Is Prime Absent In Most Of The TF Sequel (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Lord Kimbot, Feb 1, 2009.

1. Lord Kimbot

Lord Kimbot Member

Rumors And Possible Spoilers (Read At Your Own Risk)
    According to Empire magazine, there is some speculation that Prime may get killed off in this movie. Part of this speculation stems from the fact that his vehicle mode was not seen in Egypt, though other TF modes were.

I just watched the trailer, and from it, it seems like just about all of Prime's battle damage that was shown on the cover of Empire magazine occurs in the first part of this movie in China.

I am wondering if Prime gets killed off very early in this movie or at least severely incapacitated and is absent for the majority of the film. I really hope what I am saying is not the case. I don't want this film like the first where Sam is the complete focus and the Autobots, especially Prime, take the back seat again. The 30 second trailer seems to indicate that this film may not be all that different from the first film in this regard. Hopefully I'm wrong.

2. Starscreamer95

Starscreamer95 'Civil' Nintendo Fanboy

News Credits:
    I hope your wrong too

3. chaddi_90

chaddi_90 Prime

News Credits:
    Yeah me too!
    If he gets killed i'm not going to watch the third movie, if they make one.

4. Lord Kimbot

Lord Kimbot Member

I'll be especially upset if they kill him off in the first part of the movie. His vehicle mode is seen in New Mexico shooting later scenes, so maybe he's around for the rest of the flick. I don't know.

I heard a rumor that there is a scene on an aircraft carrier where Megan Fox is crying. Being that protoforms are crashing into the carriers, I am wondering if this scene occurs at the same time or shortly after the China attack scene. I hope Megan is not crying on that carrier because of Optimus Prime's death.

5. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Administrator News Staff

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    If you watch the trailer closely, when he fights the Constructicon, he gets his faceplate smashed off. So he's definitely taking a beating in that fight. I'd imagine he gets knocked out of action in the first wave of the Decepticon attack, repaired, and comes back for the final fight.

Don't think he will die, and I'm sure he will get plenty of screentime and action. He just might need to lick his wounds a bit between battles.

6. chaddi_90

chaddi_90 Prime

News Credits:
    Are you sure about that because when he gets his faceplate smashed off it is in the middle of the day,sunlight and everything and then it is a another background there are threes and whatnots.

I could be wrong

7. Lord Kimbot

Lord Kimbot Member

This scene was filmed in Long Beach which is supposed to double as China. So it looked like he's taken a pounding at the beginning of the film.

8. Primus

Primus Beware, the modelers. Veteran

News Credits:
    Or he joins with Jetfire after his beating.

9. DrLee

DrLee Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    how do we know that they didn't film all of his Vehicle mode shots back in the states and that all of his scenes filmed in egypt are of him on his Bot mode?

10. TFfan08

TFfan08 Vigilante

News Credits:
    Rumors said it was just a Sam's nightmare, Optimus was beated to death.

11. jazzman_78

jazzman_78 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Surely they won't make the same mistake as the 80's movie. Killing Optimus would kill the movie franchise. There's no one to take his place for one. He's the most recognizable to the audience, whether old fans or new. I agree with the bot mode only theory for Egypt.

12. Alienbot

Alienbot Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Killing Optimus creates a cliffhanger for the third, which Bay said he would not do. However, they shot in Egypt for a minimum of scenes, while most of the filming took place back in the States; this also does not indicate he will die.

13. Thundercrackah

Thundercrackah Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Just because his truck mode wasn't around for the Egypt shoot doesn't mean his CGI robot mode won't be there in the final movie.

It would be utterly insane to kill Optimus Prime off early in the second TF movie, or even incapacitate him for most of it. I dont see that happening at all. He is one of the main draws for these movies after all.

14. Zherbus

Zherbus In Shogo Hasui, we trust.

News Credits:
    Heavy trucks are better suited for pavement roads than desert sand.

15. Vizer

Vizer Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    I highly doubt that they would pull something that climatic at the beginning of the movie. If he does die, I would think it would be at the end. However, in order to have one Prime that defys the stereotype, it would be cool if movie-verse Prime actually lived throughout the trilogy.

16. darkpilatus

darkpilatus Member

Just wanted to add some stuff about the trailer... when the centennial corvette smashes through the fire and transformers you can see just at the end he's being chased by smaller bots. Second, Bay is a big fat liar about Megatron. When Shia is under a robot hand look behind him... I can clearly see that nasty tank tread from the new Megatron concepts...

17. Putrecon

Putrecon Banned

Didn't Peter Cullen say in an interview in the lead up to the new film that he was talking to the ILM guys about the lack of lines he had & general absence of O.P. and they said due to the success of the ifrst film (and in turn the huge budget to aid more CGI) that'd he be in the second film a whole ton more?

So they already admitted he's in it alot before the film was being shit :D 

I'd link you if I could find the quote. sorry.

18. cosmicherosa

cosmicherosa Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Maybe Optimus' gets beat up real real bad, and is near Death. Hence why Ratchet hasn't been seen much, he has been keeping Optimus on life support.

I wonder who the new hero will have to be before his triumphant return....

19. Thundercrackah

Thundercrackah Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Exactly.

20. oxygenic

oxygenic OTTOBOT

Prime should be in most of the movie. At least I truly hope so. The movie loses much appeal in my opinion if hes gone.