Is Prime is part of WFC?

Discussion in 'Transformers Video Game Discussion' started by Spiderus Prime, Jul 2, 2010.

1. Spiderus Prime

Spiderus Prime TFW Spongebob since 2007

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    I used Tfwiki everyone and I find that someone have rename All the WFC stuff from G1/WFC to Prime I know that WFC Bumblebee and Prime Bumblebee are look none like each because War for Cybertron Bumblebee looks more G1-like head than Prime's Bumblebee wich have more of a Movie-like Head.

2. apparatus

apparatus pre-Spark toaster

?

elaborate please

3. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    TFWiki states that Prime and WFC are the same, so all characters have "(Prime)" after their names.

However they also seem to treat the game as "secondary" (my words) continuity to the books and whatnot, despite the game being what all the books and stuff is based off, so I wouldn't trust them completely. Optimus' page doesn't mention the game, and the bio at the top ends in "Yadda yadda yadda", while most characters don't even have pages, so they're likely not finished. :/

4. Opticron Primal

Opticron Primal Comin' up OOOs!

News Credits:
    Eh, judging by BB's design, I doubt they're one and the same. If anything Prime's gonna have a backstory similar to WfC.

5. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    I wouldn't use the designs as firm evidence that they're NOT linked. Afterall, Beast Machines Cheetor looks nothing like any of his Beast Wars bodies.

However we don't have a lot of evidence that says they are one and the same.

6. Opticron Primal

Opticron Primal Comin' up OOOs!

News Credits:
    Eh, I'm not saying they can't take design ques from it (the last episode of WTF@TFW described Prime and Megs as being a blend of WfC and movie designs) but having WfC's designs be predecessors of Prime's would be too different IMO.

I do see what your saying though. Atm there aren't enough details.

7. KAGE

KAGE aka: GibsonKAGE

News Credits:
    I would say NO! It's just so obvious that it's not. Yeah, they are using a lot of G1 elements for the show, so you can say the have the same history (WFC) but different futures.

ComicCon will give us our answers hopefully, just wait till then.

8. Deadend

Deadend Overloaded Spark

News Credits:
    Honestly? Won't know till it airs.

Aestheticly, it can either way.
    Story-wise it can go either way.
    Writers and so on, it can go either way.

All we know is it's about what it means to be Prime. Which can fit Movie, WFC, Exodus, or even others, since almost in all listed Optimus is relatively new to being a prime.

9. bellpeppers

bellpeppers A Meat Popsicle

News Credits:
    I'd say that WFC and PRIME are 2 separate entities.

10. Valkysas

Valkysas Attack Buffalo

News Credits:
    Uh, devs said that they were "making a G1 game" in an interview with EGM.

So I'm not seeing how it can be connected to Prime. Hasbro may say it is, but I'd say that's about the same as takara saying Animated is movie continuity, even though even in their dub, it's very obviously not.

11. Chevluh

Chevluh Well-Known Member

TFWiki says it because Hasbro says it - kinda. Hasbro stated WFC would be the new basis for Transformers, so it follows Prime should be based on WFC.

But it's actually a bit different: it's Exodus (which is not just a prequel but a retelling of WFC) which is the new basis. And it doesn't quite tell the exact same story as WFC, there's a number of little changes that add up (Optimus' origin is different from WFC, the Matrix is different from WfC, the end is different, Bumblebee's muteness is there, no Zeta and despèite what was said at botcon Sentinel in Exodus is not quite the same character, etc), and Exodus introduces the 13 primes thing, which WFC never mentions.

And even then there's a chance Prime won't stick to the Exodus canon. They weren't exactly explicit about it at botcon.

12. SentinelPrime

SentinelPrime I NEEDED THAT!

Ebay:
    I seem to recall Hasbro saying they were using WFC as a sort of all-purpose, general "what happened" pre-Earth story to work with from here out. It's like everything else, there may be continuity errors from show to show, but I think the concept is to use WFC as the streamlined "official" prequel when questions arise as opposed to the myriad of options to draw on from before it. Kind of a house cleaning and revision and a fresh start but using the classic elements.

13. Razorclaw

Razorclaw Are ya gonna draw pistols

Aesthetics aside, which are somewhat similar to what Prime BB looks like, WFC is G1 game to the core. Even with different voices you can clearly see the character resemblance between all of the game characters and their counterparts.

As for Prime series, I must ask - why does Hasbro have to reinvent the story?

I don't love the WFC aesthetics, I'm somewhere between like and indifferent, but I would much prefer to have a series that continues from the end of the game and follows G1 cartoon pretty closely in story and setup. I want a remake of the G1 series that dispenses with the bad from the original series, while using all that is good from WFC, Animated and BW.

14. Chevluh

Yeah, but judging by what was said at botcon it's really Exodus that's used, and Exodus is not quite the same thing as WfC.

15. Transformed

Transformed 神戸 Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    :lolol  we knew from the START that these two shows were the same story.

16. CelticMutt

CelticMutt Herald of Thundercracker

I think WfC is supposed to be the prequel to Prime, but it hasn't officially been stated yet so maybe not.
    No, High Moon said G1 inspired. That, and since we don't really know what Prime is yet, it may be a G1 inspired series as well.

17. Transformed

Transformed 神戸 Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I think that all depends on who was speaking for High Moon Stuidos and when he/she was speaking. Matt Tieger has said many times that they were making a G1 game :/

18. Sso02V

Sso02V Injector Has a Posse

News Credits:
    Matt Tieger also said we'd never seen Cybertron before.

19. Chevluh

But no, he has instead stated several times G1 was their core inspiration, which is not quite the same thing.

20. Valkysas

Valkysas Attack Buffalo

News Credits:
    Not Tieger, but...

[​IMG]

... yeah.