Is Prime really going down the tubes?

Discussion in 'Transformers Earthspark and Cartoon Discussion' started by kaijuguy19, Feb 12, 2012.

1. Primal Sabbath

Primal Sabbath Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    I don't see Prime suffering... As long as retailers see how good they sell (Hasbro, stop overpacking the piss out of Bumblebees!) and they hopefully learned from their mistake of ordering too much of wave 1 & 2... It'll be fine. With 3 movies constantly churning out the same re-shelled crap for 4 years, it's no wonder the final movie waves were cancelled.. I highly even doubt TF4 will put a dent in Prime's glory. Same stuff as the former 3 with ages new guys here & there.. Kids know the brand now, thus meaning Hasbro can push better stuff (stuff we want too) out on the shelves... Besides... Prime can continuously change.. There's an arsenal of characters for them to cycle through & 30 years of story for them to pull from; cartoons, comics, etc...

2. Tekkaman Blade

Tekkaman Blade Professor of Animation

News Credits:
    We have till at least 2014 before they start screwing with Prime.

3. SuperJazz

SuperJazz Dictator of my Dimension

True. And besides, it has only had one season. Why would they scrap it when it has such good ratings from fans thus far? That just does not make good business sense.

And TF4, the ungodly abomination it's going to be, will not be released until 2014 so Prime still has some time to cement itself before the shit storm that's TF4 comes along.

4. Ratchets Hatch

Ratchets Hatch Medic

News Credits:
    Well, that is bad news about TF4, but two years should give Prime enough time to go wherever it's going. On the other hand, since Hasbro has their own network now, they might still continue with Prime even while TF4 is going on.

5. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Be strong enough to be gentle

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Of course they will. It didn't stop Prime from going on during DOTM.

6. kaijuguy19

kaijuguy19 Keyblade Wielder

News Credits:
    That's true!:)  However Prime didn't have it's own toyline yet at the time....

But maybe Hasbro can find a way around it!

7. CVprowl

CVprowl Done

i totally know where you are coming from. its like hasbro is creating disposable brands within the brand trying to squeeze all the profit from it they can. its disappointing, but when the next reimagination is ready the hype machine will kick into overdrive again about how awesome it will be yadda yadda yadda... i hope they can stick with prime for awhile. im getting fed up with rebranding al the time...

8. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Be strong enough to be gentle

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    At worst they pause the toyline. Considering it's a CGI show and we're unlikely to get new characters every week I don't think it'll hurt the line.

9. FatalT 71

FatalT 71 Mr. JazzHunter

News Credits:
    Prime will be fine.

10. kaijuguy19

kaijuguy19 Keyblade Wielder

News Credits:
    Hasbro did say that Prime it's main focus for now so I think the show's safe. I mean why go into all the hard work on trying to make a solid countunutiy if you'll then just chuck it away? That brings more damage then good.

Yeah that's true.

11. soundwaverulls

soundwaverulls Taking a break

Well we can now be certain that there will be toy problems in 2014 and a fourth season is looking less likely.

12. RedAlert Rescue

RedAlert Rescue Banned

News Credits:
    Perhaps the International aspect can keep prime propped up- as Animated didn't have that it was a near failure everywhere bar North America.

If Prime catches on Globally that will help it keep ticking over so long as the USA sales are OK too.

Though It's Hasbro so I never discount them being able to make a mess of something. I remember how many endless years it took Gi Joe Fans to push them into making another Scarlett toy and that was when Hasbro was more competent too.

At least now Arcee has a toy I can't say the same for Lioness from A.T.O.M.

13. Ratchets Hatch

Ratchets Hatch Medic

News Credits:
    That's true.

Oh, I think we'll make it at least to Season 4. That would be what... spring of 2013?

14. mrgalvaprime

mrgalvaprime IDW2019 Stan

News Credits:
    Yeah and whos to say that after the movie hype ends that the Aligned continuity wont return anyways. However knowing my past experiences with irony me saying this will somehow cause Hasro to become bankrupt in two years :p 

15. Snark

Snark Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    If the new movies are a reboot as some speculate, it could well be in the Aligned continuity.

16. Kaymac

Kaymac I'M REALLY FEELIN' IT!

Exactly. But the current continuity makes so much money I doubt they will abandon it this soon. TF4 will most likely be a direct continuation of DOTM. When there IS a reboot, Aligned continuity all the way.

17. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

With all the delays, cancellations, and other toy related problems lately I'm feeling rather pessimistic about the toy line. We were told that a delay on the Animated toys wouldn't be a problem but well we see how Animated turned out.

Plus even if Hasbro does start making something better looking than the RiD figures the news of a release date for a 4th live action movie is kind of a countdown clock to when Transformers Prime toys will get pushed aside for movie toys.

While everyone says don't worry, don't worry, Hasbro owns the brand, Hasbro owns the network, ratings are pretty good, Hasbro wants to sell toys, well these are the same things people were saying about GI Joe Renegades. Since the cancellation of Renegades there has been no new GI Joe cartoon. If Hasbro can cancel Renegades to focus the brand on the new movie then why is Transformers Prime totally safe from the same fate?

18. soundwaverulls

soundwaverulls Taking a break

Season 2: 2012, season 3: 2013 and season 4: 2014. I don't get why you think we'd get season 4 in 2013.

19. Snark

Snark Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Firstly TFP is a ratings success, not just domestically, but globally. Contrast with Renegades, which did decently on the Hub, but would have probably flopped outside the US, as GI Joe is generally known to do.

Additionally, Hasbro has invested far more in Prime than Renegades. Not just in terms of budgets in regard to the show, but additional material as well. Prime has two MMOs on the horizon, a toyline, a sister show in the form of Rescue Bots, additional merchandise and a presence in other Hasbro properties such as Kre-O. Furthermore, it essentially serves as the flagship series of the Aligned continuity. Renegades on the other hand, had a half hearted toy release and that was pretty much it.

Of course, two years is a long time, and things may well change by 2014. But that will depend on hype on the new movie as well as how well Prime is doing in the ratings then, which none of us can accurately predict. But for the immediate future at least, Prime is safe.

20. TFW10

TFW10 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Being realistic I don't think Prime isn't really holding its own in the toy section, but as the cartoon wise its ok.

Being optimic, it should work it self out, it could have be just bad timing for Hasboro.

Its just a wait and see, if there's more hiccups than its safe to assume that, Hasboro has way more important priorities than Prime.