Is Predaking The Strongest combiner and Devastator the weakest?

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by galvatron1976, Dec 11, 2010.

1. galvatron1976

galvatron1976 Well-Known Member

Hello,i have a question ,is Predaking is the strongest combiner while Devastator is the weakest combiner in G1 ?

Is Menasor the 2nd Strongest following by Bruticus or Superion ?
    Is Monstructor from Decepticon Pretender Monster the 2nd weakest ?
    Thanks.

2. Valkysas

Valkysas Attack Buffalo

News Credits:
    I believe Piranacon's old Marvel Transformers Universe/package bio cement him as the strongest of the G1 combiners.

3. Pravus Prime

Pravus Prime Sorcerer

News Credits:
    Yep. From http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/trans...iokiaser-predaking-most-powerful-gestalt.html

And later,

4. Aernaroth

Aernaroth <b><font color=blue>I voted for Super_Megatron and Veteran

News Credits:
    Devastator is considered the oldest combiner, so his technology is seen as somewhat obsolete, so it's possible that yes, he's the "weakest". But he also has 6 members, rather than 5, and in some circumstances he's shown as a lot bigger than some of the scramble city combiners, meaning he might be stronger.

It really depends on who's writing the story, I guess.

5. G1-LORD GANGSTA

G1-LORD GANGSTA Banned

Imo based on g1 Devy is 6 is numbers compared to 5 does it for me. I think he had a cool ass voice better than any others after. But the bios says predaking so i can say the constructicons worked better as a team so with that and devy has numbers 6 to 5 DEVASTATOR wins and nothing defeats the devastator.

6. deymasc

deymasc Well-Known Member

According to Who's Who In Transformers Universe it is said that Predaking:
    As a warrior he has no equal; as a weapon he has no restraints. He is the closest thing to a perfect fighting machine the Decepticons have.

7. LEADERS_MATRIX

LEADERS_MATRIX Wisdom of the ages...

Devistator's mind was a mess because of him being the first combiner, and an exsperiment, so he is slow and stupid compared to the others, Predaking is said to be the best melding of minds making him the smartest, and the fastest of the gesaults.
    Piranacon, in his bio said he is slow, and combersum on land so he's only good in water.

8. Tigertrack

Tigertrack Back In The Game!

9. G1_Cindersaur

G1_Cindersaur Banned

News Credits:
    devy has been forced to disconnect via punches by menasor, also bruticus has knocked him apart...and rumble inside astrotrain aborted the constructicons from combining.

predaking has been schooled by autobots, but never forced apart that i can remember with fights from other combiners.

menasor blew that funny crater in the ground and made bruticus disappear during the episode with starscream and the combaticons after the constructions were getting their asses schooled by the combaticons....

so i would rate them...

predaking/abominus at the top
    menasor
    bruticus
    devy

not rating monstructor since i have not seen any material about his combiner strengths.

10. G1-LORD GANGSTA

G1-LORD GANGSTA Banned

Predaking it's been said has no weaknesse's but every battle i seen him fight in g1 series has been defeated, and the fact that they relie on animal instinct and they are known to fight among each other which makes me nit trust them to work together most of the time. A lion is smarter and faster than a bulldoser but it cannot deafeat it the bulldozer will just run it over. Devy has more and very strong and works better as a unit. Yea bruticus beat devy and so on but predaking never did in g1 series. in the 90s a boxer buster dougles beat tyson who is devy... and riddick bowe who is predaking beat buster who is bruiticus/menasaur but tyson beat riddick bowe twice im just useing them as example's and comparison's, Devy wins for me. Nothing defeats the Devastator Nothing.

11. Tigertrack

I would tend to think animal instinct would win over militant brute-force.

12. Fishdirt

Fishdirt Tin Toy Transformer

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Depends on the continuity. I had to look up Predaking, with all the recent popularity, and was disappointed. He was as lame as any other "created" gestalt on the cartoon. He also has a shotty history. First a creation of the quintessons and then a decepticon with no explanation.

As for other continuities (toys comics and other series) I don't know yet but I keep hearing he is one tough hombre. He can lift more then any other transformer (was it 2 million tons or something?).

13. Tigertrack

Predaking is still a big bad-ass toy! :) 

14. G1_Cindersaur

G1_Cindersaur Banned

News Credits:
    yeah the buffalo tried that against the long rifle..in the late 1800's ....look how that turned out....FAIL!

15. Tigertrack

I didn't exactly mean it that way. Of coarse man-made weapons can defeat nature.
    But if it was hand-to-hand man against beast......................

16. Aernaroth

Aernaroth <b><font color=blue>I voted for Super_Megatron and Veteran

News Credits:
    Knowledge and strategy can overcome tooth and claw. Humans managed to survive that way, didn't they? Also do a group of space robots merging into a giant space robot really count as nature?

17. Pravus Prime

Pravus Prime Sorcerer

News Credits:

500 tons.

Reading can be key.

18. sto_vo_kor_2000

sto_vo_kor_2000 Banned

I dont think it was clearly stated that the Quints created the Preds.

19. Driftx3

Driftx3 lord of all things robot

Computron was really strong too. And I always thought Computron had the best functioning mind. I could never find a clear explaination of his strength however.

20. SMOG

SMOG Vocab-champion ArgueTitan

If you're just talking about STRENGTH...

It's probably PIRANACON... IF you take his absurd statistics at face value. I suspect there's an extra zero or two in his bio, it's hard to confirm stuff like that. I mean, if you don't allow for a degree of error in those bios, then Optimus Prime is significantly stronger than any of the 1986-87 combiners (his listed weight is 2000 tons... I suspect it's intended be something more like 200).

Second is probably PREDAKING. Not all of the Combiners had listed lifting limits, but a few of them did, and it's pretty clear that Predaking is at least TWICE as strong as any of those guys (Superion, Defensor, Bruticus, Menasor).

We really have no idea how strong Devastator is. There are no numbers to go by, but despite him being among the most primitive combiners, I like to think he's also one of the strongest. After all, the Constructicons probably have one of the highest Strength averages of any TF team, and more members in the combiner.

Here's the breakdown according to the stats...
    Piranacon - 4 000 000 tons (!!) probably exaggerated
    Predaking - 500+ tons... maybe as much as 1000 if straining?
    Defensor - approx. 300 tons
    Menasor - approx. 280 tons (vague estimate based on his bio)
    Bruticus - 250 tons
    Computron - 240 tons

Devastator - UNKNOWN
    Superion - UNKNOWN
    Abominus - UNKNOWN

Uh, it's pretty clear... http://www.ntfa.net/universe/english/index.php?act=view&char=Computron
    It's also notable that Computron is one of the few combiners with less than 10 Strength in his tech specs... so he might be the weakest of the bunch. Also, reading the bio, it's interesting to see that Computron was designed "centuries ago" on Cybertron... which may actually make him one of the oldest and most obsolete combiners!! :D 

Of course, his cartoon origin is different, but this is his original bio, so I tend to go by that as the primary source.

As for being the best functioning mind... I don't see it that way. He has the greatest potential... he's easily the smartest Combiner. BUT... he's also fully brain-damaged. He is virtually incapable of making any kind of normal, timely decisions, and that makes him almost useless in a crisis. He's functionally severely autistic, or perhaps obsessive compulsive.

All of which is to say that Computron basically sucks! :lol 

I think Predaking has the best functioning mind of the Combiners, followed by Piranacon (if single-minded) and Defensor.

zmog