Is Prime really going down the tubes?

Discussion in 'Transformers Robots In Disguise / Prime Discussion' started by kaijuguy19, Feb 12, 2012.

1. kaijuguy19

kaijuguy19 Keyblade Wielder

News Credits:
    After all the news of the DOTM toy being canceled and such today I'm begining to wonder if there's any hope for Prime after all.....:( 

Think about it most fans have been keeping track about the screw ups Hasbro made lately not to mention the over the top rants about the RID toys and the whole strechng the Aligned Countnutiy thing to a level that it has too many brands in it. If this goes on will it affect the show?

That and the whole stratagy of having the show air around 2010 then not realeasing ths toys last year until this year and canceling the First Edition toys which caused massive nerd rage.

As you know by now I've supported Prime to the fullest and wish it to last a good healty run and not have the same fate as poor Animated did but after today I wonder if I'm just wasting my time supporting a show and brand that was doomed the moment it was born? What if it's best to just give the whole show and line up right here and now and forget it ever existed?:( 

I SERIOUSLY hope I'm wrong and that Prime will have a normal run and end it properly but right now the whole negativity of what ahppend today's getting to me and it scares me......:( 

2. rxlthunder

rxlthunder Banned

News Credits:
    Eh, just wait for Skyquake. Maybe he can save the day.

3. jgoss

jgoss transformers fan 4 life

don't worry prime will be fine, it has a great following

4. Overlord Balder

Overlord Balder Voices Slugslinger!

You're antecipating your pain far too much, this was just a minor setback.

Animated was cancelled for a barrage of reasons, the lesser being the movieverse screwing with their toys [cartoon network being jerks, Hasbro wanting to open its own Network: Those were the main driving forces for Animated's cancellation].

As I also like to remember, Prime is Hasbro's main series, every single project of Hasbro is involved with it today [they wrote two novels with a third promised, have one cartoon series, forcibly put two critically acclaimed games in this chronology and are making a goddamn mmo for it].

Prime is not going to be cancelled, it would be bad for business.

5. kaijuguy19

News Credits:
    So did Animated but look what happend to it!:( 

I hope you're right though mate really I am!

6. soundwaverulls

soundwaverulls Well-Known Member

While I am now uncertain if any Transformers toy line is safe, I think, as long as they can finish Prime before TF4, the cartoon should be safe.

hey look, I'm saying something positive!:music 

7. Chromia217

Chromia217 I luv Mark Hamill

Whatever happens will happen. It is what it is. I dont want it to go away, but worrying about won't solve anything. Lets hope it stays right where it is right now and enjoy it while it's here.

8. steve71

steve71 Active Member

I am new to the series and I just started watching it and I like it so I hope it dont get cancelled.

9. Paxtin

Paxtin Why am I here?

It will be interesting to see what hapens from here on in, given a lot fo people like myself are stating to feel really indifferent towards the toy line.

If it does in fact result in the show taking a hit because of toy sales taking a dive, that'd be a shame.
    Though given a few speculated complaints I've seen from some about where the first 3 episodes of season 2 might go, the show may lose some fans as well.

We'll just see, I guess.

10. Valkysas

Valkysas Attack Buffalo

News Credits:
    The DOTM line was cancelled most likely because retailer interest shifted to the Prime line (which is also the reason they passed on the first edition figures, oddly enough).

Prime will be alive and well until there's another movie line. After that? No one knows.

11. kaijuguy19

News Credits:
    Trust me people I WANT Prime to have a complete run to the end! It was tough enough when Animated got canceled,Prime having the same thing happen to it would be beyond dissapointing!

howver seeing how many people are pessimistic about how the show will do after the three parter I wouldn't be suprised if it did lose fans. Face it I wouldn't be suprised either that only a few will remember it after it ends.....:cry :

12. Kaymac

Kaymac I'M REALLY FEELIN' IT!

Prime may meet the same end as Animated, unfortunately. However, it's on Hasbro's own network, it seems to be doing well amongst kids (Prime toys were sold out at Christmas while the movie toys continued to warm shelves.), and it's already planned for 3 seasons. Hasbro is in it for the long haul, and I think they just want to get the movies out when they have to and focus on other things. Each movie line is getting consequentially shorter as a result of lack of retailer interest. In the end, it all comes down to what THEY want, and what they presume will sell.

It's something new. It's something fresh. Animated was too, but I feel it strayed to far from the movies to get recognition from kids.

Transformers has always been a brand about the characters and character recognition. Whatever character is recognized the most at the time will get the most toys. Hasbro seems to be manipulating this in a way as Prime is most certainly NOT about Bumblebee. There has been what, one Bumblebee centric episode?

If Hasbro doesn't pull up their socks, I'm afraid fan negativity towards the sub par offerings in RID, combined with their cancellation of the FE (which Hasbro is claiming to try and rectify), will result in the death of the toyline.

13. Oberoniss

Oberoniss DOESN'T-EXIST BABBU

News Credits:
    Uuuugh, not this so close to the second season premiere. You're not helping my burgeoning case of the paranoias.

14. kaijuguy19

News Credits:
    Yeah.....You know after today I don't see the point of supporting Prime anymore. If it's going to only go downhill then what's the point of likeing it? A group of fans won't save it. Fans of Animated wern't able to save it so why should Prime be different?

I tried to be optimistic but it seems that it's a lost cause. The whole idea of Prime's a lost cause!:cry :

I mught as well stop being a fan and stop supproting it because what's the point? It's only going to get worse from here on. Might as well get off it while I'm still have the chance.

15. kaijuguy19

News Credits:
    I'm sorry I'm really am but I'm just talking about the realty of the whole situation. The truths hurts but that's life for you. Might as well get used to it.:( 

16. Kaymac

Kaymac I'M REALLY FEELIN' IT!

I feel the toys are just supporting the show actually. The show is still an amazing product, and if you wish to support it you can buy the DVDs, rather than the toys.

I have high hopes for Prime. The new character sculpts in the RID line are actually pretty good! Wheeljack, Soundwave, Ratchet, even Knockout. RID Arcee looks like a good improvement over FE, and Cliffjumper appears to be of similar quality to the FE. The Decpeticons Voyagers look pretty good, but of course, all the "Powerizers" are brought down by their gimmick. Also, all the Cyberverse toys look quality as well!

I watch the new episodes as they come out and I love the show and the direction it is taking. It's not the show that is going downhill, but rather the toys, but we are only judging this on a couple bad apples like RID Powerizer Bulkhead and RID Bee. Th Powerizer Skyquake I have high hopes for since he's a character that actually NEEDS a big, oversized light up weapon.

17. soundwaverulls

soundwaverulls Well-Known Member

I don't mean to be rude but I think you may be overreacting again. I often say pessimistic things but I will still give season two a chance and try to maintain some small amount of hope. All we can do is see how things go.

18. Oberoniss

Oberoniss DOESN'T-EXIST BABBU

News Credits:
    ..Really? I mean, really?

19. Valkysas

Valkysas Attack Buffalo

News Credits:
    You're being incredibly dumb.

Prime just started, and is set for three seasons so far. It's on Hasbro's own network, meaning Hasbro can keep it going as long as they want. If retailers lose interest, they can rebrand the line (see how they handled the unicron trilogy and classics lines) and keep it going.

20. Paxtin

Paxtin Why am I here?

I know how you feel. Only instead I'm just going to sit back and enjoy the ride.

One way or another I'm still looking forward to watching season 2.