hype of TF PRime and the 30th anniversary)

Then Prime would return with a movie of its own for XMAS 2014, and pick up again with season five a couple months later..

I would really like to see something like that take place- following the g1 cartoon progression with an epic animated movie that exits well into a following season (hopefully they kill of bumblebee in the Prime movie or something like that... i'd grant him a super heroic epic death to make way for some screen time for anyone else. equally OP dying isnt out of the question. remember that Hasbro plans to stick to this continuity for the next 10years or so.... So IMO any show that may follow Prime would hopefully be connected in some way.

im pretty sure they have already started writing TFP season 3 - so if season 3 is likely i dont see why season 4 is out of the question

11. ABrown

ABrown Well-Known Member

Agreed on both counts.

12. doomboy536

doomboy536 Universe Onslaught fanboy

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    TF Prime won't last much past 2014 anyway, that's just the nature of cartoons these days.

13. StarryAqua

StarryAqua Former fandom follower

News Credits:
    The continuity of Prime is to last for at least a decade. I think Prime and all its possible spin-offs will be fine.

14. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP AKA Beve Stuscemi

News Credits:
    No kidding. Especially when there's already been a thread on this.

Is the search function broken or something?

15. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout Hammer of the Gunplas

Agreed.

I mean, it's two freaking years away AT LEAST. That's plenty of time for Prime to run its course with a comfortable three seasons and a large toyline, and Generations to come out as well. And years last a LONG time.

16. TFW10

TFW10 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Its safe for now; so don't get too upset.

17. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

Well GI Joe Renegades is Hasbro's property but it got canceled. So being on the Hub doesn't mean you can't get the ax. To make it even more fun not even so much as a rumor about getting a cartoon to replace Renegades so no new Joe on the Hub.

18. Snark

Snark Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Copy and pasted from another thread where you made a similar post:

Firstly TFP is a ratings success, not just domestically, but globally. Contrast with Renegades, which did decently on the Hub, but would have probably flopped outside the US, as GI Joe is generally known to do.

Additionally, Hasbro has invested far more in Prime than Renegades. Not just in terms of budgets in regard to the show, but additional material as well. Prime has two MMOs on the horizon, a toyline, a sister show in the form of Rescue Bots, additional merchandise and a presence in other Hasbro properties such as Kre-O. Furthermore, it serves as the flagship series of the Aligned continuity. Renegades on the other hand, had a half hearted toy release and that was pretty much it.

Of course, two years is a long time, and things may well change by 2014. But that will depend on hype on the new movie as well as how well Prime is doing in the ratings then, which none of us can accurately predict. But for the immediate future at least, Prime is safe.

19. Nachtsider

Nachtsider Banned

News Credits:
    All I'll say is that anything is possible.

20. harrismonkey

harrismonkey Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Animated ran along side ROTF and received quite a bit of shelf space and support. I don't know why Cartoon Network canceled the show, but the toys were on shelves for quite a while after the cancellation.

Hasbro has been running two lines at a time for a while. Two years from now Prime may be running out of gas anyhow- but if it's still going strong generations is more likely to have issues with shelf space than Prime.

If Prime has either run it's course or come close to running it's course than it's demise would be inevitable whether or not TF4 is what bumps it.