Is Prime really going down the tubes?

Discussion in 'Transformers Earthspark and Cartoon Discussion' started by kaijuguy19, Feb 12, 2012.

1. Matty

Matty @StayingInTheBox Veteran

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Yeah, this is a major overreaction. I think the Fandom fails to remember that there is always something that happens within a given year that causes "nerd rage." Prime is still a toddler and has a lot of growing to do especially with no other Transformers related material in the near future; talking about Prime going down the tubes is just paranoia.

2. Silk Spectre

Silk Spectre The Evil Queen

The main toyline might be going down the tubes, as far as I'm concerned, but I still look forward to watching the show and will continue to watch it as long as I think the show itself is solid.

3. biscuits

biscuits Sin from Genesis

I liked the look of the FE toys, hoped that they would be improved upon in the RID line, but they all look like crap, except the cyberverse and Voyager starscream. I love the show still, but the figures disappoint me so much :( 

4. Spunky

Spunky Well-Known Member

That Michael Bay pic is creepy. He really is possessed by the Devil, isn't he?

5. blackTtop

blackTtop No this is not Patrick...

All I can say is, if you like Prime, then support it! Buy the DVDs or BluRays when they come out, buy the toys (or at least the ones you like); speak with your money. That way you can say you did all you could do to keep what you like going.

Think positive dude! :thumb 

6. Matty

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Some people will tell you he IS the Devil ...

Which reminds me, I need to update this sig. I'm sure someone is going to blame Bay for canceling the DOTM toys ...

7. Spunky

Spunky Well-Known Member

You know what? He IS the Devil! He really is. So who's his Antichrist?

8. kaijuguy19

kaijuguy19 Keyblade Wielder

News Credits:

I had no idea this was a spam thread. I just made it so I can show my concern over the fate of the show because I care for it very much! Trust me I'm calmed down about it.

Yeah I mean sure some of the toys like Bumblebee were dus but some like Wheeljack,Soundwave,Ratchet,Arcee and the Vehicon look GREAT!:thumb  So does Megatron. I do think that people are just a tad overratcing to it even if it's understandable.

I agree that the show has so many things right so far! I do hope that the 6% you've put up is correct!

Excatly! I mean there's no need to go over the top crazy over it like lunetics!

It is premature. The whole mess abotut eh DOTM being cancled and the response to the RID Tyos not being what people want them to be got to me. I'm better now honest.

:lol 

Right. This may be just a minor setback and who knows? Hasbro may pull itself together again later on and release the FE toys properly and such!

I DO indeed like Prime and buying the toys and DVDs is exactly what I'm going to do when they come out!:thumb 

I'll think more positively now!

9. Matty

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    I still think the reaction to the FE toys was overblown. I have both the FE versions and the RID versions of several characters and the differences between the two are not that big. Of course it varies from collector to collector ...

We'd all be perfectly content with the RID versions if we hadn't known FE was in existence.

10. kaijuguy19

News Credits:
    That's true. I mean the RID Bumblebee and Arcee actually have some things in common with thier FE version like with their legs for example. However soem of the RID toys like Arcee and the vehicon so far turn out mcuh better looking then their FE conterparts. I'm still in shock about how many of these people can forget them!

If we didn't have the FE in existance things would have been different but since the FE DO indeed exist I'm having a feeling that it'll take a LONG time for some people to warm up to the RID toys.

11. Jumping Cliffs

Jumping Cliffs Active Member

I forget sometimes how overboard internet posters can get. It is just plain weird to me.

Prime the cartoon is going to go strong for a while. I watch it, my son watches it, every single one of my sons male friends watch the show. I am talking 100% age 10-13. No, he does not have just 2 or three friends, he is a football player, basket ball player and has lots of kid friends. All of his friends talk about the show, they show off the toys they got over christmas and are jonesing for new toys to come their way. Prime is healthy.

Obviously, DOTM needed to be cancelled. How can you continue a line when they do not sell? Have you been to TRU, Walmart or Target since Xmas? The pegs are full of the same DOTM crap since the initial restocking. The only toys I have seen move are the Generations toys. At Walmart, the clearance isle is flooded with DOTM Mechtech garbage.

Of course the retailers did not order FE if they did not know they were Prime toys, not to mention even if they knew they were Prime, you would hesitate to order more Transformers if you have tons of unmovable Transformers on the shelf. Yeah, I want some Prime toys, yeah the current toy situation is not Ideal. Once the DOTM garbage gets out of the way and Prime toys get a chance to show that they will move the line will be secure again. As far as the show goes, it is a bell cow for the Hub. It is not going anywhere. On a side note, I know lots of little kids that are chomping at the bit for rescue bots as well. Heck my 4yo daughter talks about it every day, and she has only seen the two shows and commercials. It may be bigger than Prime IMO.

12. Challenger

Challenger Loves Bumblebee

News Credits:
    I'm sure that Prime is going to be fine for, at the very least, a couple more years. As long as my favorite characters are still alive in the show, I'm going to continue to watch, and hopefully enjoy, it.

13. ErbFan28

ErbFan28 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Where is all this sudden negativity coming from? I thought Transformers Prime(the show at least, definitely not the toys) was doing great in terms of popularity and anticipation.

EDIT: One thing that really pisses me off is that I have yet to see a Prime toy at my local walmart at all, in fact we rarely get any new Transformers toys. It pisses me off, damnit

14. kaijuguy19

News Credits:
    It it! It really is doing great with being popular and such! It was just that yesterday after all of the mess with DOTM and the almost negative vibes on the RID toys I guess some of it got into me and had me worrying about the fate of TFP. I'm better about it now and now that I think about it Prime being canceled seems VERY unlikely despite what some people have to say about it.

15. mrdecepticon

mrdecepticon Decepticon Leader

The cartoon is fantastic,its the best one since Beast Wars.The new season is coming out soon which i cant wait for.The toy-line will do well,and alot of the toys look great I haven't seen any of them in the UK yet.And if they were planning on cancelling Prime why would they of cancelled the DOTM line?

Prime will go strong for a couple of years or so at the least.

16. Ratchets Hatch

Ratchets Hatch Medic

News Credits:
    With DotM over, the entire Transformers franchise is now riding on Prime. I don't see any reason to worry about the show.

17. ErbFan28

ErbFan28 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Its good you feel that way. I don't want Transformers Prime to get cancelled. Although, I have a few criticisms of the season 1 but I feel it has the potential to be the best(at least in my opinion) series yet or at least tie with Animated and the Beast Wars/Machines. I hope season 2 proves Transformers can still have a great plot and awesome characterization.

18. Nope

Nope yscohb

News Credits:
    With Prime cancelled, all Hasbro would have is Generations stuff. And even so, those would fail without a cartoon or movie supporting TFs as well. So yeah, I doubt Prime will be gone soon.

19. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    If anything Hasbro will try to keep Prime alive for as long as they can.

20. moreprimeland

moreprimeland Optimus told me to do it!

News Credits:
    :D  I said, IF I didn't know better, I would think you started a spam thread, trolling for more naysayers and negative comments. It just seemed so out of character for you from the first time you posted, you've been such a supporter, hated to see such a turn around.

Glad you're better now, feeling more positive! You should, can't let the haters and whiners get you down, m'kay?? :lol